• ...and so much more!
  • jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Yeah, if we're saying gas prices are all presidents' doing, it appears 0bama raised prices at the beginning of his term, and then inexplicably lowered them way down near the end of his term. Then Trump immediately raised them at the beginning of his term, though not as high as 0bama. Then, Trump lowered gas prices near the end of his term. Obviously, Biden got the memo that presidents raise prices at the beginning of their terms, but obviously went overboard on executing this pattern.

We're not yet at the end of Biden's presidency, but, because every nuance baked into the price of gasoline can be summarized by a graph, we can extrapolate that Biden will obviously lower prices near the end of his term. Because that's what presidents do. The graph says so.

Disclaimer: The above was a child's explanation of the graph.

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    Yeah, if we're saying gas prices are all presidents' doing, it appears 0bama raised prices at the beginning of his term, and then inexplicably lowered them way down near the end of his term. Then Trump immediately raised them at the beginning of his term, though not as high as 0bama. Then, Trump lowered gas prices near the end of his term. Obviously, Biden got the memo that presidents raise prices at the beginning of their terms, but obviously went overboard on executing this pattern.

We're not yet at the end of Biden's presidency, but, because every nuance baked into the price of gasoline can be summarized by a graph, we can extrapolate that Biden will obviously lower prices near the end of his term. Because that's what presidents do. The graph says so.

Disclaimer: The above was a child's explanation of the graph.

Obama shut down 33% of our refining capacity. Trump reopened 2(one now closed again by Biden's EPA)and pushed for more waivers for small refineries based on hardship(set out in the law)in trying to blend with ethanol(not built for it,and the cost of buying it are both issues for refineries). Trump also tried to get more refineries built,that did not happen partly due to laws passed by congress on permitting,impact studies,and so on. It has taken more than 10 years to go from permit to pumping a single oil well at many well sites,building permitting and constructing a refinery takes even longer(not in my back yard going for both as well).

Biden and the EPA are set this Friday to decide if any refineries get that hardship pass because they expire,currently 31 refineries do not have to blend fuel. If they do not grant them we will lose 7-10% percentage of our capacity(per epa). It is tough to find numbers,but the last EPA report on the topic from 2018 showed 31 refineries with exemptions( https://www.eia.gov/todayinenergy/detail.php?id=41794 ). If they do not continue to have them almost all of those shut down.

I read about how much political pressure from democrats the EPA is under to give them exemptions still,but we are talking about the EPA. If they do not give any the price of fuel will go from batshit crazy high to.....

1nderbeard

Master
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Apr 3, 2017
    Hendricks County
    at $4.89 a gallon as of today, I'm working from my home office for the foreseeable future. Luckily the rest of the year is my down season, and I probably wont have any appointments.

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    What does Russia have to do with the price of Urea(they are a net importer)?

I understand the price is up 30% for urea,just not finding the link to Russia...we had a worldwide shortage well before Ukraine. https://www.nytimes.com/2021/12/06/business/urea-fertilizer-food-prices.html
    Russia is, by far, the world's largest exporter of urea.

The sanctions on Russia have dramatically reduced the supply.

To make things worse, China, the 4th biggest export of urea, has had export restriction in place since late last year.

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    Russia is, by far, the world's largest exporter of urea.

The sanctions on Russia have dramatically reduced the supply.

To make things worse, China, the 4th biggest export of urea, has had export restriction in place since late last year.
    How does the USA banning imports mean it is Russia's fault?
    Why do we not increase domestic supply production,it has been much higher than it is now.

Topic for another thread I think,but I am kind of tired of the blame game crap. We have exported our manufacturing,chemical production,and rely on imported everything when we clearly should have never needed to. Relying on other countries for your every need as a country is idiotic at best,and has weakened the USA more than anything else by far.

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    What does Russia have to do with the price of Urea(they are a net importer)?

I understand the price is up 30% for urea,just not finding the link to Russia...we had a worldwide shortage well before Ukraine. https://www.nytimes.com/2021/12/06/business/urea-fertilizer-food-prices.html
    The world is learning a hard lesson about what happens when countries whose economies are based on imaginary financial products and luxury information and tech services try to sanction a country whose economy is based on exporting food, fertilizer, fuel, and energy.

You know. Things that actually exist, in the real world of reality, and that you starve and freeze if you don't have.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    See lots of talk today about the coming DEF shortage, with the accompanying massive price increase.

Good times.:coffee:
    Probably a lot of people would really love to be able to rip all that smog **** out of their vehicles and equipment.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

Obama shut down 33% of our refining capacity. Trump reopened 2(one now closed again by Biden's EPA)and pushed for more waivers for small refineries based on hardship(set out in the law)in trying to blend with ethanol(not built for it,and the cost of buying it are both issues for refineries). Trump also tried to get more refineries built,that did not happen partly due to laws passed by congress on permitting,impact studies,and so on. It has taken more than 10 years to go from permit to pumping a single oil well at many well sites,building permitting and constructing a refinery takes even longer(not in my back yard going for both as well).

Biden and the EPA are set this Friday to decide if any refineries get that hardship pass because they expire,currently 31 refineries do not have to blend fuel. If they do not grant them we will lose 7-10% percentage of our capacity(per epa). It is tough to find numbers,but the last EPA report on the topic from 2018 showed 31 refineries with exemptions( https://www.eia.gov/todayinenergy/detail.php?id=41794 ). If they do not continue to have them almost all of those shut down.

I read about how much political pressure from democrats the EPA is under to give them exemptions still,but we are talking about the EPA. If they do not give any the price of fuel will go from batshit crazy high to.....

You don't have to go through all that. That wasn't the point. I get it though. Progressives don't like fossil fuels. They're quite eager to see those costs rise so that green energy is more competitive. Trump didn't have that delusion. So he didn't put those kinds of policies in place. But, that's a bit more complicated than simply reading the chart.

According to that chart, gas prices went down before Trump took office in 2017. And then gas prices went up slightly under Trump after he took office. And then prices went back down again before Biden got into office. Prices went up sharply after that.

The point was to mock the premise of the meme, that a child could see what's going on just from the chart. Because if you look at nothing other than that chart, what a child should conclude in the simplest thinking, if paying attention to the start/end of each term, is what I said.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    The world is learning a hard lesson about what happens when countries whose economies are based on imaginary financial products and luxury information and tech services try to sanction a country whose economy is based on exporting food, fertilizer, fuel, and energy.

You know. Things that actually exist, in the real world of reality, and that you starve and freeze if you don't have.
    I love the simplicity of this post!

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Probably a lot of people would really love to be able to rip all that smog **** out of their vehicles and equipment.
    Used to be able to do it for a few hundred, I have been told on 2012 and older, but since about 2014 it has only grown more expensive and difficult to do, I have heard prices in the $7000 range. Then there is the fear they will institute testing like Illinois has and it will have to be put back…

Top Bottom