• ModernGunner

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2010
    NWI
    I understand the guy, I am never comfortable around unloaded guns. :):

Then you must not attend gun shows! :D

Been through the exact same issue with the UPS hub near my home. Refused to take the gun, even AFTER both myself AND the FFL company I was sending it to called the UPS HQ more than 6 times. PRIOR to me actually taking the gun to the hub.

The FFL holder finally figured out a work-around, and the gun was shipped.

After a nasty letter to UPS, I do NOT ship guns through UPS, regardless of how disassembled they are. I also try not to ship anything else through them any more, either.

UPS Corporate will tell you it's all well and good, but apparently many of these hubs are manned by paranoid schizophrenics. :xmad:

zippy23

Master
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    May 20, 2012
    Noblesville
    He has been taught that having that gun will result in the murder of everyone near him and himself just by having it, so since he is a liberal idiot, he feels scared because a gun is sitting close to him. People like this are the reason we are in so much doo doo. Whats worse is that there is no changing someone like this, they will continue to be idiots their entire lives. so sad

Flinttim

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 2, 2011
    A couple years back I built a muzzleloader for a friend. He lives in Northern Indiana and I , in the South. He broke something on it and shipped it to me via USPS for repair. I repaired it and took it to my PO for shipping back. The clerk informed me they could not ship guns unless an FFL was receiving it on the other end. I informed her that it was by ATF rules an "Antique " or "Replica" of an antique and by their (USPS) rules, that yes I could ship it. Another clerk came over and agreed with 1st clerk that no, it could not ship. I asked for the Postmaster. "He does not like being bothered by such things " was their reply. Anyway, I leave, go home, go to USPS website, download the rules, high lite the rule on Antique guns go back to PO lay the rules on the counter and say "Postmaster, now !". He finally leaves his hole and comes out. I show him the rule. "That's not what it means " says he. I told him that his office delivered the package to me in the first place and show him since it's still in the box I got it in. Someone just made a mistake he told me and should have never been sent to me. At this point I am absolutely sideways, but leave and go home.Again I go to USPS website and send an email to Customer Service in DC, I swear , not ten minutes later I get a phone call from my Postmaster telling he was mistaken and yes I could ship it. When I go in there now the clerks just go along with whatever I tell them. LOL.

BogWalker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    Someone that afraid of an inanimate object clearly has a mental disorder. There's no other way to put it. Being afraid of a disassembled gun in a box is about the same level as being afraid of forks.

Mak

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 18, 2011
    Seymour
    The thing is that UPS is such a big company that the chances of having idiots working for them and not following policies is quite high. Having worked for them, they will fix the problem if you talk to corporate. And no they won't fire this guy, even if he does something like this again they will move him to another position that won't affect customers as much.

Rock99and9

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 26, 2013
    East Central Indiana
    The thing is that UPS is such a big company that the chances of having idiots working for them and not following policies is quite high. Having worked for them, they will fix the problem if you talk to corporate. And no they won't fire this guy, even if he does something like this again they will move him to another position that won't affect customers as much.

Just what I figured, they'll promote him.

glocktoys

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    84   0   0
    May 12, 2008
    mishawaka, up north
    if you have accounts with ups and fedex i would inform them all my business mail will be now shipped to fedex due to this and will inform other businesses i deal with of what happened and have them ship fedex or usps. cut into the pocketbooks and they will pay attention.

atalon

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 6, 2012
    Indy
    I often stand in front of the opened safe and read my guns news articles about bad guns and what they've done to innocent people over the years, always without any response from the inventory. I read your UPS episode to them just know and they're all laughing their butts off at the wussification level of Mr. shipping clerk.. :lmfao:
    LOL "Quit bein' a wussah!" --Christopher Titus' Dad

MikeDVB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    Morgan County
    I often stand in front of the opened safe and read my guns news articles about bad guns and what they've done to innocent people over the years, always without any response from the inventory. I read your UPS episode to them just know and they're all laughing their butts off at the wussification level of Mr. shipping clerk.. :lmfao:
    Don't you hate when your weapons laugh their butts off, you have to go and put them back on before you can shoot them.

Top Bottom