• ...and so much more!
  • JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Odd thought here. The Chinese and Russians can’t conquer us. They know it. Best they can hope for is to sow disorder and chaos.

So dems weaponized the fbi and they end up arresting trump. Couple different second and third order effects/ scenarios are possible.

1. R’s take control back. Disband the fbi and create a new law arm prioritizing investigating dem corruption. If you told me that in 2000 I would say you were crazy but in 2022 it seems possible.

2. Trump and more republicans are arrested, ATF finally goes through with their threats because they aren’t scared of being held accountable to the constitution anymore. Attacks on feds like we saw yesterday become common. Gun owners/ republicans end up in a backed in corner situation.
    Our enemies are trying to sow disorder and chaos, so your solution is to disband LEO organizations and thumb your nose at the legal system, congress, et al? And you want to just give a pass to the guy that's shown he thinks he's above the law and tried to overturn an election?

You're worried about XXX, "because they aren’t scared of being held accountable to the constitution anymore", but again, you're backing the the guy that tried to overturn an election and hordes classified materials at his house?

Really?!

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Maybe you noticed. They didn't arrest her after having indisputable evidence that she committed many federal felonies. Just like Hunter Biden, where there is widespread indisputable evidence, yet the FBI and all the other alphabet agencies do nothing. When the federal government agencies only go after Republicans, it's pretty obvious.
    Are you serious? Do we need to start listing all the Democrats indicted on crimes?

Evidently you think it's ok that the FBI act in this completely partisan manner?
    How is serving a search warrant at a home where freakin' classified material is stashed partisan?

Right now, Donald Trump is on par, with Hillary - not charged with any crimes.

And let's ask the question - why isn't Hillary in jail? Donald J. Trump was at the very top of the FBI for four years. If he's so great, why didn't he get her locked up as promised?

And now Joe Biden is at the top. Incompetent, senile Joe. How is it that Corn Pop is so much more effective at controlling the FBI than the virile, powerful, huge-handed Donald?

And don't give me any crap about the Deep State. If that's a thing, why didn't Trump actually drain the swamp as he promised? And if he couldn't do it then, why should anyone think he can do in another term? He can't even keep the FBI out of his own mansion, so why should I vote for him a third time?

Here's a thought: If you take boxes and boxes of classified material, expect the FBI to take it back! It's not partisan, that's just how that works.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I can't imagine that even the current DOJ people would be THAT stupid! All every Republican candidate would have to do for a campaign ad is run that video.
    If they can be weaponized against Trump, why couldn't they be weaponized against Trump-endorsed candidates? If they're willing to go this far, what aren't they willing to do? Assuming that this is ******** partisan stuff, and not that Trump actually did anything that this action would be justified against him, in for a penny, in for a pound. I'm tired of being astonished about what they're willing to do. I think everything is on the table at this point.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Our enemies are trying to sow disorder and chaos, so your solution is to disband LEO organizations and thumb your nose at the legal system, congress, et al? And you want to just give a pass to the guy that's shown he thinks he's above the law and tried to overturn an election?

You're worried about XXX, "because they aren’t scared of being held accountable to the constitution anymore", but again, you're backing the the guy that tried to overturn an election and hordes classified materials at his house?

Really?!
    What a bunch of npr drivel…

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

Really?!
    I think the FBI should be broken apart and rebuilt from the ground up. This isn't thumbing my nose at the legal system, which has been around since well before the FBI formed. Congress had zip-point-**** to do with it. It's an administrative branch issue. The caveat here isn't thumbing noses or any such nonsense. I think the Federal government does need an investigatory organization. It's rebuilding the something else to not be worse than what we had in the first place.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Can anyone name one politician that was arrested on stage? Or at any rally? Or just arrested like any of us would be?
    Anyone remember that Chapelle Show episode where the drug dealer gets treated like a rich and powerful businessman?

No, presidents are pretty much the epitome of the rich and powerful and they don't get arrested like that. Starnes is pulling it out of his ***.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Can anyone name one politician that was arrested on stage? Or at any rally? Or just arrested like any of us would be?
    Anyone remember that Chapelle Show episode where the drug dealer gets treated like a rich and powerful businessman?

No, presidents are pretty much the epitome of the rich and powerful and they don't get arrested like that. Starnes is pulling it out of his ***.
    They also don't get their homes raided by the FBI either, but here we are.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    I think the FBI should be broken apart and rebuilt from the ground up. This isn't thumbing my nose at the legal system, which has been around since well before the FBI formed. Congress had zip-point-**** to do with it. It's an administrative branch issue. The caveat here isn't thumbing noses or any such nonsense. I think the Federal government does need an investigatory organization. It's rebuilding the something else to not be worse than what we had in the first place.
    Are you, Jamil, trying to tell me you think the FBI should not have searched Mar-a-Lago?
    Are you telling me the warrant was bogus politics?

We can discuss all sorts of what-ifs, but I'd rather stick to what actually happened.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Are you, Jamil, trying to tell me you think the FBI should not have searched Mar-a-Lago?

We can discuss all sorts of what-ifs, but I'd rather stick to what actually happened.
    Presidents keep stuff. Sometimes there are disputes about whether it's classified or not. When the records bureau has such disputes, they can work that out through the courts. An administration doesn't typically send the FBI after former presidents of the opposing party because it looks a lot like they're weaponizing it. Well, maybe not to NPR listeners.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Yeah, they do and you know it. And their businesses, and ...

Presidents? Now granted this is a first, but Trump has been in a lot of "firsts".
    That's what we're talking about here. Presidents. Low level politicians don't. Hillary didn't get raided, and they could have. This is unprecedented.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

Oh. And ***damn straight I'm saying the FBI should not have raided Mar-a-Lago. They would not have raided Obama if they'd thought he had classified documents. That would be worked out by the courts if anyone were to make issue of it at all.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Presidents keep stuff. Sometimes there are disputes about whether it's classified or not. When the records bureau has such disputes, they can work that out through the courts. An administration doesn't typically send the FBI after former presidents of the opposing party because it looks a lot like they're weaponizing it. Well, maybe not to NPR listeners.
    "Keep" ... it doesn't matter if you're president or not, there are very, very, specific rules about where that sort of documents can be kept. If I'm understanding it correctly, these are the sorts of documents that you can't even read in the Oval Office.

What I don't get is why we Republicans are so hellbent on defending him, time, and time again. We should move on - find another horse to hitch our wagon to, and let him swing for his crimes. We should have never bowed down to billionaire New York reality show pitchman.

And as a conservative American, I don't understand it at all: "The democrats are tearing down the Constitution and America! ... let me get my sledge hammer and sawzall and help!" I expect that from BigRed, but come'on...

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Oh. And ***damn straight I'm saying the FBI should not have raided Mar-a-Lago. They would not have raided Obama if they'd thought he had classified documents.
    If's and But's... we can theorized based on our preconceived notions and political viewpoints, but that's just opinion and conjecture.

That would be worked out by the courts if anyone were to make issue of it at all.
    And this is being worked out in courts, no? I mean a judge signed the warrant, the FBI now has the material to make a case. That's how it works; this is the justice system in action, as it should be.
    Oh. And ***damn straight I'm saying the FBI should not have raided Mar-a-Lago. They would not have raided Obama if they'd thought he had classified documents. That would be worked out by the courts if anyone were to make issue of it at all.
    Like I intimated, everything Trump does or is involved with somehow becomes unprecedented. When all the signs point in one direction...

And then what should they have done? Just called him up, "Hey Donald, we're sending a Uhaul down on Tuesday, can you be a peach and load up all the stuff you took that should have stayed?" Come'on, you're not that naive.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Are you serious? Do we need to start listing all the Democrats indicted on crimes?

How is serving a search warrant at a home where freakin' classified material is stashed partisan?

Right now, Donald Trump is on par, with Hillary - not charged with any crimes.

And let's ask the question - why isn't Hillary in jail? Donald J. Trump was at the very top of the FBI for four years. If he's so great, why didn't he get her locked up as promised?

And now Joe Biden is at the top. Incompetent, senile Joe. How is it that Corn Pop is so much more effective at controlling the FBI than the virile, powerful, huge-handed Donald?

And don't give me any crap about the Deep State. If that's a thing, why didn't Trump actually drain the swamp as he promised? And if he couldn't do it then, why should anyone think he can do in another term? He can't even keep the FBI out of his own mansion, so why should I vote for him a third time?

Here's a thought: If you take boxes and boxes of classified material, expect the FBI to take it back! It's not partisan, that's just how that works.
    No big name dems have gone down in years.

It is so cute you probably actually believe trump had control of the FBI. The same one that executed fraudulent FISA warrants?

Bidet cannot control his bowels, but his handlers can do a lot if things.

Here is a thought, why don’t you hold HRC accountable first then you might have a shred of credibility on this…

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    "Keep" ... it doesn't matter if you're president or not, there are very, very, specific rules about where that sort of documents can be kept. If I'm understanding it correctly, these are the sorts of documents that you can't even read in the Oval Office.

What I don't get is why we Republicans are so hellbent on defending him, time, and time again. We should move on - find another horse to hitch our wagon to, and let him swing for his crimes. We should have never bowed down to billionaire New York reality show pitchman.

And as a conservative American, I don't understand it at all: "The democrats are tearing down the Constitution and America! ... let me get my sledge hammer and sawzall and help!" I expect that from BigRed, but come'on...
    This shows how far you have moved from center…

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    I guess some people are ok with 4th amendment violations where a warrant that is basically general in nature and scope authorizing the FBI to take pretty much any scrap of paper, they came across in the hopes of gaining the fruits of some sort of crime.

This was nothing but a damn fishing expedition under the auspices of retrieving "classified" documents. Oh, and then there's the little tidbit about Trump attorneys being herded away and not being allowed to witness what was going on. with the search.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    We don't really know much about exactly what the documents are. We know what the extraordinarily broad warrant says they're looking for. We know some things about what FBI officials have said. It's unprecedented to raid a former president's residence. It's unprecedented because, in the interest of rule of law, the optics are bad, because it looks like it's for political purposes. This could have been handled through the courts.

I'm not hellbent on defending Trump. He claims the documents were declassified. They claim they weren't. I think the FBI let Hillary skate. It looks to me like the FBI is being weaponized against political enemies. But if Trump broke the law, let's apply the law evenly. If we're all equal before the law, let's send the FBI after Hillary. After the Bidens. The Pelosi's. Hell. Even send them after Mitch McConnell. I don't know if he broke any laws, but arrest that mother****er just for looking odd. Just show actual impartiality.

Wait. So saying that we should gut the FBI and rebuild them into an organization that upholds the rule of law, not just for their political enemies, but across the board, is tearing down the constitution? Do you not get why people get cross with you? The FBI was not formed by the constitution. If an administration can create it, an administration can reform or even remove it. I welcome an America-first president to appoint a AG who will gut and reform the FBI. And while this president is at it. Gut the IRS. Gut the department of education. Gut the department of homeland security. Whittle down DoS, and DoD. Gut it. And you think that's tearing down the Constitution and America? I think those institutions are tearing down the Constitution and America.

:faint:

Last edited:
    Top Bottom