• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 2tonic

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 14, 2011
    N.W. Disillusionment
    Well, they keep telling us that being gay or trans doesn't mean you are a pedo, so what is she worried about. This only affects pedos.
    Doesn't this come under the umbrella of their position that "if you have nothing to hide, you needn't worry about government intrusion into your life"?

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Well, they keep telling us that being gay or trans doesn't mean you are a pedo, so what is she worried about. This only affects pedos.
    Doesn't this come under the umbrella of their position that "if you have nothing to hide, you needn't worry about government intrusion into your life"?
    I think every manner of perversion has come to be accepted under their "tent".

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    There's a similar study about priests that suggests that the standard explanation may not have it right. The high instances of pedo Catholic priests is usually explained by homosexuals joining the priesthood because of the celibacy rule. Of course this is an admission that homosexuals tend to be pedos at a higher rate than heterosexuals. I mean if homosexuals join the priesthood at a higher rate, why wouldn't they just **** other gay priests? Why the preference for alter boys? The study kinda flips that hypothysis. The priesthood's celibacy rule may have a causal effect. The priesthood turns them pedo. Not sure I buy that one either. I think the priests who turn out to be pedos were pedos before they joined the priesthood.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    There's a similar study about priests that suggests that the standard explanation may not have it right. The high instances of pedo Catholic priests is usually explained by homosexuals joining the priesthood because of the celibacy rule. Of course this is an admission that homosexuals tend to be pedos at a higher rate than heterosexuals. I mean if homosexuals join the priesthood at a higher rate, why wouldn't they just **** other gay priests? Why the preference for alter boys? The study kinda flips that hypothysis. The priesthood's celibacy rule may have a causal effect. The priesthood turns them pedo. Not sure I buy that one either. I think the priests who turn out to be pedos were pedos before they joined the priesthood.

Nah, its that excessive reverence paid to Mary that does it. :stickpoke:

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    The priesthood's celibacy rule may have a causal effect. The priesthood turns them pedo. Not sure I buy that one either. I think the priests who turn out to be pedos were pedos before they joined the priesthood.
    As an agnostic, you will probably not accept the premise, but the devil fights the hardest against those trying to sincerely imitate Christ the most. So I COULD see it that way. Not saying I do but I COULD.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    As an agnostic, you will probably not accept the premise, but the devil fights the hardest against those trying to sincerely imitate Christ the most. So I COULD see it that way. Not saying I do but I COULD.
    :scratch:

So the pedo priests aren't pedos before they join the priesthood? What are you saying?

I mean. Sometimes natural causes explain things better than supernatural causes. Well. Nevermind. I don't want this to become a religious discussion. Let's just see if we can agree that the instance of pedos in the priesthood over-performs compared with the general population. For whatever reason. Natural or supernatural.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    :scratch:

So the pedo priests aren't pedos before they join the priesthood? What are you saying?

I mean. Sometimes natural causes explain things better than supernatural causes. Well. Nevermind. I don't want this to become a religious discussion. Let's just see if we can agree that the instance of pedos in the priesthood over-performs compared with the general population. For whatever reason. Natural or supernatural.
    We did agree! Then when you offered speculative causal reasons, so did I. Both of us claim we don't necessarily buy the causal reasons offered. So we agreed!

There was a reason I used could not are or aren't.

Could says might be.

Are indicates is as a state of being.

I said could. When you respond with are I again simply respond could be. Are changes the discussion from what I originally said.

I don't think either of us can make a definitive causal statement.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    We did agree! Then when you offered speculative causal reasons, so did I. Both of us claim we don't necessarily buy the causal reasons offered. So we agreed!

There was a reason I used could not are or aren't.

Could says might be.

Are indicates is as a state of being.

I said could. When you respond with are I again simply respond could be. Are changes the discussion from what I originally said.

I don't think either of us can make a definitive causal statement.
    Punctuation is your friend! Trying to make sense of this. I guess you're talking about the confidence with which we speak: "are" vs "could be". Could you quote the part of what I said that you're referring to? The only thing I'm fairly certain about is that the priests who turn out to be pedos were pedos before they were priests.

Pedo's have a predilection for that sort of thing before they ever act out on it. The research seems to be pretty solid there, that it is both nature and nurture. So I doubt that priests turn pedo because of the celibacy rule. They're just pedos.

Top Bottom