• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • chadm

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 30, 2016
    West side of Indy
    Am I the only one who does this? Those mags are stacked two deep, and I have six or seven more not in that box.

View attachment 344738
    I feel like I’m hearing Celine Dion singing “you are not alone, I am here with you”.

I have a minimum of 10 mags for all of my favorite guns. But if we’re talking Glock 17 round mags, I have 40 or 50 of them. $19.99 is such a great price for reliable mags.

And I love loading things up before I go to the range, so my 1 hour of range time is 1 hour of range time, and not 48 minutes of me loading mags.

1712282003255.jpeg
    1712282059929.jpeg

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    My rule is minimum five mags per handgun and 10 mags per rifle. Of course, for the CZ75 and Glock 17, that handgun mag number is doubled.
    Reason I go six is if the firearm you have goes our of production and many years later a magazine part goes bad you'll have several left and you can save the bad ones for parts in the future. I'm thinking of some of the Gen 3 S&W semiautomatics.
    It's getting hard to find magazines for them nowadays. I'm sure there are other handguns that fit that category as well like surplus foreign military handguns magazines are getting harder to find as well.

Amishman44

Master
    Rating - 98%
    49   1   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Woodburn
    I keep a minimum of five (5) magazines per pistol loaded and accessible, for each pistol in the carry rotation...which is usually three (3) pistols. The bed stand pistol has a magazine in the pistol, a second beside it, and the remaining three (3) magazines in the top drawer. The AR pistol, mounted in the closet, has five (5) x 20-round magazines with it.
    Currently live in a more rural area and don't feel all that's really necessary, like it was when I lived in the Fort, but old habits die hard and consistency matters!

Wabatuckian

Smith-Sights.com
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 9, 2008
    Wabash
    Whats the reason for keeping them loaded?

It won't hurt them, and I had this idea once that I was going to store all the rounds I was reloading, in magazines ready to go.

I realized that wasn't practical after I got an auto-indexing turret press with which to do my handgun ammo, but this was the start.

Top Bottom