• ...and so much more!
  • Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    BT I hope this is just the regular flu. You know, that regular flu we no longer here about.

Positive thoughts your way.

Who knows. Stress has been through the roof lately due to some circumstances that are not under my control but effect family.

The good side to this, I've been in bed almost all day. On my 4th flic on netflix. Currently watching GLORY!

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Who knows. Stress has been through the roof lately due to some circumstances that are not under my control but effect family.

The good side to this, I've been in bed almost all day. On my 4th flic on netflix. Currently watching GLORY!

This entire year has been a stress driven pressure cooker for soooooo many of us myself included. Major family struggles and the insanity e have all dealt with.

ws6guy

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 10, 2010
    westside
    Well my test came back positive yesterday. So yep I caught it first then gave it to the wife and kids in the matter of 2 days. My symptoms only lasted about 4 days, 7 year old sick for 1 day, 10 year old sick for 4 days. Wife only had a fever for a day but now has a cough. Thankfully we only had a minor case of the wuflu, we have much more sick with other bugs. I do feel bad for those that have it worse but for my family it's a nonevent.

rob63

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    My 20-year-old son got sick last Monday with fever, body aches, and headache. Felt better the following day, and by Wednesday he was back to normal. Test came back positive so he is under quarantine through this coming Thursday.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    My 20-year-old son got sick last Monday with fever, body aches, and headache. Felt better the following day, and by Wednesday he was back to normal. Test came back positive so he is under quarantine through this coming Thursday.

We have several family and friends that the young folks tested positive and were back to full stem in just at a week. All said it was irritating but not debilitating.
    The lock down sucked worse than the WuFlu. No one else in those family's came sick. Go figure.

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    Our family had very minor symptoms and recovered in a couple days. That was Thanksgiving. I am still coughing and my wife is still fighting shortness of breath. She is tired all the time and her breathing sounds different when she sleeps. Otherwise we feel fine, no aches, no fever. Basically nothing like the regular flu where you are sick or you aren’t. Once you break the fever and stop puking the regular flu is over. Keep in mind WuFlu is a respiratory disease and it seems to have a long tail. Hopefully everyone above recovers quickly, make sure to rest and watch those coughs.

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    My wife had the China/Democrat lab made virus all last week. Her 10 day quarantine ended last Wednesday. She’s a school teacher, and wears a mask all the time, uses hand sanitizer all the time, and does the social distancing. And she still got it. Proves masks don’t work :)

She had all the common symptoms, even loss of smell. Which is now coming back. She had a bad headache, and no breathing problems.

Surprisingly, I never got it. At least so far. And we’ve been watching our boys, who are 4 and 2.5. They haven’t developed any symptoms either.
    Our quarantine ends Christmas, so our Christmas plans won’t change as long as we don’t get sick. I don’t see us getting sick though.

Hoosierdood

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 2, 2010
    North of you
    My wife had the China/Democrat lab made virus all last week. Her 10 day quarantine ended last Wednesday. She’s a school teacher, and wears a mask all the time, uses hand sanitizer all the time, and does the social distancing. And she still got it. Proves masks don’t work :)

She had all the common symptoms, even loss of smell. Which is now coming back. She had a bad headache, and no breathing problems.

Surprisingly, I never got it. At least so far. And we’ve been watching our boys, who are 4 and 2.5. They haven’t developed any symptoms either.
    Our quarantine ends Christmas, so our Christmas plans won’t change as long as we don’t get sick. I don’t see us getting sick though.

Out of curiosity, what is your blood type? I've heard a lot of talk about "O" blood types being more resistant to the kung-flu.

My wife got it in late February, type A+ blood. I never got it, type O+.

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    Out of curiosity, what is your blood type? I've heard a lot of talk about "O" blood types being more resistant to the kung-flu.

I was wrong. Wife is O-, me and the boys are A+

Last edited:

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour

My kids and I are O+, my wife is 0-. We had covid. So I don't think blood type leads to resistance. Although there does seem to be some sort of genetic lottery involved and maybe blood type is somehow correlated.

Hawkeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2010
    Warsaw

My wife tested positive. I think she is B. I tested negative. I am O+. Neither of us have had any symptoms. She is off her isolation time as of yesterday. My quarantine period runs two weeks from yesterday. :(. :(

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    So it has been reported that several other drivers at work have tested positive, thus, most likely, eliminating the wonder where I contacted this.

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    So the only local place that does rapid tests without a doctors order started taking appointments at exactly midnight. So at exactly 12:00, I jumped on to the appointment page and selected a 9:00am slot. It was gone already. Tried 9:20. Same. 10:40 ditto. So as fast as these slots were going, I didn't want to miss my chance. I scrolled all the way down to the last few after 7:00pm. Got a 7:20. So I'm guessing in less than 90 seconds, all appointments from 8:00am to 7:40 pm were gone.

tmschuller

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    Grant county
    So the only local place that does rapid tests without a doctors order started taking appointments at exactly midnight. So at exactly 12:00, I jumped on to the appointment page and selected a 9:00am slot. It was gone already. Tried 9:20. Same. 10:40 ditto. So as fast as these slots were going, I didn't want to miss my chance. I scrolled all the way down to the last few after 7:00pm. Got a 7:20. So I'm guessing in less than 90 seconds, all appointments from 8:00am to 7:40 pm were gone.

CVS ?? Testing is done in the drive thru.. just in case you didn’t know and takes 2-3 days for the results. Hope it passes soon for us all. It’s been a rough go for me.. wife did better than me..

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    Yesterday we had a "Zoom visitation" for my aunt who passed away last Sunday.

My "rarely masked" cousin, her husband, and their adopted son moved in with her a few weeks ago. My cousin and her husband sold their house and needed out "now". Of course, since they are "rarely masked" - because this is all a big sham, you know, contracted Covid-19. And while still ill, they moved in with my HIGH RISK aunt. Aunt was fine for a handful of days, then started developing symptoms.

It wasn't long before she had to go to the hospital and then into the ICU. A few more days later - she was intubated. Then she died a few days after that due to total renal failure.

So - Thanks a lot, dear cousin. Your actions directly lead to the death of your own mother - my aunt. And one of my favorite people. Good on you.

Also - my sister in law somehow got it. Despite being a Work-in-home-mom. They have FIVE kids. The youngest are just a bit over 1 year old (twins). The other 3 are in school. We think that one of the kids brought it home, asymptomatically. So mom has been in their master suite for about 10 days now while dad's been forced to stay home and care for the kids. He's tyring to work from home...but with 5 littles, it's virtually impossible. And last I heard, his 02 sats were down to 94 or so. So HE probably has it. (They have a pulse/ox meter at home that one other of their kids needs to sleep with due to her own special needs).

So if HE gets worse... Who'll care for the kids? My wife said if HE gets it - then she will be going up. Which means that she'll probably get it and have to quarantine there for...a month? That won't be cool at all. She's got her own other issues to deal with.

Top Bottom