• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • imitosis

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 24, 2012
    Fishers
    I either leave it in the car or lock it in one of those small wallet lockers. I can't imagine using a belly band as I would sweat through it in a matter of seconds while doing cardio. Different positions on benches or machines would require constant adjustment of a fanny pack OR belly band that would get annoying after a while.

David D

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2013
    New Albany area
    The gym I go to is in a relatively safe area with a well lit parking lot. Although it does provide lockers, I am not comfortable leaving a gun in the low tech locker. I would not get the same quality workout if I had my gun on me so I choose to leave the gun in the car (that has an alarm on it) for the hour or so I'm in the gym.

This is certainly not a perfect answer, but for me it is a practical one.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    If someone is carrying one their person, at a gym, odds are they aren't getting much out of that workout. This carry "everywhere" stuff is getting ridiculous. I carry when when practical, which is 99% of the time, but I know that sometimes I will just have to do without.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    If someone is carrying one their person, at a gym, odds are they aren't getting much out of that workout. This carry "everywhere" stuff is getting ridiculous. I carry when when practical, which is 99% of the time, but I know that sometimes I will just have to do without.
    PERFECT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SteveM4A1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 3, 2013
    Rockport
    Good for you. Big difference between lifting a weight and using it in a self defense situation. Just because I can deadlift over 400 lbs doesn't mean I can use that weight to defend myself. Sure, you can use a 45 lbs plate as a shield of some sort, but swinging it at an attacker? Or what would you do with it? I'm curious, as it could save my life one day.

SteveM4A1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 3, 2013
    Rockport
    If you're not strong enough to use a 45lb plate to defend yourself, maybe you should stay off the treadmill with the women and start lifting iron.
    Ok. I would love to see someone swing a 45 lbs plate one armed in various self defense situations, but oh well. Most couldn't even lift a plate over their head with one arm to come down on a target with enough force to do any good. I just think a smaller weight would be more practical for using as a weapon against an attacker, like a 10 lbs weight. Most have the ROM and strength to swing a weight this size in various positions. I'd wager quite a bit of money that most (including you, because of your comment) couldn't be laying on their back in a self defense situation and grab a 45 lbs plate and be able to utilize it effectively. I'm curious as to how someone else would use a 45 lbs weight for self defense, other than a shield. BTW, I haven't been on a treadmill in years. I am a powerlifter through and through, but yea.

abnk

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 25, 2008
    Safety bars from the squat rack or dumbbells would work much better than plates. ;)

To answer the original question, not sure there really is a comfortable method, but a folder clipped to gym shorts is a good alternate. Not to mention all the other weapons around.

If you work out at a YMCA, you may be in violation of the law for carrying, since most of them have daycares and offer classes for kids.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Just out of curiosity where do guys that carry ALL the time carry when they go swimming? Or do they just avoid bodies of water?

Top Bottom