I have been reinforcing my decision to never again fly in an airplane.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    I can agree the grass makes the butter taste better but not the meat. US beef is prized because we have grain fed and or finished beef that creates the marbling needed for prime and beyond grades, grass just does not do that. (Know nothing about how they feed or raise cattle in Ireland.)
    Dude. Grass-fed/finished is far, far superior to grain-fed, and it isn't even close.

indyblue

Guns & Pool Shooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 13, 2013
    Indy Northside `O=o-
    Dude. Grass-fed/finished is far, far superior to grain-fed, and it isn't even close.
    Nope. From what several cattle farmers around here tell me this is patently untrue. In fact most are grass fed to a point then are switched to grain a couple months before harvesting to "flush" the grassy flavors out of the animal.

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    Just the opposite.

Grass fed may be healthier(Omega 3 stuff) and leaner but grain fed/finished is more tender and tastes better, and to me that makes it superior - and I've been eating beef a long time.

FYI - cows burp and fart less when they eat seaweed compared to either grass or grain.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Just the opposite.

Grass fed may be healthier(Omega 3 stuff) and leaner but grain fed/finished is more tender and tastes better, and to me that makes it superior - and I've been eating beef a long time.

FYI - cows burp and fart less when they eat seaweed compared to either grass or grain.

Right. And the omega 3 stuff is a distraction as it is such a minor amount in either type compared to fish.

Shadow01

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2011
    WCIn
    Traveling commercial air is one of the most dreaded things I do voluntarily. How people are treated is inhumane and abusive, and I am positive on that. LOL
    I’ve flown private 3 times on a small twin engine, loved the trips. I’ve flown commercial twice long before the stupidity of strip searching octogenarians and making people take their shoes off. I can only imagine flying commercial one more time as I want to go to the Arizona memorial before I stop breathing, but it will be a struggle to not **** off the TSA. I’ve traveled by auto as far south as Florida and West to New Mexico and East to West Virginia. I found things about each of those road trips that was enjoyable to take the time to drive. I don’t care to be treated like cattle.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    I’ve flown private 3 times on a small twin engine, loved the trips. I’ve flown commercial twice long before the stupidity of strip searching octogenarians and making people take their shoes off. I can only imagine flying commercial one more time as I want to go to the Arizona memorial before I stop breathing, but it will be a struggle to not **** off the TSA. I’ve traveled by auto as far south as Florida and West to New Mexico and East to West Virginia. I found things about each of those road trips that was enjoyable to take the time to drive. I don’t care to be treated like cattle.
    I love flying as a passenger in a small private plane with those I trust. I fly commercial to do the big things that I want to see , but will never be like some of my friends that fly every week for work, including one that flies to a warm destination a few weekends a month, as it does not matter to the company where he files out of on Monday or to on Friday. LOL. I pray you get to that memorial.

Top Bottom