• ...and so much more!
  • cce1302

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    Back down south
    Sounds like Rob Pincus

It's actually from a member here who is/was an FFL dealer.

Thanks for the rep. I've never personally OC'd a rifle to a protest, but I'll defend the heck out of these guys who have the guts to do it in public against a bunch of guys who attack liberty in private.

SteveM4A1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 3, 2013
    Rockport
    Classic post from 2008:

Oh the similarities!

It is unfortunate that events such as these can split the community. Don't think for one second that MDA doesn't realize it can be divisive, and they will use that against us. I wish we would all stand behind one another for freedom and stop criticizing others because they don't exercise their rights how we see fit.

jcwit

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 12, 2009
    Dead Center on the End
    No, but I've bought a grill at Lowes, and they walked me to the front door. Same as when I bought a dishwasher.

Bought a Mosin at Dunhams. I think that's the only long gun that I've bought from any brick & mortar store out of all the long guns I own. They didn't seem to care what I did once I paid for it.

When I buy cars, they walk me all the way out to the parking lot. Pretty crazy, huh?

Never paid any attention whether the car dealer went to the parking lot or not, whether buying my first Studebaker or my Corvette. As far as appliances, I have them delivered, no need to walk me anywhere.

From my collection of over 200 arms, YES WalMart will walk you to the door. I know from experience.

Regarding carrying a long gun into a retail establishment just to make a point, why not try it with a running chain saw, after all it's intirelly legal isn't it?

jcwit

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 12, 2009
    Dead Center on the End
    What part of "shall not be infringed" are some of you against? Maybe we should make it illegal to own rifles, because a right not exercised is a right that is lost.

I completely understand the "shall not be infringed" is all about, I also understand what making a fool of one's self in public is all about. I've seen many doing it in my years.

cce1302

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    Back down south
    Never paid any attention whether the car dealer went to the parking lot or not, whether buying my first Studebaker or my Corvette. As far as appliances, I have them delivered, no need to walk me anywhere.
    Congratulations, you have a corvette
    From my collection of over 200 arms, YES WalMart will walk you to the door. I know from experience.
    Congratulations, you have more arms than an octopus.
    Regarding carrying a long gun into a retail establishment just to make a point, why not try it with a running chain saw, after all it's intirelly legal isn't it?

I don't have a point to make with a long gun in a retail establishment, and I don't have a chainsaw, but if you have a point to make with either, I'll support your right to do so.

Heck, if you have a point to make in this thread, I'll support your right to do so, whenever you come up with one.

jcwit

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 12, 2009
    Dead Center on the End
    [QUOTEHeck, if you have a point to make in this thread, I'll support your right to do so, whenever you come up with one. ][/QUOTE]

I thought it would go way over your head, and it did. Some get it, some don't.

snowwalker

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 13, 2009
    In the sticks
    "some get it, some don't" is entirely true, maybe it's a clash in personality (that has happened to all of us) or some people's driveway does not quite reach the road. Be safe one and all.

jcwit

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 12, 2009
    Dead Center on the End
    Quote from another forum, seems to make sense.

Oh boy!!! They have a pro gun policy.... Let me grab my buddies and take our ar's in there, parade around like the gays in the pride marches.
    Yeah, that will win converts!

Here's a tip for you, the pride marches didn't win any converts. The courts may have protected their right to an alternate lifestyle, but most of us are more disgusted with things.

They is referring to Target.

BTW This quote is from a well known gun site.

Last edited:

cce1302

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    Back down south
    [QUOTEHeck, if you have a point to make in this thread, I'll support your right to do so, whenever you come up with one. ]

I thought it would go way over your head, and it did. Some get it, some don't.[/QUOTE]

6 months ago a handful of guys carried rifles inside a Target...nobody noticed...now MDA throws a temper tantrum and you join in, desperately wanting Target to care...

jcwit

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 12, 2009
    Dead Center on the End
    6 months ago a handful of guys carried rifles inside a Target...nobody noticed...now MDA throws a temper tantrum and you join in, desperately wanting Target to care...

What makes you think I want Target to care?

I just think that carrying long guns around in retail shopping areas is ignorant, and arrogant. And those doing so are only making fools of themselves and doing the firearm community no good.

Just as a drunk driver does the beer industry no good.

Just for the record I could care less if Target cares or not, it's of little concern to me about Target.

cce1302

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    Back down south
    What makes you think I want Target to care?
    Because of this:
    I just think that carrying long guns around in retail shopping areas is ignorant, and arrogant. And those doing so are only making fools of themselves and doing the firearm community no good.

Just as a drunk driver does the beer industry no good.

Just for the record I could care less if Target cares or not, it's of little concern to me about Target.

And also because your earlier claims that retailers care about people carrying rifles in their stores have been proven false by all the restaurants that OCT has visited while armed, except for one of the many Sonics they went to. All the others care about the negative press from MDA, not the firearms themselves.

Top Bottom