• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Damienabbadon

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 7, 2021
    Terre haute
    I’ve went to the police with my issue there’s wanna-be thugs “beefing” with me at least that’s what they said. I’m a cna I don’t do drugs or anything like that I dated this girl and I guess she was mixed up with them. I didn’t know about any of that to begin with but then she dumped me and seemingly disappeared and now these guys are expecting something from me. I’m not looking to carry just looking for quick easy and self defense. Any suggestions?

Last edited by a moderator:
    Rating - 96.3%
    26   1   0
    Oct 22, 2011
    Lebanon
    I’ve went to the police with my issue there’s wanna-be thugs “beefing” with me at least that’s what they said. I’m a cna I don’t do drugs or anything like that I dated this girl and I guess she was mixed up with them. I didn’t know about any of that to begin with but then she dumped me and seemingly disappeared and now these guys are expecting something from me. I’m not looking to carry just looking for quick easy and self defense. Any suggestions?
    Make friends with bigger guys.

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.6%
    28   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    I’ve gone to the police with my issue. There are wanna-be thugs “beefing” with me at least that’s what they said.

I’m a cna I don’t do drugs or anything like that. I dated a girl and I guess she was mixed up with them. I didn’t know about any of that to begin with but then she dumped me and seemingly disappeared. Now these guys are expecting something from me. I’m not looking to carry just looking for quick easy and self defense. Any suggestions?
    FTFY I have gone.. or I went.. you don't "have went" anywhere.

Start with pepper spray and avoidance. Head on a swivel and be aware of your situation at all times.

I recommend saving up for a more lethal method and applying for your LTCH and getting some training.

"Wanna be" thugs often have real guns. You should be at least as well armed.

1nderbeard

Master
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Apr 3, 2017
    Hendricks County
    May be a crazy suggestion. You may try to contact the thugs and figure out what the beef is. Obviously use some form of remote contact. But if you want peace I'd first try reaching out and try to squash whatever the beef is.

If that doesn't work, you should strongly consider taking an intro to firearms class and start carrying.

If you don't want to do that and really want peace, move away and start working somewhere else. As a CNA you can get a job pretty much anywhere.

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    First question is why do you not want to carry? You feel unsafe, and are reaching out for viable options, but if you feel so unsafe you feel the need to join a firearm forum it may be time to consider carrying. Take a beginners self defense class, rent some firearms to try, and don’t get mixed up with people who have shady friends.

If/When you do decide to start carrying, my opinion, don’t let anyone know what you have or how much you have. Whether it’s 1 firearm or 1000, whether it’s a box of ammo or an entire closet full, don’t tell girlfriends, friends, coworkers, online friends, nobody. It will save you a lot of headache.

Wolfhound

Hired Goon
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Apr 11, 2011
    Henry County
    Need more info. What did the police tell you? What specifically are they doing to you? Threats? Following you? Shoving? Making you lick dog poop like on Step Brothers?

This isn’t elementary school. Change your schedule or routine to avoid them. Move if you have to. As suggested make some friends. Get a big dog. Etc etc

Backpacker

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Apr 5, 2008
    Greenwood
    Learn about situational awareness. Pay attention to your surroundings. Avoiding confrontation when you can, but be prepared to defend yourself.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Pick better partners is a start.
    been where you are. These freaky chicks go out in search of and tell there buddy’s about soft targets which apparently you are one.
    they push the edges And if you fold they beat you ass and take your :poop:
    Not opting to actually defend yourself will keep you a soft target in there eyes.
    It’s a life style.

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    Carry, because the "wanna be thugs" are going to be carrying and nothing quick or easy is going to measure up to that.

You live near Top Guns. They have a range on-site, regular group classes, and daily slots for one-on-one instructor time. Get yourself equipped and educated, then do your best to avoid the people in question and hope they get bored and move on.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Definitely learn some verbal judo. Lots of most excellent info here.

Another tip for pepper spray if you dont want to go lethal. But also buy a trainer of the same model and learn how it sprays. (trainers work the same, but are filled with water instead.

And remember that pepper spray takes a minute to kick in. Spray, then move. Dont be where they last saw you. Ive seen Vitamin P dispensed and the defender just stood there and ended up taking shots because the attacker just blindly attacked where he knew the victim was when he was sprayed.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom