• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jcwit

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 12, 2009
    Dead Center on the End
    And also because your earlier claims that retailers care about people carrying rifles in their stores have been proven false by all the restaurants that OCT has visited while armed, except for one of the many Sonics they went to. All the others care about the negative press from MDA, not the firearms themselves.

Well you are entitled to your opinion even if it's wrong and misguided. I suppose the harm done by these misguided people with their irresponsible behavior will little to no effect to me at my age, but the younger folks will.

The reason the retailor cares about this is the uproar it causes in their establishment, I realize that's beyond your ability to understand but it is what it is. As I've said, you and those with your mindset just don't get it, and refuse to look at the grand scheme of the problem.

Just a thought, what would be the reaction if all police officers carried long guns at all times?

When was the last time you actually saw a sane person walking around a shopping mall or retail store carrying a AK or M16 rifle.

But I guess you'll do as you wish, "After all it's legal, right?" with little thought of the future consequences. Just as the guy in the bar "Knowing his limit" going out and driving drunk. Or as the Gay's parading around with little on other than a "G" string wishing the rest of us to "understand" their behavior.

SteveM4A1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 3, 2013
    Rockport
    As I've said, you and those with your mindset just don't get it, and refuse to look at the grand scheme of the problem.

We get it, we just don't like the idea of giving in to the whims of others' (strangers') emotions. I don't go through life thinking, "Will others be okay with me doing this?" There is always someone who will not like it. "Could someone find this offensive and not like it?" Someone will always find anything I do offensive. I shouldn't have to live my life catering to their feelings because you and others say I am doing more harm than good.

jcwit

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 12, 2009
    Dead Center on the End
    We get it, we just don't like the idea of giving in to the whims of others' (strangers') emotions. I don't go through life thinking, "Will others be okay with me doing this?" There is always someone who will not like it. "Could someone find this offensive and not like it?" Someone will always find anything I do offensive. I shouldn't have to live my life catering to their feelings because you and others say I am doing more harm than good.

Stupis is as stupid does, and how stupid is perceived by the rest of the populace. Sorry, but that's how it works.

Doing stupid & irresponsible behavior perceives one as being the same, and may have actions that effect the masses.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    I thought it would go way over your head, and it did. Some get it, some don't.

As I've said, you and those with your mindset just don't get it, and refuse to look at the grand scheme of the problem.

The condescending "you just don't get" when someone won't agree with you is mildly amusing because it's so predictable. The hubris that inspires it is less so.

These guys comprehend exactly what you are writing. They simply do not agree with you and have stated so clearly and generally without animus. I do not suggest that "agree to disagree" is appropriate in this context, but I will say that some might wish to consider that disagreement with their opinion is not equivalent to ignorance.

jcwit

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 12, 2009
    Dead Center on the End
    The condescending "you just don't get" when someone won't agree with you is mildly amusing because it's so predictable. The hubris that inspires it is less so.

These guys comprehend exactly what you are writing. They simply do not agree with you and have stated so clearly and generally without animus. I do not suggest that "agree to disagree" is appropriate in this context, but I will say that some might wish to consider that disagreement with their opinion is not equivalent to ignorance.

Neh, It's all arrogance on my part! Of course it just might have something to do with my concern with the future, which it's doubtful I'll be a part of.

jcwit

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 12, 2009
    Dead Center on the End
    Thoughts from someone else on another forum.

Gun owners are not the voting majority. The more gun owners draw unfavorable attention to themselves the greater the risk that the majority with become less tolerant. We are seeing that with the backlash to the various open carry events.

Case in point. In many states it is fully legal to take a M4 Carbine into a movie theater. Legal and Constitutional yes but it is still a very bad idea. Doing so WILL NOT make the non-gun owners become more comfortable with AR's in movie theaters but it certainly will fuel a movement to eliminate ALL carry in public places.

Not everyone is responsible enough to carry or own firearms. Responsible firearm ownership is a great thing. Irresponsible firearm ownership is a bad thing. IMHO it is highly irresponsible to force antigun and gun neutral non-gun people to think like us.

One more example. I can legally take my AR15 to the public swimming pool but how many really believe a guy in a speedo at a public pool with a AR15 slung over his shoulder is a good image for the non-gun owning voter?

jcwit

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 12, 2009
    Dead Center on the End

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    What has this foolishness brought about?

Well it sure didn't help our cause.

What, may I ask, is this "our cause" people keep tossing out there as they oppose others exercising their rights?

It doesn't sound like my cause at all.

jcwit

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 12, 2009
    Dead Center on the End
    The cause is for owners of firearms to be accepted by those on the line, granted it will not happen to the hard core left but it may to those in the middle. Exercising ones "rights" in an irresponsible way help non of us in our "cause".

Is that really that hard to comprehend??

You might remember how folks looks at the Harley riders in the 50's & 60's.

If its that hard for you to understand there's little anyone can do to help you.

ATM

Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    The cause is for owners of firearms to be accepted by those on the line, granted it will not happen to the hard core left but it may to those in the middle. Exercising ones "rights" in an irresponsible way help non of us in our "cause".

Is that really that hard to comprehend??

You might remember how folks looks at the Harley riders in the 50's & 60's.

If its that hard for you to understand there's little anyone can do to help you.

Oh, I get it, your cause is merely political correctness and chasing after public opinion.

As I suspected, you've been using "our" wrong. Your cause doesn't seem to overlap with my cause at all.

jcwit

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 12, 2009
    Dead Center on the End
    You are implying I'm trying to be "political correct" without even knowing me. That is a stretch beyond common sense. Unbelievable.

Target Store: Moms 10,000 sign Petition (in 24 hours) to Ban Guns

http://www.wlwt.com/money/Mom-s-grou...6331192#!U6Wrn

"Gun control group Mom's Demand Action for Gun Sense in America launched an online petition calling for Target to prohibit people from openly carrying guns in its stores."

So....why did Moms get this petition going?

"The recent petitions were triggered by rallies from gun enthusiasts that show them openly carrying firearms, including large assault rifles, into public places like restaurants and stores, which has alarmed customers."

Nice going OCT, now what store is next to ban guns? We really showed them...didn't we?

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    You are implying I'm trying to be "political correct" without even knowing me. That is a stretch beyond common sense. Unbelievable.

It's actually a reasonable (and probably correct) conclusion based on your contributions in this topic.

jcwit

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 12, 2009
    Dead Center on the End
    You are doing nothing more than assuming, and you know what that leads to. You are being nothing more than foolish.

You can not see what the open carry crowd has already accomplished? Did not help us at all, if that's being politically correct, so be it.

Like I said earlier, carry a running chain saw into Micky D's, after all its legal, and you do have "the right".

ATM

Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville

Please read again, noting the bolded part, what I actually wrote. Not you - your cause.

Oh, I get it, your cause is merely political correctness and chasing after public opinion.

As I suspected, you've been using "our" wrong. Your cause doesn't seem to overlap with my cause at all.

^ You can stop posting all the appeals to popularity as well, nobody is accusing your opinion of being uncommon or unpopular, just out of sync with the defense of Liberty.

iChokePeople

Master
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   1
    Feb 11, 2011
    Stupis is as stupid does, and how stupid is perceived by the rest of the populace. Sorry, but that's how it works.

Doing stupid & irresponsible behavior perceives one as being the same, and may have actions that effect the masses.

this post makes kittens die.

cce1302

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    Back down south
    Well you are entitled to your opinion even if it's wrong and misguided. I suppose the harm done by these misguided people with their irresponsible behavior will little to no effect to me at my age, but the younger folks will.
    I suppose that you are entitled to your "opinion" that the facts that I post are opinion as well.
    The reason the retailor cares about this is the uproar it causes in their establishment, I realize that's beyond your ability to understand but it is what it is.
    I'm pretty sure that we agree on this, save for your spelling of "retailer." The retailers don't care about the rifles. They care that you and MDA are throwing a temper tantrum because they don't care about gun control.

Just a thought, what would be the reaction if all police officers carried long guns at all times?

When was the last time you actually saw a sane person walking around a shopping mall or retail store carrying a AK or M16 rifle.

But I guess you'll do as you wish, "After all it's legal, right?" with little thought of the future consequences. Just as the guy in the bar "Knowing his limit" going out and driving drunk. Or as the Gay's parading around with little on other than a "G" string wishing the rest of us to "understand" their behavior.

What would happen if I ignored all the red herrings in your "argument"?

jcwit

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 12, 2009
    Dead Center on the End
    And another view.

Here in Montana anybody can carry concealed anywhere in the state except in town. There, you need a permit, but it's rare for anybody to have trouble getting that.
    Additionally, we can open carry anywhere and everywhere. I haven't wondered about schools, bars, and churches, but I wouldn't be surprised if that's legal, too.

The thing is ... we can open carry pretty much at will, and nobody runs around 'flaunting their rifles' like a bunch of extroverted 'gun-ley men' at a 'Gun Pride Parade'.

jcwit

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 12, 2009
    Dead Center on the End
    How bout a mature viewpoint.
    Respect is a 2 way street and these OCT guys are showing NONE. No respect to gun owners. No respect to the 2nd amendment and especially no respect to guns. They do not deserve my respect

It is absurd to think one should support irresponsible behavior just because guns are involved. It is like a beer lover condoning drinking and driving.

Open carry involves being responsible. It is not that hard of a concept for mature people to grasp

Top Bottom