Elon Musk Becomes Twitter’s Largest Shareholder…

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    I'm gonna remake a point GFGT did about “conservatives”. I don’t think that has a lot of meaning anymore. Status quo has now shifted to progressivism becoming main stream. What we think of as “conservative” is advocating that we go back to the traditional values we had in the last century. But there is no more conserving that because we’ve lost it. The world has moved on. Some of that is for the good, but the woke part is a sort of evil.

But the point I want to add to the ide of conservatism losing its meaning, is that we’re probably not gonna get that back and the number of people who even want it back dwindles. The tent needs to expand. America First principles I think is a better message than trying to conserve something that’s been out of the mainstream for maybe a decade.

The Republican party is the only party that can even give AF a home. The Democrat Party doesn’t want it. I think AF has to overcome the RNC. People like Mitch McConnell either need to get on board or join the Commie woke party.

I hate political parties. I hate the Democrat party. I hate the Republican Party. But in practical terms parties are a reality that just is. And it’s impractical to get any political goals achieved without them. The Republican Party needs to be the AF party. Not the conservative party. It needs to focus on that and not become like the TEA party which lost its primary focus after politicians figured out they could exploit it to push any political agenda on the right.
    My opinion is America First is a conservative value. It is what made this country great, and when we stopped looking out for our country we are where we are today.
    So I believe we need to go back to that.
    Americanism.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    This is great, IMO. Don't get me wrong, employers need to do certain things to keep employees happy and foster employee retention. That said, if you create an environment full of freebies that inspire your employees to sit in nap pods, or game rooms all day instead of working, you get a workforce that doesn't get the job done. Especially when you have a bloated workforce like Twitter did. That they're doing a better job with less than half the workers is extremely telling. My only fear is that normal employers start doing things like this, which would be a disaster. Most employers run short staffed (at least in IT related areas) and some only offer the absolute minimum in the way of benefits for the employees. Hopefully this will stay limited to the bloated tech industries in Sillycon Valley.
    I read an article the other day about a study that showed only 12% if workers are productive. If you figure out who those workers are and treat them right to retain them, why not get rid of the bloat?

But according to the World Economic Forum, the great resignation revolution is not over. Another 20% of the workforce is planning to quit. That sounds more like a goal rather than an observation. WEF does have an agenda after all. But maybe the dead wood will just quit on their own, especially when companies start removing the $20K coffee makers and nap rooms and wine bars.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    I'm gonna remake a point GFGT did about “conservatives”. I don’t think that has a lot of meaning anymore. Status quo has now shifted to progressivism becoming main stream. What we think of as “conservative” is advocating that we go back to the traditional values we had in the last century. But there is no more conserving that because we’ve lost it. The world has moved on. Some of that is for the good, but the woke part is a sort of evil.

But the point I want to add to the ide of conservatism losing its meaning, is that we’re probably not gonna get that back and the number of people who even want it back dwindles. The tent needs to expand. America First principles I think is a better message than trying to conserve something that’s been out of the mainstream for maybe a decade.

The Republican party is the only party that can even give AF a home. The Democrat Party doesn’t want it. I think AF has to overcome the RNC. People like Mitch McConnell either need to get on board or join the Commie woke party.

I hate political parties. I hate the Democrat party. I hate the Republican Party. But in practical terms parties are a reality that just is. And it’s impractical to get any political goals achieved without them. The Republican Party needs to be the AF party. Not the conservative party. It needs to focus on that and not become like the TEA party which lost its primary focus after politicians figured out they could exploit it to push any political agenda on the right.
    What does "America first" really even mean?

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    My opinion is America First is a conservative value. It is what made this country great, and when we stopped looking out for our country we are where we are today.
    So I believe we need to go back to that.
    Americanism.
    Point is we can’t conserve that. It’s already gone. Conservative now is conserving the left ideals that are now mainstream. AF is the values you’re talking about. It’s something we now have to advocate to achieve rather than conserve. Our opportunities to conserve those are gone. The opportunities we have now is to pursue them. The strategy is different now.. I don’t want to conserve status quo.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    What does "America first" really even mean?
    It means our leaders need to work for the people of the United States. That means secure borders. Fiscal responsibility. Maintaining a strong national defense, but while minding our own business in the world. That means protecting individual rights. That means upholding the rule of law. Not all inclusive but that’s what I think America First means.

Sounds like the platform of what people who still call themselves “conservatives” want. It’s just that it’s now something to strive fir rather than a mainstream goal to conserve.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    It means our leaders need to work for the people of the United States. That means secure borders. Fiscal responsibility. Maintaining a strong national defense, but while minding our own business in the world. That means protecting individual rights. That means upholding the rule of law. Not all inclusive but that’s what I think America First means.

Sounds like the platform of what people who still call themselves “conservatives” want. It’s just that it’s now something to strive fir rather than a mainstream goal to conserve.
    When was fiscal responsibility ever part of it? Sounds more like what you think it should be.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell

That’s reasonable. If that’s truly the consensus opinion, I can see why the democrats continually demonize it.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    When was fiscal responsibility ever part of it? Sounds more like what you think it should be.
    Have you ever heard of fiscally conservative? I get that in practice, fiscal responsibility just gets steamrolled. But a lot of Republicans still wrap their lips around “fiscally responsible” to get elected. If it’s a value that needs to be feigned to be electable to a large number of traditional conservatives, I think it’s more than just me who wants that.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    What's the difference between MAGA and America First?
    I think MAGA also encompasses Trump, which, per se, isn’t bad. It was a campaign slogan that was popular without really saying what made America great in the first place. AF doesn’t hitch its wagon to a oerson. It is what Inthinknare some core beliefs that what conservatives think they are, really are. Plus, AF is only two letters so easier to type on a phone with phat thumbs.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    I read an article the other day about a study that showed only 12% if workers are productive. If you figure out who those workers are and treat them right to retain them, why not get rid of the bloat?

But according to the World Economic Forum, the great resignation revolution is not over. Another 20% of the workforce is planning to quit. That sounds more like a goal rather than an observation. WEF does have an agenda after all. But maybe the dead wood will just quit on their own, especially when companies start removing the $20K coffee makers and nap rooms and wine bars.

Not sure I believe the 12% figure. I'd really like to know how they came up with it. I agree that every company has workers not doing their jobs, but I believe the key problem is that there are managers who aren't properly managing the day to day productivity, which leads to this issue.

Point is we can’t conserve that. It’s already gone. Conservative now is conserving the left ideals that are now mainstream. AF is the values you’re talking about. It’s something we now have to advocate to achieve rather than conserve. Our opportunities to conserve those are gone. The opportunities we have now is to pursue them. The strategy is different now.. I don’t want to conserve status quo.

I'm not sure I agree with that, but you're correct that it's a "messaging" problem. Conservative can go back to "conserve" whatever previous values made sense IMO, but if you want to be specific AF or MAGA or whatever label for putting America first and having values that align with Christian/conservative/constitutional values that built this country to be as great as it is.

jwamplerusa

High drag, low speed...
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 21, 2018
    Boone County

^^^ THIS ^^^ but I would replace America First with Constitutionalist. Functionally I believe to be the same thing, but with less wiggle room.

I write to both the National and State Republican Parties and consistently make the point, with specific references, that I will no longer vote for RINOs. I make it clear that I monitor voting patterns, and do not vote for those who consistently violate their oath's of office with their actions. (Looking at you Young)

A start would be to send a copy of the Constitution (all of it) to every residence in the nation, along with a simple challenge. Read it, and understand if you do not support every word, you should consider renunciation of your citizenship.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    ^^^ THIS ^^^ but I would replace America First with Constitutionalist. Functionally I believe to be the same thing, but with less wiggle room.

I write to both the National and State Republican Parties and consistently make the point, with specific references, that I will no longer vote for RINOs. I make it clear that I monitor voting patterns, and do not vote for those who consistently violate their oath's of office with their actions. (Looking at you Young)

A start would be to send a copy of the Constitution (all of it) to every residence in the nation, along with a simple challenge. Read it, and understand if you do not support every word, you should consider renunciation of your citizenship.

I agree. Constitution is what made America great and would be a better label IMO. Would have to add specific stuff to the platform around family and/or anything else not specifically spelled out in that great document.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Not sure I believe the 12% figure. I'd really like to know how they came up with it. I agree that every company has workers not doing their jobs, but I believe the key problem is that there are managers who aren't properly managing the day to day productivity, which leads to this issue.

I'm not sure I agree with that, but you're correct that it's a "messaging" problem. Conservative can go back to "conserve" whatever previous values made sense IMO, but if you want to be specific AF or MAGA or whatever label for putting America first and having values that align with Christian/conservative/constitutional values that built this country to be as great as it is.
    Well. Let’s talk about that. Part of the problem with the TEA Party was that Christian politicos made Christianity a necessary constituency of the TEA Party which originated around fiscal conservation. It was a big, nonpartisan tent at first. Then the tent got more monolithic. And on-religious people dropped support.

AF should be about the policies that serve Americans sustainably. I think that encompasses policies that prioritize individual liberty. So any religion or no religion, regardless, AF people support AF principals. Christians or people of any religion or no religion, as long as they support those principles are AF. If one must be Christian to be AF, then it will fizzle like the TEA Party did.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Well. Let’s talk about that. Part of the problem with the TEA Party was that Christian politicos made Christianity a necessary constituency of the TEA Party which originated around fiscal conservation. It was a big, nonpartisan tent at first. Then the tent got more monolithic. And on-religious people dropped support.

AF should be about the policies that serve Americans sustainably. I think that encompasses policies that prioritize individual liberty. So any religion or no religion, regardless, AF people support AF principals. Christians or people of any religion or no religion, as long as they support those principles are AF. If one must be Christian to be AF, then it will fizzle like the TEA Party did.

I agree that it shouldn't specify religion, just that it should use Christian/constitutional values. Our country is known for being free for practice whatever religion you want, or none and only the underlying values should be pushed. As you said, family, personal accountability, individual liberty, etc.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    Have you ever heard of fiscally conservative? I get that in practice, fiscal responsibility just gets steamrolled. But a lot of Republicans still wrap their lips around “fiscally responsible” to get elected. If it’s a value that needs to be feigned to be electable to a large number of traditional conservatives, I think it’s more than just me who wants that.
    You were talking about AF though.

edit: I see you are talking about what it should be, not what it has been.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County

So true. It was sad the way the Tea Party was co-opted.

Top Bottom