• ...and so much more!
  • Lex Concord

Not so well-known member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Morgan County
    So, you want the NRA alternative to the 1968 GCA?

Isn't the NRA the focus of eeevil on INGO?:D

I'm not sure what you mean by "the NRA alternative to the 1968 GCA".

What I'm for is the elimination of the many restrictions and barriers that have been placed on the acquisition and possession of arms in this country.

If a man can't be trusted in public with a firearm, maybe we should continue to hold him in prison, rather than subject tens of thousands of non-criminals to the presumption of untrustworthiness and the hassles that come with just so we can set him free to make space for some kid that happened to be holding a dime bag when he was last pulled over for speeding.

AmmoManAaron

Master
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Feb 20, 2015
    I-get-around
    I'm not sure what you mean by "the NRA alternative to the 1968 GCA".

What I'm for is the elimination of the many restrictions and barriers that have been placed on the acquisition and possession of arms in this country.

If a man can't be trusted in public with a firearm, maybe we should continue to hold him in prison, rather than subject tens of thousands of non-criminals to the presumption of untrustworthiness and the hassles that come with just so we can set him free to make space for some kid that happened to be holding a dime bag when he was last pulled over for speeding

Absolutely agreed. If they can't be trusted with a firearm, they obviously aren't rehabilitated and shouldn't be released. I think this is why the repeat offender rate is so high for violent offenders. They are releasing people who shouldn't be released...ticking time bombs just waiting for the right opportunity to prey upon someone again.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Ok, I'm done reading and still not exactly sure.

I *think* this applies to FFL sellers only. That if I'm in GA and want to buy a handgun, they run the NICS check and I'm ok, I can walk out with the gun and not have it shipped to an IN FFL. I don't know that this covers person to person sales because the case is about the context of "where state or local laws require a license, pre-registration, or other form of approval to proceed with the sale" and since we (at least in Indiana) don't have a pre-approval card of some sort to show another person, the NICS check would be how that's done.

To be frank, I'm still a bit confused by it though and I may be reading it wrong.

Frank is a nice guy and all, but you really need to be yourself! Things would be a lot less confusing that way! :):

(The opportunities I would miss if people didn't bump really old threads!)

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011

1donos

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    Gosh it needs to be simplified to purchase a firearm from a different state. For some people the different state can still be your neighbors.

dugsagun

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    portage
    You would think in this day and age of computer everything that someone could find out faster then u can fill out a form if u are a proper individual. But since we have these pesky old acts that always seem to get in the way, i think a magic 8 ball has just as much a chance of telling winning lottery numbers as those in power actually doing something about it. Hopefully tho i am wrong.

cosermann

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 15, 2008
    If we have a federal form to fill out (4473), federally licensed dealers (FFLs), and a national instant criminal background check system (NICS), I'm not sure why it matters what state you're in.

Top Bottom