I have been reinforcing my decision to never again fly in an airplane.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    So, are you saying the FDA needs more regulation, more manpower, and more strict laws to combat this?

Are we admitting that some governmental agencies not laid out in the constitution have at least some usefulness?
    Without any grading, inspection, labeling requirements, etc. it really would be a free-for-all meat market.
    I said nothing, I posted a link to an article. Did you read it?

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    So, are you saying the FDA needs more regulation, more manpower, and more strict laws to combat this?

Are we admitting that some governmental agencies not laid out in the constitution have at least some usefulness?
    Without any grading, inspection, labeling requirements, etc. it really would be a free-for-all meat market.
    That is a ridiculous leap. From zero to WTF in 3.0 sentences.

STAGE 2

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 26, 2019
    Fishers
    Have you ever considered simply "identifying" as being at that destination?
    I hear it's all the rage these days. I guess it's sort of like the transporter in Star Trek (the original, of course).

Screw the transporter. I always take the shuttle. #boneswasright

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    Nope. From what several cattle farmers around here tell me this is patently untrue. In fact most are grass fed to a point then are switched to grain a couple months before harvesting to "flush" the grassy flavors out of the animal.
    That's why grass-fed and grass-finished aren't the same thing.

And grain-finishing is simply to fatten the cattle before slaughter. Any other reason given (e.g. "flushing the grassy flavors") is likely just a line of... bull. Fat tastes good. Grain-finishing fattens the cattle, primarily with subcutaneous fat (the stuff that gets mostly trimmed from the cuts before cooking). So, to some extent, more fat = more flavor. By the same token, though: grass-fed/finished beef tastes like beef. Grain-fed beef takes on the qualities of the hormone-infused, low-quality feed grain. The fat is higher in hormones and omega-6 fatty acid, etc.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    Just the opposite.

Grass fed may be healthier(Omega 3 stuff) and leaner but grain fed/finished is more tender and tastes better, and to me that makes it superior - and I've been eating beef a long time.

FYI - cows burp and fart less when they eat seaweed compared to either grass or grain.
    I suppose this is a matter of opinion. I prefer grass-fed/finished to grain-fed. I disagree that grain-fed (especially, grass-fed, grain-finished) is more tender. Insofar as fat = flavor, you're going to be correct. But taste, IMHO, has to do with much more than just the fat.

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    I suppose this is a matter of opinion. I prefer grass-fed/finished to grain-fed. I disagree that grain-fed (especially, grass-fed, grain-finished) is more tender. Insofar as fat = flavor, you're going to be correct. But taste, IMHO, has to do with much more than just the fat.
    It sure does and grain fed wins the taste comparison big time for most people.
    Of course there are always going to be those that are different. Along with fat bottomed girls, they make the world go around.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    Negative Ghost Rider, grass fed from start to butcher will be missing most of its marbleing.
    Not much taste in super lean.
    Marbling is more a function of cattle breed than anything else. Grain-fed cattle (largely due to being immoble/penned into feed lots) do show more marbling, but the marbling has little to do with flavor/tenderness.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    After the TSA nonsense I stopped flying.

If folks want to enjoy a humiliation ritual, they can have all of it they want. I'm not going to play along with someone else's kinks just to get somewhere, I'll drive.

As far as I'm concerned, there's no valid reason why I can carry a gun at walmart, but magically it's too dangerous to sit in my holster for a few hours inside a vehicle. It's all someone's humiliation kink on display.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Just the opposite.

Grass fed may be healthier(Omega 3 stuff) and leaner but grain fed/finished is more tender and tastes better, and to me that makes it superior - and I've been eating beef a long time.

FYI - cows burp and fart less when they eat seaweed compared to either grass or grain.
    Yes. I am not at all interested in lean steaks or roasts. I don't consume grains, but I am perfectly happy to have the cattle I consume do so.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon

If folks want to enjoy a humiliation ritual, they can have all of it they want. I'm not going to play along with someone else's kinks just to get somewhere, I'll drive.

As far as I'm concerned, there's no valid reason why I can carry a gun at walmart, but magically it's too dangerous to sit in my holster for a few hours inside a vehicle. It's all someone's humiliation kink on display.
    I've got to be in Vienna next week. I'm not sure my Honda would make it there.

bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.

hey, the more of you people stay home the easier it is for the rest of us cattle to fly and see the world.

Top Bottom