1 Kings 18:17-18 KJV
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 20, 2021
    Washington County
    311155779_1774959759538828_4126889427583734701_n.jpg

Blackie

March 14, 2008 - October 5, 2022

His story began before he was born, during the time my Grandmother was ill. We had a tiny tuxedo cat show up at our back door, malnourished and injured where it had been shot with a pellet rifle. We took her in a did our best to give her a good home. Granny loved cats and just a few days before she passed the cat was well enough that it could visit and Granny petted it and loved on it in her final hours.

Almost a month to the day after Granny's funeral we were surprised by 3 new kittens. All 3 boys. One striped, one gray and one black. The stripped one did not survive. We raised the other two, the black one claiming me and the gray one was chosen by a friend. Mama cat was friendly with us mostly, but still very wild.

We moved 3 years later. I made the best attempt I could at transporting the mama cat to my new home, the buyers of the property even retrieving her from a tree for me. She fought me as I approached my truck with her and escaped into the woods where, as far as I know, was never seen again.

I've had many cats and they all were unique personalities, but I can say that by far, he was the best behaved and easiest trained of all of them. He was also the largest cat I've ever had at a little chunky 20lb at his peak and 48 inches from tip of front paw to tip of tail. He was a very independent cat and loved climbing on top of cabinets and shelves and watching from above, the higher the better. You can imagine what such a large cat can move around and knock over! As the years passed, he became more attached and became more of a lap cat. In the last couple years, he wanted nothing more than to follow me, and to be held and petted nearly constantly.

I've always known him to be a gift from God, as comfort for the loss of my Grandmother. Today I had to say goodbye. He passed peacefully as I held him. He was truly the best cat ever. Thank you Lord Jesus for your mercy and gift of comfort and our time spent together.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Sorry for your loss. He was a beauty It sucks. I know what you mean about a cat having a purpose.

We lost one of our cats a couple months ago. Sir Grover Dill Pickles, or Pickles for short was with us for exactly 3 years, almost to the day. He showed up on our front porch, and when Mrs Monkey came out and sat next to him he immediately climbed into her lap, buried his face in her elbow pit, and immediately fell asleep. "I guess he's ours now, huh?" she said. Much like your Blackie he was a constant cuddler. But pretty skittish. At least he would come right back after he got spooked. So that was good.

We tried adopting kittens before Pickles, but Gizmo our 16lb cat would play so rough we had to take them back to the shelter because Giz would hurt them if we didnt. Pickles was big enough to not be hurt, and we now feel that Pickles' role in our life was to teach Giz how to play well with others.

Because when we adopted his replacement Milton, a 1lb kitten, Giz was incredibly gentle (at least for him) and now they play happily. I dont think that would have been possible without Pickles.

Lpherr

Occupied
    Here’s a theory that kinda struck me a few years ago, when we lost a long time pet. The abbreviated version: God gave us these animals to teach us a couple of things — how to love unconditionally and that life is short.
    It was once brought up in conversation.
    Would you give up 5 years of your life to give to your pet?

I certainly would, provided it was happy, healthy years, and not 5 years to prolong an illness.
    5 years off the end of my life, would be worth spending 5 additional years with my best friend.

Frosty

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 27, 2013
    Greencastle
    I lost a cat I really liked several years ago, my then girlfriend, now wife said we should adopt a kitten. I said ok as long as she’s an outdoor cat. Fast forward a few weeks and said outdoor cat is sleeping at the foot of my bed, licking my face when my alarm goes off, laying on the foot rest of my recliner if she wasn’t snuggling on me. She was a good cat, went over and above to keep the vermin down. She just up and disappeared one day. I occasionally see a cat that looks like her, I always hope it is but I know why she ran off. My condolences.

Top Bottom