• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rmg200

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 6, 2013
    I work out a lot 4-5 days a week and was curious about gym carry? Do any of you do it? If so, what is the best way to do it? I bring a gym bag with me when I lift so any help would be greatly appreciated.

GNRPowdeR

Master
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Oct 3, 2011
    Bartholomew Co.
    I carry to and from, but not while working out. I keep it locked in the locker room, inside my duffle bag, that's inside a padlocked locker (think 3/8" steel Master Lock) that would need some serious cutters to get off.

rmg200

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 6, 2013
    I was considering getting a fanny pack....but idk. Im only 21. I'm not sure I am ready to wear a fanny pack...:rolleyes:

Excalibur

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   2   0
    May 11, 2012
    NWI
    I've been thinking of getting a pocket gun like the Bodyguard .380, LCP or even the 238 because they are light enough to not weigh down my gym pants.

SteveM4A1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 3, 2013
    Rockport
    man I can only imagine how the soccer moms would react to seeing me OC in an ankle rig around my gym lol. I tried CC'ing in my pants pockets, that worked until I went to my deadlift station. That hurt :(

cromus

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    TYM has a video about his Gym carry situation. It's a fanny pack:

[video=youtube_share;TtFY3asUnB8]http://youtu.be/TtFY3asUnB8[/video]

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    TYM looks like the kinda guy who'd carry a fannypack at the gym. Wait, he doesn't look like the kind of guy at a gym!

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    It may be impossible to keep your pistol on your person DURING a workout. For days I lift I will many times wear a lift belt. I will keep my firearm in my gym bag next to my squat rack since I will not move from it. However, on days where I'm doing high intensity workouts, lock it up. I sweat too much and my movements would prohibit me from wearing it. There are some times where you are just not going to be able to carry it. Theft at gyms are FAR more likely than violence. Once again, I will restate that fact that just because you disarm for an hour during your workout doesn't mean you are UNARMED. The sheepdog does not revert to a sheep when not carrying.

SkullDaddy.45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    0hio
    I've always kept my pistol in my gym bag. I have my water bottle , towels and my straps in it also so where I go , the bag always follows. I don't trust gym lockers, and I only keep it in my car at work( where we have guards). On leg days I've worn one of those tactical t-shirts where the gun fits right under the armpit. Most people relize that gym bags are off limits.

Top Bottom