• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rob63

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    I wouldn’t consider London a dangerous place, but it’s not exactly what comes to mind when I think of moving somewhere to get away from Antifa. People literally march around with Soviet flags there.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    Perhaps he's worried about ice picks, and pretty much all pointy things are verboten in London
    It doesn't have to be pointy.
    Any kind of weapon is illegal.
    I've seen folks arrested because they had a baseball bat in the trunk (or rather the boot there) of their car.

The police officer asked "What's the purpose of the bat?" ... the owner answered "It's for defense" and got arrested.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    It doesn't have to be pointy.
    Any kind of weapon is illegal.
    I've seen folks arrested because they had a baseball bat in the trunk (or rather the boot there) of their car.

The police officer asked "What's the purpose of the bat?" ... the owner answered "It's for defense" and got arrested.

Holy Crap

Doug

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Sep 5, 2008
    Indianapolis
    I believe self defense is illegal in England.
    People are told, "If you see a crime being committed, don't get involved. Leave it to the professionals."

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    Holy Crap
    Yep, you're supposed to have a baseball next to you bat and say "it's for sport officer", otherwise you get arrested.

A baseball bat is categorized as an offensive weapon in the UK.
    You can't carry those in public, including in your car.

It's even worst in other places in Europe.
    In Poland you can't buy or even own a bat unless you have a sporting licence to prove you are part of a baseball club.

You can't just walk into a store and buy one.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Yep, you're supposed to have a baseball next to you bat and say "it's for sport officer", otherwise you get arrested.

In Poland you can't buy or even own a bat unless you have a sporting licence to prove you are part of a baseball club.

So violent crime must be non-existent there, yes?

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012

I wonder if our resident INGO supporters of Biden, or rather the arm up his ass, thought this through? Not only no guns, but no other weapons or dual use items, and probably no anything else that a fertile imagination could apply as a weapon. My guess is that large flashlights are illegal as well

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    I mean I'm sure they have low bat related attacks ... just a bunch of stabbings instead (besides most knives being also illegal to carry). :dunno:
    knives are more concealabke and can be home-made. Boards and tool handles also make serviceable improvised weapons.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    I wonder if our resident INGO supporters of Biden, or rather the arm up his ass, thought this through? Not only no guns, but no other weapons or dual use items, and probably no anything else that a fertile imagination could apply as a weapon. My guess is that large flashlights are illegal as well
    In most places including in the UK and to an extent in France you have two kinds of weapons.

Weapons that we call "by nature", weapons designed to to a weapon (gun, some kind of knife like a "combat knife" etc).

Weapons that we call "by destination", improvised weapons carried or used with the intent of using it as a weapon.

Usually weapons "by nature" are illegal to carry, and weapons "by destination" are legal to carry if you can prove it's not being used, or that you are not planning on using it as a weapon.

It's usually based on the person's profession and largely based on the officer's mood.

You can get arrested for carrying a long screwdriver but if you're a contractor you will be good to go.

If you're carrying a machette while hiking in the woods, you will be fine.
    Carrying the same machette in the London Underground will get you arrested.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    Holy Crap

When I was in the UK, a friend of mine's parents were both police officers. I was talking to them about how I've carried a gun daily for almost 20 years now, and asking them legal questions.

You can not even use your CAR KEYS to defend yourself if attacked. You will go to jail for it. ANYTHING intended to cause more harm than your bare hands is illegal.

Further more, you must show an ID to buy a whisk or a spoon at the store, to prove you are over 18.
    It's a good reality check for people who think "that could never happen here."

Yet, ironically, the only "gun violence" I've ever personally witnessed happened across the street where I was staying there. I even have the story. https://www.scotsman.com/news/dalkieth-familys-terror-gun-attack-home-2512847

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    When I was in the UK, a friend of mine's parents were both police officers. I was talking to them about how I've carried a gun daily for almost 20 years now, and asking them legal questions.

You can not even use your CAR KEYS to defend yourself if attacked. You will go to jail for it. ANYTHING intended to cause more harm than your bare hands is illegal.

Further more, you must show an ID to buy a whisk or a spoon at the store, to prove you are over 18.
    It's a good reality check for people who think "that could never happen here."

Yet, ironically, the only "gun violence" I've ever personally witnessed happened across the street where I was staying there. I even have the story. https://www.scotsman.com/news/dalkieth-familys-terror-gun-attack-home-2512847
    I stand by the assertion I have made for years that the most dangerous phrase in US English is "This is America. That can't happen here."

I just would have thought the fools who don't believe it can would be farther removed from us.

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    knives are more concealabke and can be home-made. Boards and tool handles also make serviceable improvised weapons.
    So can Narwhal tusks.
    Coz they're awesome.

Although I heard about a woman over there that got lectured by the police and threatened to be arrested because she was in her kitchen and saw some punks breaking into her shed. She tapped on the window with a knife. Rather than track down the offenders iirc in the snow, they just chewed her out and left.

Chance

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 25, 2009
    Berne
    Nothing like a 5D cell Maglight to get some attention.....

Top Bottom