• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    The only reason you are catching any **** is because you came into a thread titled "I miss Spasmo" and complained about the way she behaved as a mod. I do not know her at all but she did keep the classifieds much cleaner than the mods we have today.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    The only reason you are catching any **** is because you came into a thread titled "I miss Spasmo" and complained about the way she behaved as a mod. I do not know her at all but she did keep the classifieds much cleaner than the mods we have today.

Yes she did. With the influx of newbies I see some really Pi$$-poor postings in the classifieds.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Yes she did. With the influx of newbies I see some really Pi$$-poor postings in the classifieds.

It's impossible to win. If you enforce the rules, you get accused of dragging people out of their homes in the middle of the night, sending them to a concentration camp in cruelly-overcrowded cattle cars, starving them half to death, and then gassing them the rest of the way there. If you don't enforce the rules, you get people complaining that the quality of the site has gone down. So, no matter what you do, people are going to complain.

Frankly, regardless of the thread, I have zero patience for people who whine about receiving an infraction and especially when they end it with "and so I took my ball and went home". Everyone on the site is (presumably) an adult and can read and understand the rules. If you break them, it's on you. You are the only one who controls your fingers on the keyboard. If you can't deal with a staff member asking to you re-read the rules and to please follow them more closely, then this isn't the place for you.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    It's impossible to win. If you enforce the rules, you get accused of dragging people out of their homes in the middle of the night, sending them to a concentration camp in cruelly-overcrowded cattle cars, starving them half to death, and then gassing them the rest of the way there. If you don't enforce the rules, you get people complaining that the quality of the site has gone down. So, no matter what you do people are going to complain.

Frankly, regardless of the thread, I have zero patience for people who whine about receiving an infraction. Everyone on the site is (presumably) an adult and can read and understand the rules. If you break them, it's on you. You are the only one who controls your fingers on the keyboard. If you can't deal with a staff member asking to you re-read the rules and to please follow them more closely, then this isn't the place for you.

You are right. No way to win.

I have received a few infractions and for good reason. I......wait for it.....broke the rules.
    I do not report anything to the mods. I will not be one of those who tattle on others. Karma has a way of putting things right in the long run.
    I would not ever consider being a mod. Tough job. Wait, jobs pay.......:dunno:

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    You are right. No way to win.

I have received a few infractions and for good reason. I......wait for it.....broke the rules.

99% of the time, members will say "Oh, I didn't realize. I'm sorry." or "I got carried away." and everyone is friends again and life moves on. But there's always those who pretend that some great injustice has been done in the universe and that they are being unfairly persecuted. Name-calling happens, threats are levied, and bans occur. Of those, roughly two thirds will then start trolling through the archives looking for every single similar example they can find and then submit report after report demanding that the culprit receive the exact same punishment he received (because, I don't know, "fairness" I guess? We all know that life is always fair, right?). It's actually pretty surprising how predictable people (as a whole) can be.

An infraction is exactly what it is and no more. It's a reminder that you should review the rules. The only difference between an infraction and a warning is an automatic point system that will lock you out of the classifieds when you persist in ignoring the rules. It's not a personal attack on your character. It's not a persecution. It's nothing but a reminder. That's all.

cyprant

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Dec 13, 2011
    North Georgia
    We miss y'all... The people that make this place great miss the people who kept the riff raff outta here... Please don't let this place turn into Ar15.com... Who cares if people get mad if they break the rules... We need some guidance... Sorry for the errors, typed on phone while caring for sick kids....

It's impossible to win. If you enforce the rules, you get accused of dragging people out of their homes in the middle of the night, sending them to a concentration camp in cruelly-overcrowded cattle cars, starving them half to death, and then gassing them the rest of the way there. If you don't enforce the rules, you get people complaining that the quality of the site has gone down. So, no matter what you do, people are going to complain.

Frankly, regardless of the thread, I have zero patience for people who whine about receiving an infraction and especially when they end it with "and so I took my ball and went home". Everyone on the site is (presumably) an adult and can read and understand the rules. If you break them, it's on you. You are the only one who controls your fingers on the keyboard. If you can't deal with a staff member asking to you re-read the rules and to please follow them more closely, then this isn't the place for you.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    99% of the time, members will say "Oh, I didn't realize. I'm sorry." or "I got carried away." and everyone is friends again and life moves on. But there's always those who pretend that some great injustice has been done in the universe and that they are being unfairly persecuted. Name-calling happens, threats are levied, and bans occur. Of those, roughly two thirds will then start trolling through the archives looking for every single similar example they can find and then submit report after report demanding that the culprit receive the exact same punishment he received (because, I don't know, "fairness" I guess? We all know that life is always fair, right?). It's actually pretty surprising how predictable people (as a whole) can be.

An infraction is exactly what it is and no more. It's a reminder that you should review the rules. The only difference between an infraction and a warning is an automatic point system that will lock you out of the classifieds when you persist in ignoring the rules. It's not a personal attack on your character. It's not a persecution. It's nothing but a reminder. That's all.

I have managed service company's with a large staff. It is no different. People get butt hurt/pout/have tantrums and in the end get themselves fired. Key word....Themselves. Take credit for all that you do. If you do something good, be humble about it and move on. If you screw up, stand up, take your licks like an adult and again, move on. Learn from both situations.

I can not tolerate a baby in a grown ups body. The interwebs make so many far braver and sensitive than real life allows.

LockStocksAndBarrel

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    I understand that it may feel like a no win but the rulez is da rulez and have to be enforced. If a member gets butt hurt and leaves, so be it. The mods have a thankless job, unpaid at that, and do an excellent job here.

If you get an infraction, you deserve it. Man up and move on. If you want to whine, call your momma.

Last edited:

Sgtusmc

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 10, 2013
    indiana
    Hehe, I have 2 infractions since I've been here. Inappropriate language and classifieds rule violation, both from Spasmo.

Top Bottom