• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    I love holiday world.
    I have not been in a few years, but it was a pretty good example of what America was before the country went to ****.

It's a great place. We had season passes for 10 years or so, and that's while living in Indianapolis. We finally burnt ourselves out on it the year before COVID, and then COVID, so we took a few years off. My son and I went back this year, my wife was still burnt out and didn't want to take the time off work this time. We had a great time, but this is probably the last year since he's about to go adulting.

We made a ton of memories there. I still contact the guy who was "Santa" when my son was little, as we were there so much we got to know a lot of the staff. I don't like crowds and am not a huge fan of people in general, but Holiday World is an exception. Just an incredible place. I reluctanly agreed to go to Disney if my son wanted to when he was little, but he said it was for girls so I never had to pay the Mouse Tax.

Brad69

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 16, 2016
    Perry county
    Guys it's southern Indiana out in the country. Not likely to get into a shoot out.

More likely to get bit by a copper head than shot.

If something happens I can be there in about 20 minutes. Just PM me and I will meet you in a corn field.

Nazgul

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 2, 2012
    Near the big river.
    Holiday World rocks!! I am not a theme park person, and dislike crowds in general, but have good memories of the place. Wife takes a busload of High School kids there every year and I drive the bus. The kids go off and have a ball, wife and I spend the day in a pool or on the lazy river. Never had a minute where I felt unsafe for the kids or myself.

On the other hand, we took a group to Disney World a week ago for a conference. I do not care for the place at all. While I did feel it was safe, everything there is designed to separate you from your money. Want a soda or drink of water? $5 for water $8 for a soda. Any single item for lunch/dinner was $18. The airport in Orlando was nightmare. Over an hour to get through security. The road between Disbey and the airport was under construction the entire route. Normally 17 minute drive took an hour +. There was obvious marketing for LBTGRSTUVXYZ rights in evidence that was out of line for a place catering to children.

Don

cg21

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    May 5, 2012
    I'm assuming nothing. I am responding to your words, quoted here:

You can't be tired of something unless you're doing it, right? So you are missing out on things with your family, right? And doing so because you can't carry at the event your family is going, right? No assumptions involved, just a literal reading of what you wrote. If you're going with your family regardless, then we're on the same page. If you are staying home and letting your family go without you because of carry issues, I can't fathom it. If I thought it was remotely dangerous, that'd be even more reason for me to go, armed or not.
    Definitely wouldn’t let them go alone. And yes I do miss out on somethings. i guess in the way your text is coming through in my brain it as if I’m depriving family of things. (Seems you’re implying that also but I’m not new to the internet lol)
    I suppose we just find alternatives. I would like to take my kids to Chicago again being so close, and I guess it isn’t only the inability to defend myself but also the level of danger involved.

so that being said given the reviews of the clientele and atmosphere of this place we will likely go. But would I prefer to have my firearm? Yes.

cg21

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    May 5, 2012
    So if everyone passes through the detectors, how is it not serving it’s purpose? Or do they allow some to bypass the detectors while only taking a small sampling?
    i asked this because we were just at the ark in Kentucky and they had a police officer only doing ”selective” searches.

cg21

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    May 5, 2012
    If the owner is on here obviously they like firearms would be neat to hear what dictates this policy then? I assume it is a liability / legal issue. But you know what they say about assuming. Their house their rules just curiosity I guess.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    If the owner is on here obviously they like firearms would be neat to hear what dictates this policy then? I assume it is a liability / legal issue. But you know what they say about assuming. Their house their rules just curiosity I guess.
    It's been a long time but if I'm remembering correctly, they joined here because they got wind of and were not happy with the discussion about people wanting to disregard their policies and carry into the park and they wanted to chime in to voice their displeasure.

Then again i could be mistaken. It's been a long time since that thread was initiated but that's the way I remember it anyway.

Last edited:

cg21

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    May 5, 2012
    It's been a long time but if I'm remembering correctly, they joined here because they got wind of and were not happy with the discussion about people wanting to disregard their policies and they wanted to chime in to voice their displeasure.

Then again i could be mistaken. It's been a long time since that thread was initiated but that's the way I remember it anyway.
    That makes more sense then. But you never know since the nra convention is a gfz…. Something about a pot and a kettle….

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Definitely wouldn’t let them go alone. And yes I do miss out on somethings. i guess in the way your text is coming through in my brain it as if I’m depriving family of things. (Seems you’re implying that also but I’m not new to the internet lol)
    I suppose we just find alternatives. I would like to take my kids to Chicago again being so close, and I guess it isn’t only the inability to defend myself but also the level of danger involved.

so that being said given the reviews of the clientele and atmosphere of this place we will likely go. But would I prefer to have my firearm? Yes.

The only thing I took it as you depriving your family of was your company as I figured they'd go with or without you.

If I wanted to go to Chicago, I would. I'm not going to the hood at 2am to buy heroin. I'm smart enough to stick to well traveled areas in times those areas are populated, not pop off down alleys chasing Pokemon, gassing up at the stop-n-rob at midnight, or booking a stay at the local child molester long term stay motel. I assume all of these things apply to you as well. That you have decent situational awareness, reasonable decision making ability, and are not engaging in vice or sheer idiocy. So how dangerous is Chicago for someone who visits with that lifestyle? More dangerous than driving on the interstate? Operating a chainsaw? Camping under old growth? I don't *like* Chicago, but if I wanted to I'd go back because the miniscule risk is one I'm willing to assume, just as I assume the risk of a fatal car crash, a kickback cutting me, or a tree crushing me in my tent. All non-0% chance events that could kill me, so what makes those risks any different? Other than the media and certain marketing constantly puts fear of crime in our heads so it occupies an outsized slice of our concern?

Maybe it's simply the advantage of working violent crimes for so many years, but the amount of truly random crime that happens is pretty low. Even less if you avoid areas were drunks congregate at night, don't volunteer to be a victim by seeking out dope or whores, and don't wander off alone at night. Even less if you're a man. Even less if you pay attention and don't stick around when things start to look sketchy. People are more afraid than they need to be because the media makes a lot of money by making every crime seem relevant to every viewer. It isn't. I carry wherever I can because why wouldn't I, but I don't let the ability to carry be an overriding factor in decisions.

I get the political/economic argument, but here's the deal: It matters to nobody but you. The money you spend is inconsequential and you are not going to boycott a city into changing policies or even noticing unless you're bringing a mega-convention along with you. I resisted going to California for years because damn hippies, but seeing the Sequoias was worth it and more, let alone the rest of the experience. I will cherish that memory until I die much more than I'm concerned about some of my tax dollars going to California. So I get the argument, but it holds less sway over me than it used to.

hooky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 4, 2011
    Central Indiana
    My only fear was getting caught in the crossfire of a Ford/Chevy or Deere/Case fight between redneck teens.
    Don't be the guy that takes a gun to a tractor fight
    jZdiNyj.gif

cg21

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    May 5, 2012
    ??

I carried at the NRA convention in Indianapolis. The Trump speech itself was a GFZ; something about the secret service and a sitting president... :dunno: But everything else was not...
    Really? Good to know I was shown a billboard supposedly outside the convention not allowing firearms.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    ??

I carried at the NRA convention in Indianapolis. The Trump speech itself was a GFZ; something about the secret service and a sitting president... :dunno: But everything else was not...
    This is what I was leading him to.

I too carried. At both of the ones I attended. And plan to carry April of 2023.

So many ignorant folks repeat that lie because they dont understand the difference between the show floor and the stadium events. (like Trump's speeches) Tony Katz kept repeating that lie every time he talked about the event.

Top Bottom