• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    ... on their licenses. This is a stepping stone toward a National ID Card. The Feds should not be in any way involved in ID cards or licenses.

People who refuse to wear their gold star will be subject to more invasive searches at Federal checkpoints that are springing up all over America.

Motorists can get "Gold Star" Licenses starting Oct. 3rd
    DMV Commissioner Melody A. Currey said that without the gold star travelers will likely face greater scrutiny at airports and when entering federal buildings. Currey said the DMV is rolling out the new program now because Connecticut is on a six-year license renewal cycle and everyone needs to have a new license before 2017, when the federal regulations go into effect.

"This is a federally mandated program to improve security,'' Currey said. "We live next door to New York City and after what happened there I think we need to assure our residents that we are doing everything we can to properly identify people."
    23456375791080-22092901.jpg

Stschil

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2010
    At the edge of sanit
    Well, more hoops to jump through. This from a Government that is "debating" the "need" for polling places to require government issued identification from people who wish to vote.

Wait a moment......... Didn't Hilter require some people to wear gold stars?:rolleyes:

Disposable Heart

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.6%
    246   1   1
    Apr 18, 2008
    Greenfield, IN
    I wonder if it's Miss Sample or Mrs. Sample... :D

Regardless, to parrot the others, more crap for us to jump through, unless we want the thugs perusing our stuff. Do the Feds even realize, in their infinite stupidity, that it's the folks with NO history of trouble that are the sleeper agents? Idiots...

Doty

At peace
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 13, 2011
    Central Indiana
    Its easy to get one. Did it myself last year. No hassle at all. But this is the 1st I've heard of checkpoints. I guess I'll have to start watching what I carry in my trunk.

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    Seems like it would be less of a hassle for everyone if we were just required to get chips implanted in our heads or maybe bar codes on the nape of our necks. A quick scan and we can be on our way.

revsaxon

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 21, 2010
    Plano, TX
    Seems like it would be less of a hassle for everyone if we were just required to get chips implanted in our heads or maybe bar codes on the nape of our necks. A quick scan and we can be on our way.

My sister has a barcode on the back of her neck....

She got it ironically I think.

Plinker

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 26, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    This article is an outrage, i don't have two documents that show that i have a Connecticut address.

Don't worry, it can't be too hard. After all, a certain someone living on Pennsylvania Ave. was able to get a Connecticut SS# without having ever lived in or near that state.

HeadlessRoland

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 8, 2011
    In the dark
    "Ihre ausweis bitte" as made famous by a few old German guys

The checkpoints are the last line in the sand.
    If you settle for nothing now, you'll settle for less later.

Top Bottom