• ...and so much more!
  • BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    I mostly listen to pandora or podcasts, and for older vehicles (all of mine!), you can get a little bluetooth transmitter. It plugs into a cigarette lighter and your phone connects to it, then it broadcasts, short range, an FM station. You can even find sites where you punch in your zip code and it recommends stations that will have the least amount of bleed through. I have a frequency that works all through Indy with no troubles.

What kind of transmitter are you using?

Ones I have tried never have much volume.

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    Maybe they will bump Katz and bring Mmoja Ajabu in from WITT 91.9?

Their website (https://urban1.com) says "We are one of a kind" and I am sure they are.

Ought to be a hoot.

What a piece of ****.

Maybe that piece of **** will have that piece of **** andre carson on spewing his mindless ****.

It would be a regular **** show.

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    I'm a touch typist. Meaning, I'm not even looking at my keyboard while I type this. If I have to "type" with my thumbs, I'm screwed. I have normal sized thumbs (maybe even smaller than average). The letters on my phone "keyboard" are about 1mm squares. How the hell do you deal with that?

You can bluetooth a keyboard to your phone.

Last edited:

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.
    A. This is the most boomer thread ever.

B. If you’re at all interested in music, you need to listen to this. Ok, I mean watch this, it’s a YouTube video. But if you’re double-male-jacked from your iPod into your car it will still make the sounds, which is the main thing, trust me.
    Hilarious, and eye opening. ETA language warning

Sent from my iPhone

Last edited:

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I can't help but notice that in all the posted "alternatives" to broadcast radio and avoiding the dreaded commercials that no one is mentioning their included source for local news and Indiana/Indianapolis based talk radio?

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.
    Concerning local news or any news, here’s what I do most days…
    Jump in the truck, heading to work first thing, punch the button to turn the radio on, it’ll be on wibc most likely, and if there’s a commercial playing punch the button right back off. If there’s a commercial playing they have nothing worth knowing, or at least worth sitting through commercials for.

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    Even more old school is 'aux in' where you have a male-male cable that plugs into your head phone jack on the phone then into the aux in on the stereo.
    Even more old school than that, is a "cassette" with a cord and a male plug on the end. Originally meant for things like the sony diskman. I think they still make them.
    Yep they do.
    44b91266-9daf-4143-8ea6-b06e9b617c35_2.2428e1fef6c1ec4d2b1e51e105d33af3.jpeg

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    Was using one of those recently until I got a new stereo installed…. LOL
    My son was using one about 10ish years ago in his first car until he installed a new stereo.

My first car didn't even have a cassette, it was an AM with an add on FM that transmitted to an AM channel. Yeah that didn't last too long.

Top Bottom