I'm betting this is the first time this has ever been said....

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    I'm quite sure many a copy in New Orleans got powdered sugar all over his or her gun after eating beignets. I can't say I've had anything other than "normal" reasons to clean my guns, though.

AGH! Beat me to it! :D

Never, ever wear a black shirt to Cafe Du Monde. So delicious....

guncakes

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 12, 2013
    Wow, so many terrible, terrible jokes, I don't know where to start!! :)

My bakery is Indy Cakes, on the south side of Indy. While we don't have any bacon cupcakes (yet), we can/do make cakes shaped like guns. My employees actually tried to get me to make my own birthday cake by making a fake order!!!

sharkey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 13, 2009
    Hognuts' Liberal ****hole
    That's how we roll. :cool:

toilet-paper.jpg

92ThoStro

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 1, 2012
    The cop and fingerprint story takes the cake :D

No weird stories here....

You know, you Glock fanbois always say this, but I spent two days recently taking some handgun training, and the only gun that continually had FTF/FTE problems was a Glock.

You might want to search "limp wristing" I had the same thing, everyone said Glocks were rock solid, but I bought a Gen 4 G21 and it kept having failures right out of the box. Everyone gladly helped me, and told me that it is a common problem with people who are new to Glocks.

Since then, the gun has worked flawlessly.

92ThoStro

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 1, 2012
    I was in the front yard one day, and the wife started screaming "come here!". So I started towards her upholstering the S&W 386 on the way. I arrived in the side yard to find her holding two dogs back from a mole hill. Imagine my unhappiness with her reaction to two dogs trying to dig a mole out of the hill. She got the dogs back and there was the butt end of the mole trying to make a brake for it. Now the funny part. Never, and I mean never point blank the butt end of a mole in hole the dogs dug. Blood,guts and mud covered me and the gun. Not only did I have to clean the gun, but I had to clean myself and my clothes. It was really funny. But it would have been funnier if it would have happened to someone else. The end result was no mole left to recover, and a bigger hole in the ground. It is amazing what a .357 hollow point will do to a mole.

See, this is the reason I used bird shot. we have moles and ground hogs. They dig everywhere including the horse pasture, which is NOT good. I saw this big fat ground hog, and snuck up on it, and shot it from above and about 4 feet behind it, right in the top of the head with bird shot from a 12 gauge. It DID NOT kill it, which made me feel really bad. I thought if I shot it with a slug from that close it would explode the head everywhere or something. ( I don't hunt , i'm a noob ) I ended up taking a slug and shooting it from the same distance and it put a clean hole in the head and it died instantly.

Further proof that bird shot is for birds. If you can't kill a ground hog at close range with a headshot, then you have almost no chance at stopping an attacker in your home.

I am almost done skinning it. I hear they are edible. Not very easy to skin, like I thought it would be.

I practice a lot more with the shotgun, which doesn't even have sights. I hit nearly every clay disc spot on, I like old break actions. I was not comfortable shooting the hog with a handgun. I knew I would hit the hog where I wanted it, and didn't know how well a handgun would work on a ground hog.

church

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 10, 2013
    Margaritaville
    Custom cakes.. I like it! Reminds me of my custom 1911! I might just look you up here soon! My birthday is coming in july! I havent had a cake for my birthday in a few years. If i have to buy my own, so be it!

dak109

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 26, 2009
    Brown County
    See, this is the reason I used bird shot. we have moles and ground hogs. They dig everywhere including the horse pasture, which is NOT good. I saw this big fat ground hog, and snuck up on it, and shot it from above and about 4 feet behind it, right in the top of the head with bird shot from a 12 gauge. It DID NOT kill it, which made me feel really bad. I thought if I shot it with a slug from that close it would explode the head everywhere or something. ( I don't hunt , i'm a noob ) I ended up taking a slug and shooting it from the same distance and it put a clean hole in the head and it died instantly.

Further proof that bird shot is for birds. If you can't kill a ground hog at close range with a headshot, then you have almost no chance at stopping an attacker in your home.

I am almost done skinning it. I hear they are edible. Not very easy to skin, like I thought it would be.

I practice a lot more with the shotgun, which doesn't even have sights. I hit nearly every clay disc spot on, I like old break actions. I was not comfortable shooting the hog with a handgun. I knew I would hit the hog where I wanted it, and didn't know how well a handgun would work on a ground hog.

The .357 was the gun I had with me. I didn't want to take the time to go get a better gun for the job. Moles can escape pretty quick when they are already headed down their hole. Ideally I would have used the .22.

I hear groundhog is greasy. I do have a wild game recipe book if want some recipes.

sharkey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 13, 2009
    Hognuts' Liberal ****hole
    The .357 was the gun I had with me. I didn't want to take the time to go get a better gun for the job. Moles can escape pretty quick when they are already headed down their hole. Ideally I would have used the .22.

I hear groundhog is greasy. I do have a wild game recipe book if want some recipes.

Groundhog is chewy, gristly and mostly tasteless.

95wrangler

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 10, 2011
    New Pal
    Ever seen a woodchuck shot with a 12ga slug? Ill tell ya its a good thing we were 50yds away! It went everywhere! Including 15 ft up into a tree!

red_zr24x4

UA#190
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Walkerton

Groundhog is chewy, gristly and mostly tasteless.

I'll have to take this on faith .. :) No way it'll ever end up on my plate ..

Years ago I went to a cookout and they had Groundhog cooked up like sloppy joes in the crock pot. There was a layer of grease floating on the top but other than that I don't remember it being that greasy,and I ate the whole sandwhich so it couldn't have been that bad. I was 14 and a picky eater.

BlueEagle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 3, 2011
    Southern Indiana
    Years ago I went to a cookout and they had Groundhog cooked up like sloppy joes in the crock pot. There was a layer of grease floating on the top but other than that I don't remember it being that greasy,and I ate the whole sandwhich so it couldn't have been that bad. I was 14 and a picky eater.

So besides for all the grease, it wasn't that greasy, eh?

Poured a quart of sweet tea down into my G17 one day. Didn't get a chance to get home and clean it all day. By the end of the day, it had a lot of extra "grip" to it...I don't think I could've dropped it if I had tried!

AJBB87

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 6, 2009
    Here
    Wow, so many terrible, terrible jokes, I don't know where to start!! :)

My bakery is Indy Cakes, on the south side of Indy. While we don't have any bacon cupcakes (yet), we can/do make cakes shaped like guns. My employees actually tried to get me to make my own birthday cake by making a fake order!!!

Awesome!

Ingo meet and greet anyone?

Top Bottom