• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 04FXSTS

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 31, 2010
    Eugene
    That can play havoc with current owners who live in illinois who need repairs or replacement parts, I would think?

When I moved out of that sesspool three years ago I only moved 14 miles but that was enough. I am still a member of the Westville Illinois Post 51 American Legion where I have been a member of the Honor Guard. I have been reading on an Illinois 2A forum about out of state companies no longer accepting orders for replacement parts for firearms.
    We use M-1"s and they do need repair every now and then and I am wondering if this law will hinder us from getting repair parts. The way I read the bill the M-1 is not banned but some companies will probably halt all sales to Illinois. Jim.

bgcatty

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Sep 9, 2011
    Carmel
    Illinois is a lost cause because of the sheeples and wokes and libtards who are so blinded by the Democrats and their anti 2A excrement. End of rant!

carry205

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 6, 2017
    Florissant
    Illinois is a lost cause because of the sheeples and wokes and libtards who are so blinded by the Democrats and their anti 2A excrement. End of rant!
    Citizens of Illinois and other repressed states are just beginning to rant. Sheriffs of 95 counties out of 102 have publically committed to non enforcement of this repulsive act. Three counties are going to enforce it: Lake, Cook, and Champaign, while four counties have not committed one way or the other. And that fata** governor says he will fire the police who don’t enforce, even though Sheriffs are an elected position. This is just the beginning. My only piece of advice is to not get complacent with your state’s position, no matter where you call home, because it can change rapidly. We must be very proactive and watchful concerning our representatives, and their proposed legislation.
    Illinois is telling Prickster, Harmon, Willis and the rest that people have had enough. I think of the line from Glinda the good witch in The Wizard of Oz: “Oh rubbish! You have no power here! Be gone before somebody drops a house on you!”

semperfi211

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    Near Lowell
    Will LGS's and big box stores card customers who try to buy large (10 or more) capacity magazines, and refuse to sell to Illinois residents?
    My Illinois friend could be buying mags to use at my house in Indiana when he comes over and keep the mags at my place. That could explain why a Illinois resident is buying a 20 round mag in Indiana.

defaultdotxbe

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 21, 2020
    Griffith
    When I moved out of that sesspool three years ago I only moved 14 miles but that was enough. I am still a member of the Westville Illinois Post 51 American Legion where I have been a member of the Honor Guard. I have been reading on an Illinois 2A forum about out of state companies no longer accepting orders for replacement parts for firearms.
    We use M-1"s and they do need repair every now and then and I am wondering if this law will hinder us from getting repair parts. The way I read the bill the M-1 is not banned but some companies will probably halt all sales to Illinois. Jim.
    Heh, coincidentally I also moved out 3 years ago, and also moved only 14 miles, crossing the same border as you, just further north. Best decision I ever made, after marrying my wife. She almost didn't let us move, but I did the math in how much we would pay in property taxes over 10 years in IL vs IN and she never looked back.

renauldo

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jul 7, 2013
    2 close 2 Illinois
    From Peoria Ill. 25NEWS TV

EFFINGHAM COUNTY, Ill. (25 News Now) - The first lawsuit challenging the state of Illinois’ new assault weapons ban has been filed.

Former Attorney General Candidate Tom DeVore filed a lawsuit on behalf of Accuracy Firearms in Effingham County Court Tuesday morning.

In a statement, DeVore calls the assault weapons ban “an outright attack on the constitutional rights of lawful gun owners.”

An Effingham County judge will hold a hearing on an emergency motion for a temporary restraining order on Wednesday Morning.

Copyright 2023 WEEK. All rights reserved.

Top Bottom