• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • VUPDblue

Silencers Have NEVER Been Illegal !
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    Are there special rules for cars towed with an ongoing investigation? Seems like somebody in there other than the officer or lab would taint any additional evidence.

Yes. If the paperwork is marked “detective hold” then it is to remain secure. If it’s a high profile crime like murder or something along that line, the car goes to crime lab, not the tow lot.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    From a police officer... that's saying something!

l8ppcrV.gif

Fireman610

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    May 27, 2008
    Down by the River
    Just be glad we don’t live in a Anti-2A state. I had a friend who’s firearm got stolen while he was on vacation out of his Hotel Room, it was recovered about 6 months later in Va. if I remember right. A year later he got it back his nice S/A Operator had the case number, and Property Tag number engraved on the slide with an electric pencil by whom I’m assuming was Michel J Fox... or an addict with the withdrawal shakes something horrible! Their explanation “paper tags get damaged and fall off when moved around. He did manage to get it taken care of but it ended up costing him a lil coin for an atty. The S.O. replaced the firearm because of the damage.

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    Tick, tock, tick, tock... Approaching 4 months now without my pistol. Secured by IMPD for "safe keeping" as I rode in an ambulance to Community North. I'm getting more than a little steamed under the collar. I'm not sure if there's any legal recourse here but I'll be looking into that shortly.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Tick, tock, tick, tock... Approaching 4 months now without my pistol. Secured by IMPD for "safe keeping" as I rode in an ambulance to Community North. I'm getting more than a little steamed under the collar. I'm not sure if there's any legal recourse here but I'll be looking into that shortly.
    Hit up guy relford. He has a very good record of big settlements for police departments overstepping their authority or not doing their jobs. This is BS. Good luck

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana

What possible reason could they have for not returning it under those circumstances??

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville

:xmad:

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    What possible reason could they have for not returning it under those circumstances??

A policy that for no matter what reason, ANY firearm that enters the property room MUST go through ballistics testing to verify that it was not used in a crime. (make sure it doesnt match any bullets of unknown origins)

AKA "Guilty until proven innocent." :rolleyes:

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    A policy that for no matter what reason, ANY firearm that enters the property room MUST go through ballistics testing to verify that it was not used in a crime. (make sure it doesnt match any bullets of unknown origins)

AKA "Guilty until proven innocent." :rolleyes:

My gun will never talk.
    It has a cyanide tab hidden in it's magwell.

edporch

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Oct 19, 2010
    Indianapolis
    This is why in recent years I advise people to carry a reliable handgun that you don't have a lot of money in. Then when the police take it, and go into their "backdoor" gun confiscation scheme (while claiming they're for law abiding citizens being able to carry) you won't be out so much. Their actions show they're banking on the idea that it will cost more to hire a lawyer than the gun's worth, so you'll just forget about it eventually and let them keep it. Hence, "we've gotten another gun turned in".

Last edited:
    Top Bottom