Elon Musk Becomes Twitter’s Largest Shareholder…

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • miguel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Oct 24, 2008
    16T
    Another thing to keep in mind about Elon...he was born in South Africa, which was arguably the first sacrificial lamb on the altar of the nascent new world/woke order.

Being from a well to do family, he has personally experienced -- during his formative years, mind you -- what the woke agenda can and will do to a nation if there are not checks on "progressivism". There is no doubt, as observant a young man as he is, he did not notice this himself and hear about it from family and friends.

Fortunately for him, he was able to extract and land in North America, with the rest being history.

As Regan said, if we loose here, we are up **** creek. Musk has what, 5-6 kids? He is damn sure going to spend cash helping the cause in a way he is most suited to.

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Another thing to keep in mind about Elon...he was born in South Africa, which was arguably the first sacrificial lamb on the altar of the nascent new world/woke order...
    I think you're giving South Africa a little too much credit.

'Sacrificial lamb' certainly conveys an image of innocence in their demise that the apartheid regime is completely underserving of.

miguel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Oct 24, 2008
    16T
    I think you're giving South Africa a little too much credit.

'Sacrificial lamb' certainly conveys an image of innocence in their demise that the apartheid regime is completely underserving of.
    The Boers and English really didn't do anything different than any other nation in history did, including the US of A. Reference the experience of the Cherokee, Sioux, etc. See Belgian actions in the Congo.

As a civilization, I believe we are well past a point where an amorphous moral high ground is the standard we hold ourselves to when those we compete with have no standard but advancing their cause and their own survival.

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    The Boers and English really didn't do anything different than any other nation in history did, including the US of A. Reference the experience of the Cherokee, Sioux, etc. See Belgian actions in the Congo.

As a civilization, I believe we are well past a point where an amorphous moral high ground is the standard we hold ourselves to when those we compete with have no standard but advancing their cause and their own survival.
    I disagree. Guess I'm woker than I thought. :coffee:

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Would I be unreasonable to suggest showing the guy some support by signing up for X for $4 per month? There's a discount for signing up for a year, I think it's $40 per year if paid at once.

ETA: Directed at everyone, not just the poster.

Agreed. I've always HATED the idea of twitter until Elon bought it. Thought it was a stupid idea and never had anything change my mind. However, I do want to see his version succeed, if for no other reason that the truth is occasionally available there and nowhere else.

J Galt

Expert
    Rating - 93.3%
    14   1   0
    Mar 21, 2020
    Indianapolis
    Agreed. I've always HATED the idea of twitter until Elon bought it. Thought it was a stupid idea and never had anything change my mind. However, I do want to see his version succeed, if for no other reason that the truth is occasionally available there and nowhere else.

Same here. Agree 100%. I signed up for the annual membership just to do something to show some support.

Alamo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Texas

Interesting. He already created his own high school in California, called Ad Astra, for his own kids and SpaceX employees kids, then brought it to Texas with him.

There’s also a recently created school in Austin, called University of Austin, (UATX), that also builds itself as a correction to the current status of US universities. Started two years ago. Couple of the names associated with it are Bari Weiss, Niall Ferguson, and Joe Lonsdale. Lonsdale is a guy who made big money in Silicon Valley but moved to Austin because Texas has better business climate. He’s also seen as a “righty” by at least the California types. I don’t think UATX is specifically STEM oriented.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural

NSFW!!!

Dunno why X's aren't embedding like normal, but passing along that this is an hour long Tucker interview with Kid Rock and John Daily. I'm not normally good for hanging in there that long, but passing along that this interview is very entertaining. Whole thing worth the listen. :twocents:

1702757017224.png 1702757177886.png

Last edited:

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    NSFW...

A Year at Elon Musk’s X: Twitter’s Top 10 Wildest Moments of 2023

Elon Musk killed Twitter in 2023 in name and, to many, in spirit.
    Musk, the world’s richest person, says he overpaid in swinging the $44 billion deal for Twitter last year — which he rechristened X and has refashioned into his vision of what a “free speech” platform should be. The obstreperous Musk, after hacking X/Twitter’s workforce down to a skeleton crew, drove major advertisers away from X after he endorsed an antisemitic conspiracy theory. (Musk expressed regret about his comment, but also told Bob Iger and others who pulled ad spending to “go **** yourself.”) And, among other wacky stunts, he manufactured a bizarre feud with Mark Zuckerberg.
    It’s tough to narrow down the 10 truly wackiest moments of Musk’s monarchical reign over X/Twitter this year, but here goes...

Top Bottom