• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Doug

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Sep 5, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Portillos is noisy and chaotic. The noise is so distracting I can't really taste the food.
    Went once, no desire to go back.
    Guess I'm getting old.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    Portillos is noisy and chaotic. The noise is so distracting I can't really taste the food.
    Went once, no desire to go back.
    Guess I'm getting old.
    Agreed on that. Hard booths and horrible acoustics. I actually hate the whole 'standing in line with a herd of 50 people' thing too. I only do takeout there any more.

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    IMPD officer arrested

After a local officer was arrested, Channel 99 asks the tough questions. Who makes the best cheeseburger in his primary jurisdiction? What really makes an Italian Beef an Italian Beef, and how it not inferior to a Philly Cheesesteak in every way? The FOP is declining official comment, but did say "Man, I miss tie-dye grill..."

Do they have a menu for lawyers and a different menu for everybody else? Askin' for the conspiracy theorists.

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    Ah okay. I don't mind Penn Station. Still, the noisy and chaotic part doesn't really appeal to me (from Doug's post earlier).

We went into BW's in Franklin one afternoon last year and the tv volume was VERY loud as was the jukebox, even more so than usual. Being two of the four customers in there at the time we asked if they could turn down the volume some; they responded with "well we ARE a sports bar". We got up and left.

red_zr24x4

UA#190
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Walkerton
    Never had a portillo's Italian beef, but king gyro has a pretty good one.
    Best one I've had was on the south side of Chicago at a place called Pisan's (sp)

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Never had a portillo's Italian beef, but king gyro has a pretty good one.
    Best one I've had was on the south side of Chicago at a place called Pisan's (sp)

I do have a King Gyros close to me, but all I ever get there is gyros. I haven't been there in a long time. That actually sounds good. Love me some gyros! :)

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    I thought it was a sit-down restaurant? I'm beginning to think I'll just skip it too.
    It's sit down if you could call it that. More like a cafeteria with hard wooden booths. One big room with about three different food lines going plus the pickup line, which is really just a mob in front of the pickup counter waiting for their number to be called.

Last edited:

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Now I want fried chicken. A whole one.

[video=youtube;PVLZy5UwKUs]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PVLZy5UwKUs&feature=emb_logo[/video]

Agreed on that. Hard booths and horrible acoustics. I actually hate the whole 'standing in line with a herd of 50 people' thing too. I only do takeout there any more.

Its like a Penn Station.

Except Penn Station will bring your food to your table, at least the ones I have gone to. The Portillos by us you have to wait in the crowd standing to get your good. And as others have stated really loud. Not conducive for a good convo IMO, and somewhat over priced for what it is.

I do have a King Gyros close to me, but all I ever get there is gyros. I haven't been there in a long time. That actually sounds good. Love me some gyros! :)

Funny, I've only ever had the double cheeseburger at King Gyro's. I think they call it the Big Baby. Love it. Never had the gyros as I don't like greek food.

Top Bottom