I'm betting this is the first time this has ever been said....

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • guncakes

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 12, 2013
    I got powdered sugar in my gun.

Ok, as my name suggests, I make cakes. I own a small shop and had to go back this evening after my hubby got home from work. I usually carry IWB, shirt untucked, but since I was at the shop alone, in the evening, without any business neighbors open, I decided to tuck my shirt behind my 9mm, and managed to get powdered sugar all over it.

Now, time to clean it.

What's your most unusual reason for having to clean your gun?

bigcraig

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indy
    Nope.

Ask any cop, they get all kinds of doughnut residue on their guns!

My trusty G17 got smooshed with a smore at a cookout once, it is a Glock, I wiped it off and called it good.

CitiusFortius

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 13, 2012
    NWI
    What's your most unusual reason for having to clean your gun?

I'll tell you, in exchange for a cupcake!!!

Cleaning birdpoop off my shotgun was fun. We were camping in a remote location and spent the morning shooting clays. Left the guns on the table for a few hours, came back and there was a huge white bird turd on the stock.

Fun times...

No2rdame

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2012
    Noblesville
    I'm quite sure many a copy in New Orleans got powdered sugar all over his or her gun after eating beignets. I can't say I've had anything other than "normal" reasons to clean my guns, though.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    At IMPD I saw a M66 with mustard and ketchup in it (motorcycle cop). Locked up solid.

Lots of strange stuff. Ask any copper, cigarette butts in barrels, ATM receipts, lots of strange stuff out there.

sharkey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 13, 2009
    Hognuts' Liberal ****hole
    Blood from my hand after the slide bit me (little gun, big hand). That's a mistake you only make once... Hopefully.

Well, once per model. I've given blood to the the Beretta Panther (Model 418, .25 ACP), Desert Eagle .50AE and the Ruger Standard Model. (More of a testament to Gramps' theory of "a .22 is self-cleaning". 30 years of build-up ending in a OOB detonation, flying brass tattoo on the back of my hand, sort of thing.)

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    A few years back I was performing work at a customers house. He was a cop, she a school teacher.
    Mid-morning I received a call from my friendly neighborhood gun shop. My new Judge was in. Lunch time rolled around so I dropped by the LGS and picked up my latest acquisition.
    We returned to the job-site where I found both husband and wife in the kitchen.

I walked in the door with an open gun case in my hands and said, "Hey T**, take a look at my new toy."
    He obliged. He picked up my new Judge and turned it every which way but loose. He turned it over 2 or 3 times, opened the cylinder, cocked the hammer, tried the trigger, the whole 9 yards.

When he went to hand it back to me, I held out the open case. Once again, he obliged, and simply laid the pistol back into the case.

I turned, closed the case, and said to his wife, "See L****, that's what you want to do when you get a new gun. Get a cop's fingerprints ALL over it!" :D

That poor man's face went completely white for about 30 seconds. His wife burst out in laughter so hard I thought she was going to hurt herself.
    My brother (partner) was laughing so hard he had tears in his eyes.

I just stood there :rockwoot:

I cleaned it the same day, even though it was still unfired, but HE didn't know that.

dak109

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 26, 2009
    Brown County
    I was in the front yard one day, and the wife started screaming "come here!". So I started towards her upholstering the S&W 386 on the way. I arrived in the side yard to find her holding two dogs back from a mole hill. Imagine my unhappiness with her reaction to two dogs trying to dig a mole out of the hill. She got the dogs back and there was the butt end of the mole trying to make a brake for it. Now the funny part. Never, and I mean never point blank the butt end of a mole in hole the dogs dug. Blood,guts and mud covered me and the gun. Not only did I have to clean the gun, but I had to clean myself and my clothes. It was really funny. But it would have been funnier if it would have happened to someone else. The end result was no mole left to recover, and a bigger hole in the ground. It is amazing what a .357 hollow point will do to a mole.

Top Bottom