Elon Musk Becomes Twitter’s Largest Shareholder…

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Danville
    My understanding is his shares are common stock so while 9% might make him the largest single shareholder it's still no majority. Common shareholders have little influence in the actual operation and policies of an organization. He'd have to secure a seat on a board of directors to have any direct influence on Twitter's policies.

There's also a complication that Musk likes to play fast and loose with SEC rules. He waited too long to file the reporting of the share purchase so now he can look forward to the purchase being scrutinized. At best he'll probably pay a (comparatively) small fine for not filing promptly but given his track record they may decide to levy a more severe penalty including making him give up the shares like they did with his own company, Tesla.
    Maybe he did it to fire a shot across their bow?

xwing

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 11, 2012
    Greene County
    It's a great hope that he can influence Twitter to actually allow free speech, instead of only allowing one side (the Dem talking point side) in each debate. I certainly don't agree with Mr. Musk about everything, but he certainly believes strongly in free speech.

Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Danville
    It's a great hope that he can influence Twitter to actually allow free speech, instead of only allowing one side (the Dem talking point side) in each debate. I certainly don't agree with Mr. Musk about everything, but he certainly believes strongly in free speech.
    And right now, when free speech is so threatened, we need more like him that put free speech above whatever political view they may hold.

cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    Look what a single tweet from Elon musk can do to the price of cryptocurrency. He has a huge footprint and what he says carries a lot of weight. Now that he owns such a big chunk of Twitter it makes you wonder what tweets might be coming and how they might affect the stock price. It’s no wonder some people are not happy. Elon, in my estimation, would gladly tank the stock price despite his substantial ownership to effect change on the “platform” known as Twitter.

Karl-just-Karl

Retired
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 5, 2014
    NE
    I don't know if I should be proud to have the opportunity or be ashamed of INGO since I am the first to mock the 29.6% of people that believe Twitter adheres to principles of free speech.

TFS.JPG

Really? 29.6% of respondents living in a shadow world of their own creation.:(

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    And right now, when free speech is so threatened, we need more like him that put free speech above whatever political view they may hold.
    so long as James Woods et al. are tweeting, it's really hard to make the claim that conservative voices are being silenced.

Here's an idea: we could just stop letting Twitter have such an influence on our lives.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    so long as James Woods et al. are tweeting, it's really hard to make the claim that conservative voices are being silenced.

Here's an idea: we could just stop letting Twitter have such an influence on our lives.

Rewritten for accuracy…

Here's an idea: we could just stop letting news have such an influence on our lives.

Yep, bury our heads in the sand…

Top Bottom