• ...and so much more!
  • Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Oh really, 5 years ago people were arguing that OC of handguns creates a worse perception than OC of rifles? Sorry, but no, I don't remember that.
    No, but they were arguing that open carrying was bad, terrified the general public and would cause negative repercussions for concealed carriers.

cce1302

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    Back down south
    Oh really, 5 years ago people were arguing that OC of handguns creates a worse perception than OC of rifles? Sorry, but no, I don't remember that.

Read my post again. Did I say that? (That's a rhetorical question, but for you, I will answer it: no.)

Then read the anti-OC arguments. I linked to some of them to help you remember. You will find that they are like your argument against carrying rifles.

Last edited:

cce1302

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    Back down south
    If retailers don't give squat about carrying long guns in their store, why do they walk you to the door when you buy one?

I've never had that experience buying a long gun, but I have had that experience buying a grill, a car, a TV, and a few other large items (not all at the same time).

jgreiner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 13, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    No, but they were arguing that open carrying was bad, terrified the general public and would cause negative repercussions for concealed carriers.

Really? Because when I see someone open carrying, it always leads to a pleasant discussion, and the exchange of ideas on quality firearms. At least with me. But then, I don't suffer from hoplophobia. :)

jcwit

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 12, 2009
    Dead Center on the End
    I've never had that experience buying a long gun, but I have had that experience buying a grill, a car, a TV, and a few other large items (not all at the same time).

Never bought a gun at Wal Mart, or Miejers, or Big R then. have you? Big R has even walked an ammo purchase to the front.

jcwit

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 12, 2009
    Dead Center on the End
    Really? Because when I see someone open carrying, it always leads to a pleasant discussion, and the exchange of ideas on quality firearms. At least with me. But then, I don't suffer from hoplophobia. :)

And how many "pleasant discussions" have you had in a restaurant with someone carrying a long gun?

TaunTaun

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2011

cce1302

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    Back down south
    Never bought a gun at Wal Mart, or Miejers, or Big R then. have you? Big R has even walked an ammo purchase to the front.

No, but I've bought a grill at Lowes, and they walked me to the front door. Same as when I bought a dishwasher.

Bought a Mosin at Dunhams. I think that's the only long gun that I've bought from any brick & mortar store out of all the long guns I own. They didn't seem to care what I did once I paid for it.

When I buy cars, they walk me all the way out to the parking lot. Pretty crazy, huh?

snowwalker

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 13, 2009
    In the sticks
    I guess cce1302 is saying that those who are carrying long guns at retail sores is not creating a negative impact on the rest of us?? Extremists exists in all groups, no different here.

stephen87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    May 26, 2010
    The Seven Seas
    What part of "shall not be infringed" are some of you against? Maybe we should make it illegal to own rifles, because a right not exercised is a right that is lost.

snowwalker

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 13, 2009
    In the sticks
    Stephen88, I get it, but do you understand "private property"? THAT is what this discussion is about and how it effects US. The OCT is about OC in Texas, I get that, but carrying long guns into a retail establishment has a negative impact on all of us across the nation and that is asinine.

cce1302

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    Back down south
    I guess cce1302 is saying that those who are carrying long guns at retail sores is not creating a negative impact on the rest of us?? Extremists exists in all groups, no different here.

Please quote the post where I said that.

Thank you.

cce1302, post #39.

All you have to do is click the "reply with quote" button. Allow me to demonstrate.

And I'm obviously not saying what you "guess" I'm saying.

No it doesn't. Not even a little bit. No they aren't. The retailers don't give a rat's back half. You'd know that if you weren't taking in all of your information from the NRA and Shannon Watts. I know she's family, but she's lying. it's perfectly clear what you're doing.

You remember the arguments against open carrying a handgun 3, 4, 5 years ago? I do.

They're a lot like your argument against open carrying a rifle.

https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...nse/92441-ocd-covered-bridge-restauraunt.html
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/carry-issues-self-defense/78592-open-carry-favor-please.html (okay that one's an actual anti-rifle-oc from 2010) (and rifle-oc events are still going on in Michigan. Probably even more often than in Texas)
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/carry-issues-self-defense/71996-open-carry-argument.html
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/carry-issues-self-defense/11237-why-i-open-carry.html
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/carry-issues-self-defense/37307-common-oc-cc-threadjack.html

If you want to continue this discussion, you need to try a little harder than that.

cce1302

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    Back down south
    Classic post from 2008:
    Just because the law says you can doesn’t mean you have to do something to prove a point. Restraint is the better part of valor. This is especially true when it comes to carrying a handgun in public. There are far more people in this country that do not like guns than do so why create a spectacle by walking around Cabela's or a restaurant or a movie theater with your gun exposed because you have the law on your side? Because you can doesn’t mean you should; you have to use common sense once in awhile .

That type of behavior is childish and reflects poorly on the vast majority of responsible gun owners. It is proper to wear a gun on your hip while hunting but not at the grocery store or bank or most other public places. You do not live in Dodge City back in 1870. It is this "in your face" display of a lack of consideration of others that make the non gun owners uncomfortable being around gun people and that is why we have to continue to fight for gun owners rights. There are a lot more of them than us; we are just better organized and represented through the NRA lobbyists. That could change.

snowwalker

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 13, 2009
    In the sticks
    cce1302, I can't do the 'reply with post' and I don't see the relevance to what you are poorly trying to communicate. As to the Watts reference, stick it d_d_.

Top Bottom