• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • renauldo

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jul 7, 2013
    2 close 2 Illinois
    I was born in Chicago in '47 and lived there for 17 years. My neighborhood was %100 middle class and everyone's Dad served in the military in WWII. As a result pretty much every Dad had a bring back gun or guns. Morrie Mages, a sporting goods and surplus store in the center of downtown Chicago, sold every manner of WWII small arms. A friend of mine bought a .303 Enfield jungle carbine and took it on the bus with no case across the city to his house, again in Chicago. In '68 I was still living in Illinois and now I was 21 and I bought guns at a GS within spitting distance of the main police station at 11th and State. In 1968 as a result of several high-profile assassinations in the U.S. we got the GCA of '68. The Illinois legislature in their infinite wisdom and spirit of liberal one upmanship saddled us with the Firearms Owner Identification known as FOID card. What happens now in this tale of woe is the continuing denial of rights for Illinoisians. Right now it's gun rights with freedom of speech a close runner up. You can't say anything without offending some minority.

Cavman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 2, 2009
    Wonder if the politicians will put their money where their mouth is and tell springfield and rock river to get out of their state.. id likento see at least rock river say screw this where leaving

Cavman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 2, 2009
    Talked to a buddy I served with whos a cop in Illinois now. I asked him what his plan was. He said ignore it.

breakingcontact

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 75%
    3   1   0
    Mar 7, 2018
    Southern Indiana
    We can't laugh too hard at our foolish neighbors to the west.

Remember, they blame Indiana for their "gun violence" due to guns coming over the border, once they enact more controls, they will double down on this message.

BJHay

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 17, 2019
    Crawfordsville
    In 2011 Mitch Daniels said being next to Illinois was like "living next to the Simpsons". Twelve years later and still true.

This is about politicians showing they are doing something to fight crime. They know this law won't be effective and whether they win or loose in court isn't relevant to the reason they passed it.

I predict that in a few months, after the press coverage does down, we'll start to see the same politicians stir up more coverage by referring to this law as 'a good start' and talking about the next steps.

Haven

Network Warlord
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 6, 2016
    Camby Area
    Wonder if the politicians will put their money where their mouth is and tell springfield and rock river to get out of their state.. id likento see at least rock river say screw this where leaving
    According to the Colion Noir video, which played the news reports from Illinois, manufacture of "assault weapons" is prohibited. So unless they did a carve out for Springfield Armory and Rock River, they can no longer manufacture AR-15s in Illinois.

Cavman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 2, 2009
    According to the Colion Noir video, which played the news reports from Illinois, manufacture of "assault weapons" is prohibited. So unless they did a carve out for Springfield Armory and Rock River, they can no longer manufacture AR-15s in Illinois.
    Gonna bet they made a deal

xwing

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 11, 2012
    Greene County

There is a carve-out for manufacturers on page 101. The terrible bill is here if anyone wants to read it.

Max Volume

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 26, 2008
    da region Highland
    As I recall the state of New York enacted similar legislation some time back with the registration of "assault" weapons. I have never kept track of what happened there. Was the law challenged in court and if so what were the results. Seems it would be a precedent if it went through the Supreme Court.

TheTrooper

"In valor there is hope" - Tacitus
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 21, 2021
    Realityville, IN

BluePig

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 10, 2012
    Middlebury
    If I remember correctly, it was either Rock River or Springfield moved a vast amount of their production over the river to Iowa. Rock River has a blurb on their website states they are shutdown waiting for legal advice.
    I think ArmaLite moved out too.
    Pretty sure Les Baer moved out of there.

Top Bottom