• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hoosier Carry

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 20, 2012
    In the Woods
    So now that Eli has been able to have some time to process all that has happened, I wonder about a few things.
    Obviously he has experienced the unthinkable stress of that moment and:
    1) was he carrying an extra mag? Did he switch out an empty mag or even remember to?
    2) if he was not carrying an extra mag, would he change that thought and keep a spare magazine on himself in the future?

Just curious how that level of stress played into his thinking at the time and what he takes away from this. I know it can’t be answered but just thinking out loud.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Ok, help me settle a work argument?

FIRST: the GOOD SAMARITAN shot 10 rounds striking the MASS MURDERER with 8 rounds At 40 yards? I have heard this on the news and a few web sights. true or false? If so hats off to the GS.

SECOND: we are having an argument on the GS’s weapon. I was told it was a Springfield hellcat and he was told it was a Glock. Have they said what weapon the GS used to defend the mall walkers?

thank you in advance. Maybe it was listed here as the hellcat but it is hard to search threads on INGO and at 60 plus pages I can’t find it.
    Confusion is because there were several guns there.
    Bad guy had one I think.
    Good guy obviously did.
    And the first victim had one.

Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Danville
    If you believe that Christ was God manifested in the flesh all you have to look at is what the prince of peace did in the Old Testament and what He will do in judgement in Revelation. His time on earth in the flesh was for the specific reason you gave for that time for what He wanted and promised would be done. If you don’t believe Jesus was God manifested in the flesh then your reading a different Bible and have a different theology than mine.
    Jesus introduced a new covenant. Read what he said.

JAL

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2017
    Indiana
    No they don't. You are presuming that they are saying what they are because they believe it. In a different situation, they would be very pleased to point out that a rule is not law.

There is no Truth in them. They claim for the moment what they believe helps their position.
    ^^^^^^^^ This

John

dusty88

Master
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 11, 2014
    United States
    I am not going to accept theological lessons from those who have no respect for the Word and try to selfishly use it for their own purposes.

Speaking of the Word, for anyone thinking that Jesus would never do violence, they should read the second half of Revelation 19, then get back to us.
    I'm not a Biblical expert. But it's somewhere in my memory that "good samaritan" has a legal meaning that would apply here. For example, when I was in vet school we were told that if we assisted humans in a medical emergency we had some legal protection under "good samaritan" concept. That level of legal protection has likely declined in recent years, but perhaps you know if the concept has some legal background ?

Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Danville
    Seek and you shall find…

Click next to the search box, choose “this thread”

View attachment 212697

Police chief said at Mondays presser Eli had a Glock. I linked that presser up above
    A cop friend told me today it was a Glock 43X. If that's actually true, then he at best had 1 round left. But he sure made them all count.

Last edited:
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Danville

Further more, he forgave only one of two crucified next to him, the one who basically accepted him as Lord and Savior. So, I’m not sure what that has to do with self defense.

And this admonition seems to suggest being fully armed is a good thing.

You are in territory I won't enter in trying to say what Jesus would endorse.

It is easy to pick verses without looking at the context or even the message of Jesus' ministry in its entirety. I still don't see anywhere where He endorsed any kind of use of violence by us on another human being.

And again, I'm not arguing that Dicken wasn't in the right. I believe he was.

But on judgement day, the last thing I'm going to do is try to justify ANYTHING I've done in this life. Rather, I am going to acknowledge my sin and ask for forgiveness, as I do every day now. Just as the murderer on the cross next to Him did. And I'll also note that He did not stop the crucifixion of that man, even though He forgave him.

Jesus purpose was way higher than ours. His ways are on a plane that we cannot understand. So it is pretty arrogant of us to act like we somehow understand whether He would endorse a killing of any kind, with the exception of one, which was that of His own murder. If He does or doesn't, it won't be for me or you to say.

bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    Had to pull out the Bible to go over the Parable of the Good Samaritan. Seems most of the people who are arguing against calling him that, only quote a certain amount. They say, see the Good Samaritan was good because they did nice things for the person, but that wasn't the point wasn't the physical acts that occurred, it was the mercy shown.

Which is more merciful, shooting a killer, or running away?
    Depends on who your showing the mercy to. I mean technically you’d be showing the shooter mercy

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    I'm not a Biblical expert. But it's somewhere in my memory that "good samaritan" has a legal meaning that would apply here. For example, when I was in vet school we were told that if we assisted humans in a medical emergency we had some legal protection under "good samaritan" concept. That level of legal protection has likely declined in recent years, but perhaps you know if the concept has some legal background ?
    There are "good samaritan" laws in various places that mean different things. Usually, they have to do with immunity for a person who renders medical aid without payment, but could apply to other things as well. I don't see any statutory "good samaritan" law at issue here.

But isn't it great that we've fallen for the language distraction? Who cares if the term "good samaritan" strictly applies? Regardless, the young man is a hero.

DragonGunner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    N. Central IN
    This one video states 30 feet, haven’t found other confirmation yet.

Greenwood PD released a correction on the time, I’d expect if they got the distance wrong they’d issue a correction

I saw that, Think guy got it wrong. Seen many more of guys shooting and saying and going with 40 yds. One guy hit the target all 10 shots with a stock Glock at 40 yds. You tube has it. I also think someone visiting the mall said looked like 40 yds as well earlier in the thread. 30’ is 10 yds…. You wouldn’t have to move in on a target at that range. So think this guy either misspoke or his range only went out to 30’ but still wanted to make the video… lol

Top Bottom