Ideas for carrying with bball shorts/jogger pants.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    If I carried for a long time I used to use one of those garrison grip rubber stoppers but eventually quit that - I don’t carry this way typically because I’m not often wearing sweats, shorts, etc. When I do it’s usually for a quick errand or so and this way I get to carry when I previously done what OP said & left it in the car/house
    I wouldn't carry without properly fitting holster that covers the trigger guard. If you have to go that minimal, then I'd look at something like this https://rcsgear.com/vanguard-2-standard-kit

f9b133a374db8aa95ace2c24fb31dac3a5aa91429f548efda821fc082d9f28ba_1.jpg

Butch627

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 3, 2012
    NWI
    It all depends on how active you are. With a drawstring I can get away with a vanguard trigger guard with belt hook with a p365 if I am not doing anything athletic. I have a bellyband with canted kydex which seemed like it would be perfect but is very seldom useful and has many shortcomings. When athletic I have a very sleek Fox brand fanny pack that is far and away the best solution I have found. It can be rotated for comfort and reasonably fast to access with some practice. I wish a holster manufacturer would buy one of those as a prototype and perfect it for our use.

Blaster89

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 5, 2024
    Northwest Indiana
    It all depends on how active you are. With a drawstring I can get away with a vanguard trigger guard with belt hook with a p365 if I am not doing anything athletic. I have a bellyband with canted kydex which seemed like it would be perfect but is very seldom useful and has many shortcomings. When athletic I have a very sleek Fox brand fanny pack that is far and away the best solution I have found. It can be rotated for comfort and reasonably fast to access with some practice. I wish a holster manufacturer would buy one of those as a prototype and perfect it for our use.
    Not very active, just like being comfortable in the summer time lol. Thanks for the input!

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    When athletic I have a very sleek Fox brand fanny pack that is far and away the best solution I have found. It can be rotated for comfort and reasonably fast to access with some practice. I wish a holster manufacturer would buy one of those as a prototype and perfect it for our use.
    Galco used to make holster fanny packs among others. With rip cord to help open, and holster with plastic panel backer. I still have a couple from decades back.

Here's Galco's current version

Here's Desantis' current version

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    Not very active, just like being comfortable in the summer time lol. Thanks for the input!
    Linen pants, and shirts are the coolest you can get. Make sure they are at least 70% real flax linen. Some say it's linen but it's mostly cotton.
    Linen is the coolest clothing you can wear in the summer.

Butch627

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 3, 2012
    NWI

This is the one I have with 365 inside with triggerguard. From pics it looks far slimmer and more compact than offered by the holster companies. I just wish someone would make one this size that would have kydex retention and a velcro opening for a 365 sized pistol. It would easily be possible.

TAB30-06

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 25, 2023
    Otterbein
    Any of you carry on your person at the gym? I carry a full-size VP9 so I just stick the holster in my backpack while I’m there and keep the bag with me, but Im really starting to think I want a compact nine. Which is dumb because I used to have a beretta Nano which would be great for that purpose.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    This may be a ridiculous question, it may not.

During the summertime, I usually wear a lot of basketball shorts/jogger pants.
    Used to just leave piece locked in my vehicle when going into places.

Curious as to what are some options out there other than pocket carry that would be comfortable, yet concealed?

Looking forward to your ideas and experiences in a similar matter.

Thanks in advance INGO!
    Wear a Glock G43X in Kenai CR Gunfighter. Zip up hoodie.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Any of you carry on your person at the gym? I carry a full-size VP9 so I just stick the holster in my backpack while I’m there and keep the bag with me, but Im really starting to think I want a compact nine. Which is dumb because I used to have a beretta Nano which would be great for that purpose.

Don't go to a public gym any longer, but when I did or when I jog:

Elite Survival Systems Marathon GunPack (Green)​

clicky

Doesn't look like a gun bag, has small water bottles which do come in handy but are, well, small. Large size bag fits a G43X with no problem. Due to shape, an LCR fits but the thickness makes it harder to put your cell phone in the front pocket. LCR is a faster draw due to shape meaning you don't have to open the zipper as much. I "stage" the zippers in the upper right hand corner (from the wearer's perspective) and it's not stupid slow but it's at least dimwitted slow.

Not as fast to access as the rip-away velcro ones but never comes open, either.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    I haven't personally used this, but have heard good things. Theoretically you could even carry naked if you want.

Just not in public please.

Enigma-OS-Standard.jpg

I have a custom made version from an individual who gifted me one. He doesn't do them as a business, but it's a very similar concept to above. It's for a P229 and it works very well, though I seldom have call to use it. I like it for backpacking as it sits lower than my waistbelt for my pack.

Amishman44

Master
    Rating - 98%
    49   1   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Woodburn
    This, or a belly band or a fanny pack.
    In the summer time, when I wear shirts untucked, I have 2 small fanny packs that fit close to the body that hold a .38, my wallet, and my cell...that the shirt covers and no one knows the different...quick, efficient, and hidden! Now that I have a Glock 43 back in the stable, that'll probably be part of the summer carry rotation!
    I'm back cycling and have a chest cargo carry that has a velcro gun pouch in it...

Top Bottom