• ...and so much more!
  • JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Merrick Garland and the FBI are taking advantage of the fact that most Americans, like Jetta Knight, are ignorant and don't have a clue that most of what a President handles is classified, and the President is the ultimate classification/declassification authority, and scads of documents get routinely declassified and kept by Presidents for inclusion in their Presidential libraries, by agreement with the National Archives.
    thats-ignorant-michael.gif

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Well said. The anger level has gotten so high the main issue of why he had classified documents stashed in his home is getting ignored or people just don't want to see it and need an excuse to riot and go after law enforcement. I'm trying to reserve judgement until I see how it plays out.
    I honestly think his sycophants would defend him if the FBI found a dozen corpses in fresh dug graves at Mar-a-Lago.

I'd be upset, but I'm just ignorant about how many dead bodies a president handles.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 14, 2017
    Southern Indiana
    Trump's not going to be arrested.

He's not even going to be prosecuted.

Merrick Garland is simply going to empanel a Grand Jury of (mostly) black, (likely) Federal employee Obama-loving D.C. residents to return an indictment of Trump, for...something.

Then that indictment will just sit there and fester, while the primaries play out. Some states have laws on the books disallowing a candidate from appearing on a ballot if he/she is under indictment. Keeping Trump off the ballot in a handful of states prevents Trump from winning the GOP Primary.

This is a crass political move intended to change the results of a future election.

Merrick Garland and the FBI are taking advantage of the fact that most Americans, like Jetta Knight, are ignorant and don't have a clue that most of what a President handles is classified, and the President is the ultimate classification/declassification authority, and scads of documents get routinely declassified and kept by Presidents for inclusion in their Presidential libraries, by agreement with the National Archives.

The Chrysler 300-driving Obama-lovers on the forthcoming D.C. Grand Jury don't understand any of this, either. They don't need to, to play their useful role in this political electioneering game.
    Yes, most Presidents have classified (at one time) things in their libraries. However, those things go from the archives to the libraries according to policies and laws with no stops and storage in between. Trump could put the declassification talk to rest by just providing his paper trail of the documents he declassified, that is if there is one which is very doubtful. Remember when this first started, he went from denying they existed to oh yeah, they are declassified. Kind of like he was surprised the legal search (or break in as he put it) took place after one FBI visit to Mar-a-Lago and an ignored subpoena.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I honestly think his sycophants would defend him if the FBI found a dozen corpses in fresh dug graves at Mar-a-Lago.

I'd be upset, but I'm just ignorant about how many dead bodies a president handles.
    I don't think I'm defending Trump. To me this isn't even about him. It's that the administration looks to be weaponizing the administration's enforcement apparatus against political enemies. If Trump, or any elected official, abuses their authority criminally, yeah, they should be prosecuted. This? Given the authority of presidents to classify and declassify documents, and the quite vague authority given the FBI in the warrant, those ****ers were fishing.

Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010
    ...Trump could put the declassification talk to rest by just providing his paper trail of the documents he declassified...

No, he couldn't. His legal counsel will likely tell him to save any exculpatory evidence for the Grand Jury hearing. To show your cards sooner would just allow the jack-boots time to plan further fishing expeditions and more harassment.

NPR and the Blue Check Brigade aren't going to tell you this, but the courts are going to broadly respect the President's declassification powers, and Garland knows it. This is headed right to the Supreme Court, and Garland knows that, too. He is going to slow-walk this thing once the indictment is created, because the courts are going to whack his pee-pee right off as soon as this matter actually goes anywhere, and he knows it. The prosecution isn't the point, anyway. The indictment is. That's what keeps Trump off the ballot.

Time has proven Mitch McConnell acted presciently in keeping this ignominious, embittered eunuch off the Supreme Court.

Last edited:

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    I don't think I'm defending Trump. To me this isn't even about him. It's that the administration looks to be weaponizing the administration's enforcement apparatus against political enemies. If Trump, or any elected official, abuses their authority criminally, yeah, they should be prosecuted. This? Given the authority of presidents to classify and declassify documents, and the quite vague authority given the FBI in the warrant, those ****ers were fishing.
    Yeah, but you can't just do it my putting a Post-it note on a box, "I declassified this". That's not how it works; there's a process to be followed, and it clearly wasn't.

Now maybe it turns out to be much ado about nothing, but right now it stinks. And let's investigate.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Yeah, but you can't just do it my putting a Post-it note on a box, "I declassified this". That's not how it works; there's a process to be followed, and it clearly wasn't.

Now maybe it turns out to be much ado about nothing, but right now it stinks. And let's investigate.
    Dear npr rep, Let’s investigate the backlog of cases, HRC, Bidet, Obummer, then in turn we will get to trump...

firecadet613

Master
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   1
    Dec 24, 2012

Or did Trump follow the process to declassify by the orders weren't followed by those that process the declassification?

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 14, 2017
    Southern Indiana
    No, he couldn't. His legal counsel will likely tell him to save any exculpatory evidence for the Grand Jury hearing. To show your cards sooner would just allow the jack-boots time to plan further fishing expeditions and more harassment.

NPR and the Blue Check Brigade aren't going to tell you this, but the courts are going to broadly respect the President's declassification powers, and Garland knows it. This is headed right to the Supreme Court, and Garland knows that, too. He is going to slow-walk this thing once the indictment is created, because the courts are going to whack his pee-pee right off as soon as this matter actually goes anywhere, and he knows it. The prosecution isn't the point, anyway. The indictment is. That's what keeps Trump off the ballot.

Time has proven Mitch McConnell acted presciently in keeping this ignominious, embittered eunuch off the Supreme Court.
    I will agree that could be a defense for him. However, there is still a process, and it doesn't appear it was followed and pretty sure doesn't include stashing government property in your home. Time will tell.

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    Yes, most Presidents have classified (at one time) things in their libraries. However, those things go from the archives to the libraries according to policies and laws with no stops and storage in between. Trump could put the declassification talk to rest by just providing his paper trail of the documents he declassified, that is if there is one which is very doubtful. Remember when this first started, he went from denying they existed to oh yeah, they are declassified. Kind of like he was surprised the legal search (or break in as he put it) took place after one FBI visit to Mar-a-Lago and an ignored subpoena.
    Really? Are you sure about that?
    If you drove past this suburban building, you likely wouldn’t suspect it houses the classified and non-classified documents from Barack Obama’s eight years as president.

More than 20 truckloads of papers were brought from Washington, D.C. to this shuttered Plunkett furniture store in Hoffman Estates in early 2017.
    The documents won’t stay in Hoffman Estates forever. Under the digitizing plan, the National Archives will get custody of all the physical papers once they’ve been put online. The unclassified documents will go to a National Archives storage facility near Kansas City, Mo. and the classified ones will go back to Washington, D.C.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 14, 2017
    Southern Indiana

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    Interesting, learn something new all the time thanks. Still no excuse though taking and keeping classified documents at your home. Like I said time will tell.

"I see you are correct, and other presidents have done the same thing, but Trump should still be investigated and harrassed"

No wonder Romney's hold offices.

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    Interesting, learn something new all the time thanks. Still no excuse though taking and keeping classified documents at your home. Like I said time will tell.
    Once again, if they were still classified. They could have been declassified. They could also be copies of formerly classified documents from before they were declassified. In which case they wouldn't be classified or presidential records.

(2) The term "Presidential records" means documentary materials, or any reasonably segregable portion thereof, created or received by the President,
    (B) does not include any documentary materials that are (iv) extra copies of documents produced only for convenience of reference, when such copies are clearly so identified.

Not to mention that according to NARA he had been cooperating with them.

February 7, 2022, statement

In mid-January 2022, NARA arranged for the transport from the Trump Mar-a-Lago property in Florida to the National Archives of 15 boxes that contained Presidential records, following discussions with President Trump’s representatives in 2021. Former President Trump’s representatives have informed NARA that they are continuing to search for additional Presidential records that belong to the National Archives.

February 8, 2022, statement

Throughout the course of the last year, NARA obtained the cooperation of Trump representatives to locate Presidential records that had not been transferred to the National Archives at the end of the Trump administration. When a representative informed NARA in December 2021 that they had located some records, NARA arranged for them to be securely transported to Washington. NARA officials did not visit or "raid" the Mar-a-Lago property.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

Who made the process? Congress? The constitution?

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Top Bottom