How come I can't buy a minature giraffe?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    We've got all these egghead scientists, engineers, biologists, etc. How come nobody has figured out how to bonzai a giraffe so you can have one as a house pet? Tell me that wouldn't make someone a trillionaire overnight.

They screwed us on jetpacks. I at least want a damned minature giraffe.
    It really should not be that hard, just DNA/gene splice with miniature horses and keep getting them smaller. kinda like they did with dogs breeding over thousands of years they do quickly with technology. Just need someone to fund it…

Indyhd

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 12, 2010
    Noblesville
    It really should not be that hard, just DNA/gene splice with miniature horses and keep getting them smaller. kinda like they did with dogs breeding over thousands of years they do quickly with technology. Just need someone to fund it…
    Oh Mr. Biden, Mr. Biden...I've got another great way for you to spend some more of our tax money.

Old Dog

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 4, 2016
    Central Indiana
    Buy a baby llama or alpaca, smallish for a while, long neck, available for not much dough, eats grass and grain, knows when to drink. Can saddle and ride one when they get larger. Will carry large loads without complaining.

Nazgul

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 2, 2012
    Near the big river.
    If only it was good for the environment. I mean like, smaller giraffe farts, smaller carbon footprint or less eco damage. They would bust the annual budget to make them......

Don

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    With miniature giraffes (MG's) comes government regulation. I can see it now, ATF&E will become ATF&E&MG (miniature giraffes). You'll have to pass an "instant" background check to purchase. If your MG dealer doesn't get an immediate response, you'll have to wait 3 business days to go pick up your MG. Some MG stores will require that they walk with you through the store to the parking lot and place the MG in your vehicle so customers won't be alarmed. Some states won't allow you to take your MG out of your house without a permit and will only issue permits upon proof of need. Some states will have height and weight restrictions and different definitions of "miniature", as well as, "giraffe". There will be activists who will demonstrate to get the MG's off the streets. Some municipalities will have MG buy back programs.

Top Bottom