• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • pappyon

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 17, 2020
    The vaccine is coming. No i am no Einstein but i try to follow common sense and simple facts. The vaccine injects a dead virus into our bodies. Our bodies defense systems fights this and build an immunity to the particular virus you are injected with. Making it easier for your body to stop any growth or infestation of this particular virus. So follow my line of thinking. Those of us who have had/or have the covid virus now have the antibodies inside us and our immune systems should be on the lookout. No need for the vaccine because we already have this dead virus in us. Our bodies have fought and won. But now they are saying just because you have had it does not mean you cannot get it again. You MUST get the vaccine. Wait a minute. If we can get it again, what good does the vaccine do then? Will we not be just as prone to reinfection with that also???
    The government has wanted everyone to be injected with a chip. They have worked on this so they can "keep tract" of us easier...for our own good. The people rebuked this idea. BUT now this comes along and everyone MUST get the injection. If you watched Pence and other on the television get the vaccine you would of noticed there was nothing in the syringe when the stuck him. Also others who got it on the television the needle was already in them when the showed it. Never showing the injection itself. Ill pass on the injection. we do not know what the ramifications are down the road. My daughter is a doctor and she said absolutely no way would she get it. Chip or no chip....what are the long term affects of the injection?

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    The vaccine is coming. No i am no Einstein but i try to follow common sense and simple facts. The vaccine injects a dead virus into our bodies. Our bodies defense systems fights this and build an immunity to the particular virus you are injected with. Making it easier for your body to stop any growth or infestation of this particular virus. So follow my line of thinking. Those of us who have had/or have the covid virus now have the antibodies inside us and our immune systems should be on the lookout. No need for the vaccine because we already have this dead virus in us. Our bodies have fought and won. But now they are saying just because you have had it does not mean you cannot get it again. You MUST get the vaccine. Wait a minute. If we can get it again, what good does the vaccine do then? Will we not be just as prone to reinfection with that also???
    The government has wanted everyone to be injected with a chip. They have worked on this so they can "keep tract" of us easier...for our own good. The people rebuked this idea. BUT now this comes along and everyone MUST get the injection. If you watched Pence and other on the television get the vaccine you would of noticed there was nothing in the syringe when the stuck him. Also others who got it on the television the needle was already in them when the showed it. Never showing the injection itself. Ill pass on the injection. we do not know what the ramifications are down the road. My daughter is a doctor and she said absolutely no way would she get it. Chip or no chip....what are the long term affects of the injection?

Pappy that is how vaccines work. Typically a person gets vaccinated for flu yearly, I would expect Corona to be the same. Yea if you have had the illness I would expect some immunity for a while but not forever. Personally I don’t agree with mandated vaccines. I do not plan to get the Covid vaccine. Although once my family doctor gives the OK I would not hesitate. Currently that is not his recommendation.

Hawkeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2010
    Warsaw

I heered in the local gun shop that ifn u use a tin-foil hadt the tracter will sheeldid and not let them tract you. But it haz to be tin-foil. Not that luminum crap.

:cool:

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    I heered in the local gun shop that ifn u use a tin-foil hadt the tracter will sheeldid and not let them tract you. But it haz to be tin-foil. Not that luminum crap.

:cool:

No tin foil here. But I do think everyone should wear a mask. The mask messes up the government facial recognition software, throws off the radars in the boner drones. Think about it, we get to obscure our identities in public and carry guns. Sometimes I even wear a hoodie. It’s great!!!!

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010

Small point of clarification, as I understand it, none of the covid vaccines actually have dead virus in them. They are using mRNA. More info here: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/vaccines/different-vaccines/mrna.html

I realize your entire point is not that aspect, but still since it was stated, figured I'd clear at least that misconception up.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan

This is mRNA, NOT a dead virus. The mRNA tells your cells to produce a protein that triggers the immune system to produce the proper antibodies. It requires 2 shots. The initial shot and then depending on the maker, the booster shot either 21 days or 28 days. It's the booster shot timed just right that produces the lasting immunity. They have been working on this technology since the 1990's but very recent breakthroughs have allowed them to produce these 2 vaccines. The technology is fascinating, they are looking to develop one vaccine for many ailments. It's pretty cool stuff.

I didn't think the "government wants to chip us" is still a valid conspiracy theory. Interesting that your Dr daughter wants nothing to do with the vaccine. Our Dr friends, my RN nurse sister, and our NP friends have all been vaccinated (well at least the 1st shot) and are quite confident in the science behind it. My wife works at IU School of medicine and her Dr friends (research and practicing) are all quite supportive. Like I said, this new technology is just the beginning of exciting new breakthroughs.

Last edited:

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    The “tracking chip” theory is still a thing? If you only knew how much info can be tracked on that phone that never leaves your pocket. A chip implanted into your arm isn’t necessary.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    The “tracking chip” theory is still a thing? If you only knew how much info can be tracked on that phone that never leaves your pocket. A chip implanted into your arm isn’t necessary.

And Siri is listening.
    And how many have the little pod on the table that they talk to and it answers questions and does stuff for you. That thing is listening 24/7. How do you think it hears you. What do you think it is hearing. Had a conversation with a buddy about a couple of products we were considering. My phone was in my truck and his was on the table. Convo went on for a bit and I left. He hit me up on FB and showed me the ads that popped up about these products. He never googled them just discussed it with me.
    So we set it up and did it with my phone a few days later and yup.......the ads started to appear. I have heard this from others as well. No tin foil hat here people. Key words.

And you guys are tripping out over a micro-chip.

pute62

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 29, 2009
    Lawrence
    Never got tested but had it the week before Thanksgiving, backache, coughing and just couldn't focus. I do deliveries and just the sun beating in from the windshield was like I was Dracula in the daylight. Had the week of Thanksgiving off and it was the worst week ever, didn't have an appetite, couldn't keep anything down and lost all sence of smell/taste. I'm sure Zink/ vitamin C/D helped tremendously. Still not fully smelling/tasting fully but it's coming around. Here's the real kicker, covid plasma is at a premium but being an insulin dependent, I can't sell my plasma. Story of my life

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    And Siri is listening.
    And how many have the little pod on the table that they talk to and it answers questions and does stuff for you. That thing is listening 24/7. How do you think it hears you. What do you think it is hearing. Had a conversation with a buddy about a couple of products we were considering. My phone was in my truck and his was on the table. Convo went on for a bit and I left. He hit me up on FB and showed me the ads that popped up about these products. He never googled them just discussed it with me.
    So we set it up and did it with my phone a few days later and yup.......the ads started to appear. I have heard this from others as well. No tin foil hat here people. Key words.

And you guys are tripping out over a micro-chip.

Look up turning off mic in Facebook app on phones. There are many articles that discuss this. Likely pertains to other social media, etc apps that have mic access.

And yes, I find the micro chip theories entertaining given how many willingly provide this info for their "free product" when they are actually the product. That said, a persistent presence on the internet pretty much guarantees some level of tracking (even here, which I don't begrudge these companies. They are in business like everyone else to earn $), but there are certainly ways to reduce that tracking and there are definitely some companies (facebook, Google, etc) that are more egregious when it comes to not handling privacy with any real seriousness.

finnegan

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 7, 2011
    Clark County
    Parents are out of quarantine. Mom is still very fatigued but able to get out of bed. Dad will be getting an antibody test. All in all, not a bad Christmas present.

Hawkeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2010
    Warsaw
    My quarantine will be officially up tomorrow. I can't wait to get out of it. So far my wife and kids are showing no symptoms. I'll be back to work on Thursday.

My case was very mild compared to the other drivers who had it.
    Well, Technically, I thought if you tested positive you were in Isolation not quarantine. I was (maybe) exposed so I'm in quarantine until Saturday. Even though I tested negative. :).

SheepDog4Life

Natural Gray Man
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 14, 2016
    SW IN
    99 year old grandparent. In an assisted living facility, no visitors or leaving their rooms since March. First reported cases in October, she got it last month. She didn't even know, said it felt like a cold. Two weeks of no drama and she's all clear. She also said that the facility lifted the room quarantine recently. I want the facility to acknowledge that their mitigation policies are a failure and allow us to celebrate her 100th birthday in person next month.
    JK, if the facility allowed your family inside for this visit, they would be fined, the Executive Director would loose his/her Administrator license, and if there were an outbreak resulting in death remotely associated with the visit, criminal prosecution likely including negligent homicide.

CMS and the state set the rules... not just for COVID, but for general care of the elderly. Willfully violating them would put the staff in serious jeopardy of loosing all freedoms and possessions.

At my wife's facility, families with similar situations (and for holdays) discharge their family member for several days to visit with them, then re-admit them afterwards.

Usmccookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 28, 2017
    nwi
    late to the convo, 3 months working in a hospital, 1 month of which was in the covid wing with covid patients... wore ppe at first because it was required. gave up a week in. made it through, no incident.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    I've tested positive. My family gets test through the State here https://lhi.care/covidtesting and results are typically 36 hrs. I've been tested 3 times, Oct-Nov-Dec. My latest test was this past Monday. My daughter thought she was around someone who was positive so I took her and her boyfriend to get tested and I figured I'd might as well while I'm there. They came back negative but I was positive...sigh. Very minor "allergy" started Monday after the test. Very slight itchy eyes and slight drainage. Still this way today. No fever or fatigue. I can go back to work 10 days after my test. In all honesty, I would not have bothered to get a test just based on my current symptoms. It was sheer luck I tested. Wife has minor cold symptoms but her test results come back today. My son's results tomorrow but he has no symptoms.

Hoosierdood

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 2, 2010
    North of you
    I've tested positive. My family gets test through the State here https://lhi.care/covidtesting and results are typically 36 hrs. I've been tested 3 times, Oct-Nov-Dec. My latest test was this past Monday. My daughter thought she was around someone who was positive so I took her and her boyfriend to get tested and I figured I'd might as well while I'm there. They came back negative but I was positive...sigh. Very minor "allergy" started Monday after the test. Very slight itchy eyes and slight drainage. Still this way today. No fever or fatigue. I can go back to work 10 days after my test. In all honesty, I would not have bothered to get a test just based on my current symptoms. It was sheer luck I tested. Wife has minor cold symptoms but her test results come back today. My son's results tomorrow but he has no symptoms.
    Here’s to hoping that’s as bad as it gets for you.

finnegan

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 7, 2011
    Clark County
    Good news: my mother with COPD made it through her quarantine. Bad news: now my Dad who had a lobe of his lung removed a couple of months ago has it and is not doing well.
    also, I got the first shot yesterday, booster scheduled for three weeks from now.

Top Bottom