Elon Musk Becomes Twitter’s Largest Shareholder…

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    I think it is easy to make the argument. A president was silenced for political speech. That's pretty serious, in my book. I'm a little surprised you don't see the danger in this.
    The President was silenced? Really? Or was troll kicked of a social media platform?
    And are we really going to call what he was doing "political speech"?

The President has the WH website, news briefings, rallies, books, his favorite news channel, and a whole host of other platforms.

He's not even president anymore, but there's a whole lot of people that hear him.

jake blue

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 9, 2013
    Lebanon
    As the majority share holder does he have the ability to turn Twitter into a free speech platform?
    To be clear, Musk is not the majority shareholder, he's just the largest single shareholder. He still only holds less than 10% of the shares and I read somewhere he's prohibited by the FTC from acquiring more than 15%. Nevertheless, as this situation developed apparently yesterday he was given a seat on the board and THAT is how he'll influence the platform. So it seems he did buy his way in but I wonder how long it'll be before he gets kicked back out. He's got a track record for flaunting rules and given an 'in' will probably only embolden him to push the boundaries even further.

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    The President was silenced? Really? Or was troll kicked of a social media platform?
    And are we really going to call what he was doing "political speech"?

The President has the WH website, news briefings, rallies, books, his favorite news channel, and a whole host of other platforms.

He's not even president anymore, but there's a whole lot of people that hear him.
    Political speech or not, he's entitled to his opinion isn't he.

Chalky

Marksman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 30, 2019
    Central IN
    I have a twitter account and use it as a news & info feed. It's especially useful on things that aren't covered by mainstream media. Say college sports like wrestling, lacrosse and shooting sports. It depends on who you follow as to what you will see. It's up to the individual to determine and filter things out. Same major stories on TV and print show up on twitter from those same sources. There are lots of things I don't like about twitter but it can be just as valid as other news sources. Funny how people will say x is no good although I have never tried or used x. :)

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    I have a twitter account and use it as a news & info feed. It's especially useful on things that aren't covered by mainstream media. Say college sports like wrestling, lacrosse and shooting sports. It depends on who you follow as to what you will see. It's up to the individual to determine and filter things out. Same major stories on TV and print show up on twitter from those same sources. There are lots of things I don't like about twitter but it can be just as valid as other news sources. Funny how people will say x is no good although I have never tried or used x. :)
    This, .

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    This is pretty much my MO. I rarely post there.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom