• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    What?? 20 posts and not ONE person has asked what State he is from since he said he has a "CCW" not an "LTCH"??

INGO, have you gone soft??

:D

Drakkule

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Jul 9, 2011
    Butler,IN. 46721
    I like the Gen 3 glocks, with the grip force adapters, and a polished trigger of course. I own a 17, 19, 26, and 34, all Gen 3's, and a 2nd Gen 21. All but the 26 has the grip force adapters, i like the way the point better with the adapter installed.

RockCreekRelics

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 15, 2009
    I prefer the ergonomics,looks,and overall feel of the M&P compared to Glocks. Another option would be the Springfield XDM series. They are excellent guns and I tend to shoot them better than the others mentioned. As stated above it all comes down to what you personally prefer. All are great choices and will serve you well.

WestSider

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Apr 16, 2008
    Putnam County
    Any thoughts on these? Looking for a full size HD gun. I'm worried about the issues the Gen 4 had been reported. Some say the M&P trigger is not the best. Looking for recommendations from people that actually have shot them. I have a CCW and I'm not interested in something compact because I want capacity. Thanks,
    Doc

I have 300 rounds through my Gen4 Glock 19 so far without a hint of a problem, I believe the problem Gen4's are a thing of the past. You can't go wrong with either a Glock or M&P, pick the one that suits you best, but don't avoid the Glock 19 Gen4 because you are worried about issues, especially if you are getting it new.

RockCreekRelics

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 15, 2009
    What?? 20 posts and not ONE person has asked what State he is from since he said he has a "CCW" not an "LTCH"??

INGO, have you gone soft??

:D

LOL I knew as soon as I saw it someone would call him on it.I couldn't believe that it went this long either.

Pitchfork

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 4, 2012
    South Bend Area
    My :twocents:

Glock 19
    Shorter, crisper trigger
    Lower bore axis
    Lighter weight
    Capable of higher capacity (G18 mags)

M&P9c
    Better stock sights (metal & 3 dot)
    Better ergonomics (softer & better purchase on grip)
    I am more accurate with it for some dumb reason.

You will be happy with either, but I was one of the unlucky new Gen3 owners who caught brass in their face even after the glock factory "fixed it". It's a shame really because I like the G19 better, but carry the M&P9c.

DocHoliday

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 16, 2012
    Any news on when the M&P will have a new line or new trigger?

I do have a lifetime license if that is what you guys mean. I'm a newbie as you can see on the post count.

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    Newbies usually get razzed a bit when they use the term "CCW" as we are not a "Concealed" State. Indiana has an "LTCH": License To Carry Handgun.

Welcome to :ingo:

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    I've had an M&P but prefer the Glocks.. I have a 17C and a 19C and really like both, also a couple of GAP pistols that I'm fond of.. You will probably be more comfortable and accurate with the one that fits your hand the best.
    [FONT=&quot]NRA Life member [/FONT][FONT=&quot]GSSF member[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
    Gunsite graduate Certified Glock armorer[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] 1911 Mechanic[/FONT]

Cannon762

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Gas City Area
    I owned a Glock 19 and a Glock 26, currently carry an M&P9c. I tried a plethora of different handguns for carry after the Glocks, and the M&P is the only one that I like better. It's been as reliable as the Glocks but more comfortable to shoot.

Top Bottom