• ...and so much more!
  • jhopson

Plinker
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 4, 2018
    Trafalgar
    I am thinking about selling my Dillon 1050 with 9mm conversion and Dillon 9mm dies. What would be a fair price? Not $100.00….lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    Good rule of thumb on a Dillon is 80% of new. The 1050 might not follow this trend because it doesn’t have the lifetime warranty.

JeepHammer

SHOOTER
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 2, 2018
    SW Indiana
    I just bought a very gently used 1050 in 9mm, pretty much factory new for $500 locally, and this is the second one I've run into for $500 in the past 10 years or so.

Both were bought, cranked out a few thousand rounds, and the guys lost interest.

If I don't see it before hand, I don't buy it.
    Too many ammo hacks using them for case reconditioning at way too high of speed and way too little lube,
    And Dillon doesn't have a lifetime warranty on black machines, so rebuild with replacement parts can cost as much as a new machine, plus your original purchase price.

I'm seeing GOOD machines in the $1,000-$1,200 range fairly regularly where they used to sell at nearly new price.
    (Component shortages + economic down turn)

I didn't need the machine I just bought, but couldn't make myself walk past it.
    There is a brand new 650 under my bench, still in the box I bought this way, and now it's going to get a greased up 1050 sitting next to it, just because I can't keep myself from impulse buying...
    I don't have anyplace to mount either of them even if I just wanted to look at them.
    (Stupid me?)

JeepHammer

SHOOTER
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 2, 2018
    SW Indiana
    I don't think I could walk by a nice 1050 for $500, so don't feel bad.

I'm not sure my wife would agree but I couldn't do it. ;)

A guy cleaning out a rental house found a super 1050 a few years back and wanted $500 for it, so I bought that one also.
    It had extras like lube kit, second caliber and I ran off with it grinning like a little girl! :)

*IF* I were in the market for another one, I would pay $1,000 for gently used, maybe more...
    I think the first two I bought new I paid around $1,800 for, it's been a while so I'm not entirely sure now, but it was around that.

I simply haven't found a progressive that does a better job than a Super 1050 short of a $35,000 to $50,000 Camdex machine.
    Camdex is a huge commitment, including big air compressor, dedicated power (240V), and comes with a HUGE learning curve, but it will reliably crank out brass/ammo at 3,000-3,300/hour.

Super 1050 will do just as good a job (properly tuned) at about 1/3 the rate of Camdex, and do it just over $2,000.

I can't stress enough GENTLY USED!
    Hack/Fly-By-Night processors run these things at 3,000+/hour and simply don't lubricate...
    Then dump them on the used market, so have a look before you buy!
    I made that mistake, by the time Dillon looked it over and made a parts/price list to bring it back into specification, with the purchase price it was going to be more than buying new...

Buying from a home reloader (like the original poster) they have years of common use left in them even when you crank out a bunch of ammo.

Motor driven WAY too fast, combined with stop limits misadjusted and little lubrication/maintenance will wear one quickly, a guy on the handle won't do this.

Just my experience, use it if you can...

Last edited:
    Top Bottom