• ...and so much more!
  • FNparabellum

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Aug 30, 2022
    Indianapolis
    This has been covered ad infinitum on INGO, but there are a lot of people that will refuse to participate in a sale that requires a bill of sale or anything recorded. Doesn't mean that they're up to something nefarious. It just means that it's not required by law and they don't want to give their personal information unnecessarily. If you want to require one, that's up to you. Ya pays yer nickel and ya takes yer chances as to whether or not that's a hindrance to selling (or buying) your item.
    I agree. I personally dont require it but plenty of people I know do. Just because I dont do it doesn't mean I cant think its a good idea

FNparabellum

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Aug 30, 2022
    Indianapolis
    Just be sure to list this in your sale add. (Because most of us will then skip over it.) Wouldn't dare want to spring this on someone last minute at the meet location. :nono::nono::nono:

Never know though, if you are selling something at half value, even I might sign a BOS? Maybe? :dunno:

:twocents:
    Of course you should mention it. Id hate to drive half an hr just to find out the deals a no go. Ive said a few times but ill repeat myself. I dont require it but that doesn't mean I cant think its a good idea.

Jaybird1980

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    North Central
    The prosecutor? The cops? Your lawyer? My lawyer says its a good idea. Granted I dont do it simply because its non of my business who has it once ive sold it. Im assuming you didn't do jail time for that incident so it didn't hurt though.
    The cops.

They basically said if they thought someone was involved that a handwritten piece of paper is not going to change anything. If they had pc they would just get a search warrant anyway. I don't really know why a lawyer would say that unless they were drawing up some kind of paper and having it notarized, otherwise I don't think it means squat.

I mean I could write up a fake bill of sale for something and sign some names to it in about 2 minutes. It means nothing.

Flingarrows

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 9, 2019
    Greenwood
    Don’t fall for it. They told me there’d be free cookies a couple of times and if those were a lie, free guns is a **** lie.

giphy.gif

FNparabellum

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Aug 30, 2022
    Indianapolis
    The cops.

They basically said if they thought someone was involved that a handwritten piece of paper is not going to change anything. If they had pc they would just get a search warrant anyway. I don't really know why a lawyer would say that unless they were drawing up some kind of paper and having it notarized, otherwise I don't think it means squat.

I mean I could write up a fake bill of sale for something and sign some names to it in about 2 minutes. It means nothing.
    The cops are guna tell you whatever they want to get "the bad guy" same reason you dont tell them anything after a self defense shooting. The lawyer who actually helps in court is probably a better judge of whats helpful or not.
    If you are going to require papers and documentation for a private sale, why not just take it to an FFL for the transfer?

:scratch:
    Inconvenience of finding one thatll do it, not having to deal with a possible delay status resulting in waiting a few days, and avoiding the $30 charge

FNparabellum

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Aug 30, 2022
    Indianapolis
    So extra paperwork is no longer "a good idea" because of inconvenience and a small transfer charge?

:dunno:
    You relise theres levels to it right? Like cleaning a single dish isn't the same a doing a sink load of dishes. Signing a paper isn't the same as paying a extra fee and possibly getting delayed. Its cool if you dont wana do it we all understand that.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Everyone who sees this thread. Its pretty clear my man.

You are speaking for everyone who reads this thread? You sound as if you are speaking for numbers of folks? I've just not met them? Yet, I've met a lot of INGOers. Hmmm...?

The INGOers I've met understand the legalities and normal parameters of a private sale.

:)

FNparabellum

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Aug 30, 2022
    Indianapolis
    You are speaking for everyone who reads this thread? You sound as if you are speaking for numbers of folks? I've just not met them? Yet, I've met a lot of INGOers. Hmmm...?

The INGOers I've met understand the legalities and normal parameters of a private sale.

Its possible you misunderstood what I wrote. I said we all understand you dont like the thought of paperwork in a private sale. Do you disagree that everyone reading the thread cant tell your not in favor of it? Seems like you just wana argue.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    is it time for the pineapple pizza to be inserted to this topic?

This is an important topic. Important that readers are not mislead into thinking that a single member's opinion reflects the opinion of all (or even most) Indiana Gun Owners.

Maybe you might elaborate on how a Tennessee firearm private sale is regulated by the state?

Top Bottom