Jul 18, 2016
    Howard County

JAL

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2017
    Indiana
    I just read about this . . . and what did I find here but an announcement of it. Another nail in the coffin of the Biden, Garland and Dettelbach Gang's attempt to destroy the 2nd Amendment. Now we get to see if BATFE appeals to 5th Circuit.

This hasn't been a good week for Biden, WOKE, & Co. with three major SCOTUS decisions plus this one.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Before the entire Earth will shake in Looper Bright in 2024, there will be tremors.

This is a significant tremor.

Paulus von Dettlebach is now encircled and will beg Berlin to withdraw. He will get an answer but it will be NO.

ATFE is overextended. Now is the time to pour it on in the courts and politically. It's no longer about stopping them, it is about destroying them. Na Zapat.

tcecil88

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 18, 2013
    @ the corner of IN, KY & OH.
    I just read about this . . . and what did I find here but an announcement of it. Another nail in the coffin of the Biden, Garland and Dettelbach Gang's attempt to destroy the 2nd Amendment. Now we get to see if BATFE appeals to 5th Circuit.

This hasn't been a good week for Biden, WOKE, & Co. with three major SCOTUS decisions plus this one.
    I don't imagine the 5th Circuit will be their friend on this. I would almost be surprised if they appealed it. But, seeing as how they can use our own tax dollars against us to appeal it, I guess it wouldn't really surprise me.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    I don't imagine the 5th Circuit will be their friend on this. I would almost be surprised if they appealed it. But, seeing as how they can use our own tax dollars against us to appeal it, I guess it wouldn't really surprise me.
    They should not but Berlin, er, Washinton D.C. will order them to do so. Stay and hold, you shall be reinforced from the air. Goering pledged it.

JAL

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2017
    Indiana
    Paulus von Dettlebach is now encircled and will beg Berlin to withdraw. He will get an answer but it will be NO.

ATFE is overextended. Now is the time to pour it on in the courts and politically. It's no longer about stopping them, it is about destroying them. Na Zapat.
    He will be rudely reminded that no agency director has ever surrendered.
    (I wonder how many understand the "Paulus" reference.)

Alamo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Texas

Alamo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Texas
    I find Armed Scolar’s video titles to be click-baitish and annoying, but so far only commentary I’ve found on the appeal of the Final Judgment:

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette

Alamo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Texas
    Can we get a Readers Digest version?
    Cliff Notes maybe?
    What does it all mean?
    Usually I stall until JAL puts up something that makes sense, but here’s my summary:

On 05 JUL Federal judge in Texas issued Final Judgment in favor of plaintiff’s motion for summary judgment striking down the ATF rule on 80% frame/receivers. Thus legally things are as they were prior to August 2022 when ATF published final rule on 80% kits.

On 13 JUL BATFE notified district court that they are appealing his Final Judgment to 5th Circuit, where hopefully it will be fed into the same shredder as their pending (now moot?) interlocutory appeal on the preliminary injunction that they filed earlier.

If that doesn’t make sense, you’ll have to wait on JAL. :D

HHollow

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2012
    ok, so if the AFT can not regulate unfinished receivers then why stop at 80%? The same boobs at AFT decided that a 90% receiver is a receiver when it clearly can not (yet) function as one.

JAL

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2017
    Indiana
    Usually I stall until JAL puts up something that makes sense, but here’s my summary:

On 05 JUL Federal judge in Texas issued Final Judgment in favor of plaintiff’s motion for summary judgment striking down the ATF rule on 80% frame/receivers. Thus legally things are as they were prior to August 2022 when ATF published final rule on 80% kits.

On 13 JUL BATFE notified district court that they are appealing his Final Judgment to 5th Circuit, where hopefully it will be fed into the same shredder as their pending (now moot?) interlocutory appeal on the preliminary injunction that they filed earlier.

If that doesn’t make sense, you’ll have to wait on JAL. :D
    Good enough for me.

Vacatur vs. Remand:
    Note that the District Court "vacated" the Rule, a less common decision instead of "remanding" it back to BATFE. That means it's dead, completely dead, utterly dead, slipping its mortal coil and joining the Choir Invisible, just like Monty Python's Polly Parrot, with no Lazarus Act possible to resurrect it. An important distinction and harsher than the more common "remand" which allows the agency to modify or amend the rule challenged to "fix" the deficiencies found by the court. The District Court stated in so many words that the BATFE Rule is irredeemably irreparable.

"Paulus von" Dettlebach is hoping to begin breaking out of his encirclement in a counterattack using a motion to the 5th Circuit to issue a "stay" on the District Court's vacatur decision, which would put the District Court's Decision into abeyance until the 5th Circuit hears and rules on BATFE's appeal. The 5th Circuit isn't the 9th Circuit. Depending some on which 3 judges are drawn at random for the "merits panel" to hear the appeal, I would bet big on the 5th Circuit denying any motion by BATFE to stay the lower court's decision. If that, by some inexplicable reason were to occur, I'd expect an interlocutory appeal to the entire 5th Circuit en banc to reconsider the stay. There's too much argument for the financial damage such a stay would cause to plaintiffs if shut down again. Conversely, there's plenty of argument that allowing them to continue while the BATFE Rule is being litigated (status quo prior to the BATFE Rule) after having been in business for many years, wouldn't make much difference in public health and safety, contrary to propaganda from BATFE, Everytown, Giffords, David Hogg, etc. (figures don't lie, but these liars have been figuring).

Nevertheless, if anyone has a hankering to do a Personally Made Firearm project from an 80%, now is the time to order the frame/lower plus tools/jigs required for it from the businesses put back into business by the District Court. Not as simple or as cheap as Joseph Stalin Biden, his BATFE minions, and the above named anti-gun buffoons would have you believe. By the time you're done, it would be less expensive to buy the comparable firearm from Rural King or Palmetto State Armory. Came to that conclusion pricing out a DIY from curiosity a few years ago. Repriced it after the Rule was vacated. Hasn't changed much.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom