• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    The 4473 could be filled out on line and signed electronically. We do it with our tax returns.
    S

Safeties on and sling 'em.

Not buying guns on line with this ruling. IF, and I mean IF, the Court of Appeals upholds this, then it means we can go to gun stores in other states and fill out the 4473 at said gun store in another state and bring it home or ship it home (like GFGT asked).

jwfuhrman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 95.5%
    21   1   0
    Sep 26, 2009
    Decatur
    Never gonna happen like that. All this did was make it so someone from Ohio(example) could come over here to my store and buy something and not have to have it shipped across the state line to his FFL...... If this would have gone through, the customer could have come here, bought what he wanted, filled out the 4473 and been on his way.

As it sits now, ALL out of state customers must have the firearm(handguns and receivers only) shipped to their local FFL.

jwh20

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 22, 2013
    Hamilton County Indi
    As it sits now, ALL out of state customers must have the firearm(handguns and receivers only) shipped to their local FFL.

Actually, as it sits NOW, there is no longer an in-state requirement for firearm purchases. The judge in the case (as noted above) denied the government's request for a stay. So the US CODE that was challenged is currently void. Are there any FFLs who are willing to take out-of-state customers? Probably not yet as the smoke is still swirling around but the argument made by the Justice Dept. for a stay was totally lame! The judge agreed as well. So Mr. Holder's only recourse is to file an appeal.

Libertarian01

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    To All,

IF I am understanding this correctly - INGO could do a group trip to Tulsa Oklahoma, the largest gun show in America! Everyone could run around like kids in a candy store, buy whatever they wanted while filling out the 4473's on site.

THEN, load someones vehicle with hundreds of pounds of legal firepower, and return to Indiana.

Correct???

If I am correct then this could be a big deal for gunshows near state lines as they will have a bigger draw to folks who live just a short drive away.

Regards,

Doug

jwfuhrman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 95.5%
    21   1   0
    Sep 26, 2009
    Decatur
    I for one will not be selling to out of state customers in person until I get official word from ATF, the people that control whether I get to keep my FFL or not.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    S

Safeties on and sling 'em.

Not buying guns on line with this ruling. IF, and I mean IF, the Court of Appeals upholds this, then it means we can go to gun stores in other states and fill out the 4473 at said gun store in another state and bring it home or ship it home (like GFGT asked).

Right...your really thin apple slicing was quite clear to me. I can buy it at Big Jim's Gun Emporium in Walla Walla, Washington...and I can ship it home. But I can't sit at home and buy it, on-line from BJGEiWWW and have them UPS it to me. That's really quite clear. Not perfect. But we're killing this beast with a million paper cuts and this one at least nicked an artery.

seldon14

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Fort Wayne
    Why couldn't you buy it from Big Jim's Gun Emporium in Walla Walla, Washington, filling out the 4473 electronicly, and then have Big Jim ship it to your home in Indiana, all from the comfort of your easy chair in Indiana?

Same reason you cant do that with a long gun.

AmmoManAaron

Master
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Feb 20, 2015
    I-get-around
    Right...your really thin apple slicing was quite clear to me. I can buy it at Big Jim's Gun Emporium in Walla Walla, Washington...and I can ship it home. But I can't sit at home and buy it, on-line from BJGEiWWW and have them UPS it to me. That's really quite clear. Not perfect. But we're killing this beast with a million paper cuts and this one at least nicked an artery.

QFT

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    Why couldn't you buy it from Big Jim's Gun Emporium in Walla Walla, Washington, filling out the 4473 electronicly, and then have Big Jim ship it to your home in Indiana, all from the comfort of your easy chair in Indiana?

My guess is that Big Jim can't see all the way to Indiana from Walla Walla to confirm that the person in the easy chair is the one named on the electronic 4473, but it's just a guess.

Lex Concord

Not so well-known member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Morgan County
    I want mail-order (internet-order) Carcanos...and 1911s....and Garands...and M14s...and 1919s...and RPGs...

Then, we will have liberty around the 2A.

Until then, we fight.

Edit: Looking at the posts above, I should point out that I mean without a 4473, just to be clear.

Mark 1911

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Schererville, IN
    If the COA upholds the decision, is that the end of the story or will more appeals follow? When is the COA decision expected to happen? If COA does uphold the ruling, how long before it goes into effect, ie how long before out of staters can bring home a purchase from another state?

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    So, you want the NRA alternative to the 1968 GCA?

Isn't the NRA the focus of eeevil on INGO?:D

I don't know if they are the focus of eeevil, but I wasn't a fan during the Clinton years. I thought GOA was much more in line with my personal beliefs. Since there hasn't been a serious assault on sweeping gun control legislation since, there's not much to compare these days.

Alamo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Texas
    The 4473 could be filled out on line and signed electronically. We do it with our tax returns.

People are much more eager to buy guns under someone else's forged electronic signature than they are to file your taxes for you. Unless you are getting a big refund, http://www.irs.gov/uac/Newsroom/Ide...Annual-Dirty-Dozen-List-of-Tax-Scams-to-Avoid and then people do in fact spoof or steal your identity.

As long as the gubbmint requires the FFL to verify ID of the buyer, I suspect electronic signatures for gun-buying is going to be a problem, especially for first time buyers. Some kind of fairly solid authentication mechanism will have to be set up. And that will of course put you on "a list."

Top Bottom