Elon Musk Becomes Twitter’s Largest Shareholder…

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Time to start playing by the left's rules for elections, or we will soon see the end of competitive elections. Florida figured out how to do it.

Wait. You say it’s time to start playing by the left’s rules, and then cite a state that neutralized the left’s rules and was successful? Republicans won in Florida by ensuring a fair playing field. They have vote by mail, but you have to request a ballot. You have to have ID. There is an election law enforcement entity now that polices elections. Their elections ran among the smoothest in the nation.

Contrast that with AZ. Their elections were a mess. AZ is what the lefts’s rules look like. FL’s election’s didn’t look anything like that.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Florida appears to have enforced the existing laws, unlike many of the other states.

Tim Poole (independent journalist) had some interesting thoughts on legal ballot harvesting. Basically this is finding people less likely to vote and bringing them to the polls or legally assisting them in voting by main in ballot. Again, following any applicable state laws. Distasteful? Yes. Effective? It appears that way.
    I do think that Republicans will need to harvest ballots in future elections. Can’t force swing states to do the same things Florida did. If they have mass mail ballot systems where they just automatically mail ballots out to people on the list, no ID required, Republicans need to learn how to operate successfully in that space.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    Florida appears to have enforced the existing laws, unlike many of the other states.

Tim Poole (independent journalist) had some interesting thoughts on legal ballot harvesting. Basically this is finding people less likely to vote and bringing them to the polls or legally assisting them in voting by main in ballot. Again, following any applicable state laws. Distasteful? Yes. Effective? It appears that way.
    Exactly. This is the game that the left are playing in places like Georgia, Arizona, and Southern California. It's no longer about voters; it's about ballots.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    Wait. You say it’s time to start playing by the left’s rules, and then cite a state that neutralized the left’s rules and was successful? Republicans won in Florida by ensuring a fair playing field. They have vote by mail, but you have to request a ballot. You have to have ID. There is an election law enforcement entity now that polices elections. Their elections ran among the smoothest in the nation.

Contrast that with AZ. Their elections were a mess. AZ is what the lefts’s rules look like. FL’s election’s didn’t look anything like that.
    Yes. The point is: don't fight vote-by-mail; put in place a system that ensures ballot integrity. Don't fight (or worse: ignore) ballot harvesting (where it is legal). Instead, use the law to harvest your own team's ballots.

bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    And those against blowing all up have it in their mind that they will lose in the chaos
    I disagree. They understand that they COULD lose it all in the chaos. Understanding that its not all roses and candy isn't a bad thing and thinking there might be another way to resolve it without the potential loss isn't either.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Yes. The point is: don't fight vote-by-mail; put in place a system that ensures ballot integrity. Don't fight (or worse: ignore) ballot harvesting (where it is legal). Instead, use the law to harvest your own team's ballots.
    That makes sense. A lot of folks lately have been advocating we adopt their tactics. So what you said sounded a lot like that. But I will say that there’s really not much we can do that will solve what happened in AZ. You get your day in court. You prove you were ****ed. Too bad. They can appeal. I’m sure they will. But a lot of voters were disenfranchised. And half of America laughs at them.

Shadow01

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2011
    WCIn
    And empty rental property would be a good place to find those ballots that were mailed out that need to be completed and mailed back in.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    That makes sense. A lot of folks lately have been advocating we adopt their tactics. So what you said sounded a lot like that. But I will say that there’s really not much we can do that will solve what happened in AZ. You get your day in court. You prove you were ****ed. Too bad. They can appeal. I’m sure they will. But a lot of voters were disenfranchised. And half of America laughs at them.
    If the AZ GOP had focused on a) early voting and b) ballot harvesting, then the Maricopa County board of elections shenanigans on election day would not have mattered.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    One thing is certain, our current laws in most states are not adequate for the levels of intensity there is today. In todays world of technology, communications, and money the laws are quite quaint. Take the Arizona gubernatorial race, it appears the law requires fraud intent beyond a reasonable doubt to do anything about it. Presenting the facts that marred the election do not even merit consideration of a remedy.

While I have not followed the AZ case closely it appears incompetent (or knowledgeable) actions caused incompatibility between custom printed ballots and printer settings. While not the only things questionable that occurred this seems to be the easiest to see. As I understand it, the laws don’t care if the shenanigans occurred unless there is an attached fraud.

So we have a SOS running for governor, an SOS that knows how things work and a has a SOS team that supports her, along with connections to the suppliers she hires to run the election. How unfortunate for republican candidates that coincidentally the printer/ballot issues occur in areas big for republicans.

As with obummer and the IRS targeting conservatives, do I believe there was a meeting where mr/mrs big laid out the diabolical plan? NO, I do not. But I do believe that foot soldiers know what can/needs to be done and execute it. It all can all be explained away to @jamil and @KLB as an accident by an incompetent printing company employee when brought to light.

In a world where BILLIONS are spent on presidential races and hundreds of millions of dollars are spent on gubernatorial and senatorial races it is beyond naive to believe that there are not forces manipulating that. Our laws are not adequate to address the current levels of election intensity…

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    One thing is certain, our current laws in most states are not adequate for the levels of intensity there is today. In todays world of technology, communications, and money the laws are quite quaint. Take the Arizona gubernatorial race, it appears the law requires fraud intent beyond a reasonable doubt to do anything about it. Presenting the facts that marred the election do not even merit consideration of a remedy.

While I have not followed the AZ case closely it appears incompetent (or knowledgeable) actions caused incompatibility between custom printed ballots and printer settings. While not the only things questionable that occurred this seems to be the easiest to see. As I understand it, the laws don’t care if the shenanigans occurred unless there is an attached fraud.

So we have a SOS running for governor, an SOS that knows how things work and a has a SOS team that supports her, along with connections to the suppliers she hires to run the election. How unfortunate for republican candidates that coincidentally the printer/ballot issues occur in areas big for republicans.

As with obummer and the IRS targeting conservatives, do I believe there was a meeting where mr/mrs big laid out the diabolical plan? NO, I do not. But I do believe that foot soldiers know what can/needs to be done and execute it. It all can all be explained away to @jamil and @KLB as an accident by an incompetent printing company employee when brought to light.

In a world where BILLIONS are spent on presidential races and hundreds of millions of dollars are spent on gubernatorial and senatorial races it is beyond naive to believe that there are not forces manipulating that. Our laws are not adequate to address the current levels of election intensity…
    WTF are you talking about dude. They brought out in court some pretty amazing things that happened, to which the other side admitted, other than intent. And about intent, there's only so far that claiming that they were incompetent can carry them. There's a limit to the credibility of that excuse. I think they reached it in court. I strongly suspect that it was not accidental, or can easily explain all the stacked errors by incompetence. And if it was, there's probably a good case that strategically hiring such incompetent people was intentional in itself.

But court cases where the power is against you isn't won with probabilities. There's either a smoking gun or not. And, if you'd have calmed down enough to listen to a lot of what I said after Trump's loss, you wouldn't be making it up now. You know, back when you were busy believing all the Kraken was about to manifest, you'd have heard me tell you something to the effect that it's one thing to suspect foul play and another to prove it in court. And without that you really don't have anything. And maybe not even standing.

But in this case, at least she had her 2 days in court, and they exposed some pretty astonishing things. For whatever good that does.

Top Bottom