• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    Their Italian Beef is just a cheeseburger? I thought it was roast beef?

This doesn't look like a cheeseburger...

iu

We heard rave reviews about this sandwich so went in to try it one day for lunch. What we didn't know is that if you just order the Italian Beef sandwich all you get is roast beef on a bun. "Oh no sir, if you want the giardiniera you have to ask for it, it's extra". What. The. Hell???:xmad:

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    We heard rave reviews about this sandwich so went in to try it one day for lunch. What we didn't know is that if you just order the Italian Beef sandwich all you get is roast beef on a bun. "Oh no sir, if you want the giardiniera you have to ask for it, it's extra". What. The. Hell???:xmad:

I'd be okay with that if I could get cheese on it. Maybe some peppers and onions. But then I guess it wouldn't really be an Italian beef would it? :):

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    It is the spiced beef and the juice added to the bread. The giardenaria is a separate thing for the italian beef sandwich. You wacky southern indiana people.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Well this thread has taken an interesting turn.

IMPD officer arrested

After a local officer was arrested, Channel 99 asks the tough questions. Who makes the best cheeseburger in his primary jurisdiction? What really makes an Italian Beef an Italian Beef, and how it not inferior to a Philly Cheesesteak in every way? The FOP is declining official comment, but did say "Man, I miss tie-dye grill..."

Fargo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    In a state of acute Pork-i-docis
    IMPD officer arrested

After a local officer was arrested, Channel 99 asks the tough questions. Who makes the best cheeseburger in his primary jurisdiction? What really makes an Italian Beef an Italian Beef, and how it not inferior to a Philly Cheesesteak in every way? The FOP is declining official comment, but did say "Man, I miss tie-dye grill..."

Don’t forget the great string fry versus steak fry controversy. My favorite Italian beef in the Indy area is at the Twisted Sicilian in Franklin, they do solid work.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    I still haven't tried Portillo's. Is there Italian Beef marinated in something? I've had Italian beef before and didn't care for the flavor, but I think it had some kind of marinade that gave it a weird taste (to me at least).
    That was probably pepperoncini peppers. Some places put that is the "gravy". I agree with you. I don't like it either.

I'd be okay with that if I could get cheese on it. Maybe some peppers and onions. But then I guess it wouldn't really be an Italian beef would it? :):
    Melted mozzarella is pretty normal for Italian beef sandwiches.

It is the spiced beef and the juice added to the bread. The giardenaria is a separate thing for the italian beef sandwich. You wacky southern indiana people.
    IKR

Me too. The Italian Beef was the first thing I tried, and I've never ordered anything else. Best ever.
    You need to try more. I'd rate them as above average, but far from the best I've had. As with most things, you will seldom find the best in any kind of chain.

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    Thanks for the skinny on Jagger's burgers. I think we ate there once right after they opened. Don't remember what I/we ate.

I also have a coupon for some chicken from Jagger's.

Now I want fried chicken. A whole one.

Top Bottom