• ...and so much more!
  • jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Oh there is no doubt that if he wants to save face and look ahead to 2028 his best move would be to drop out graciously and endorse Trump like Vivek did after his mistake of getting "cute" with Trump.
    I dunno though. I think DeSantis can have some unpredictable behaviors. He'll drop out. Probably endorse Trump. Don't know how graciously. :):

Super Bee

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 2, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    The writing was on the wall after Iowa. He put everything into that state and came up short.

No, he did not have the flash or the clever nicknames but he has done an outstanding job with Florida. Sucks. We had a good man who knows how to govern and we told him to **** off.

Time to hold the nose . . . again.

Ziggidy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 7, 2018
    Ziggidyville
    The writing was on the wall after Iowa. He put everything into that state and came up short.

No, he did not have the flash or the clever nicknames but he has done an outstanding job with Florida. Sucks. We had a good man who knows how to govern and we told him to **** off.

Time to hold the nose . . . again.
    If he plays it right he’ll have another chance. This wasn’t the right time.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    He should stay in and be attacking Haley every chance he gets. Become a Vivek to show people he has the gonads to go after democrats and expose truths. When Trump is no longer in danger, he should put his support towards Trump; and he will pave a good solid path to 2028. Don’t whittle down now.
    He's done having a bully pulpit in '26. By '28 it will be 'Ron who?'

INPatriot

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    God's Country
    Hindsight has a way of making opinions look cute, but these have been my feelings since he was the only Republican to have a true red wave in the 2022 election.

DeSantis has more executive success to run on than any politician in the nation.

He should have stayed put and not listened to donors trying put a bug in his ear and court him. If he stayed put and finished his second term as Governor he could have been a good soldier in the 2024 Campaign and strategically positioned himself to be the front runner for the 2028 Campaign.

Trump is not selecting a VP, he's selecting the successor of the America First Agenda and Vivek has positioned himself to be at the head of the line, though I do feel Kristi Noem is suitable for the job.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Rep. Matt Gaetz (R-Fla.) said he would welcome DeSantis back into the Trump orbit. I guess the only thing that really matters though is if Trump would do the same.

I would say it all depends on how much DeSantis makes an effort to return. it will be interesting to see Trump's response to the news.

“I remember the good old days when I was Ron DeSantis’s transition chairman and he and President Trump worked so well together,” Gatez, a top surrogate to Trump, told supporters.

“I hate when mom and dad fight,” he continued, receiving laughs from the crowd. “It turns out we might get Ron DeSantis back on side pretty soon and I would welcome that,” he said to applause.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Rep. Matt Gaetz (R-Fla.) said he would welcome DeSantis back into the Trump orbit. I guess the only thing that really matters though is if Trump would do the same. I would say it all depends on how much DeSantis would want to make an effort to return. it will be interesting to see Trump's response to the news.

“I remember the good old days when I was Ron DeSantis’s transition chairman and he and President Trump worked so well together,” Gatez, a top surrogate to Trump, told supporters.

“I hate when mom and dad fight,” he continued, receiving laughs from the crowd. “It turns out we might get Ron DeSantis back on side pretty soon and I would welcome that,” he said to applause.
    Is Gaetz the gatekeeper to kiss the as… errr… ring?

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Gaetz just wants to see mom and daddy back together again. So they can all go to Chuck-E-Cheese and celebrate.

1705872859694.png

Last edited:

HoosierLife

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 8, 2013
    Greenwood
    Hindsight has a way of making opinions look cute, but these have been my feelings since he was the only Republican to have a true red wave in the 2022 election.

DeSantis has more executive success to run on than any politician in the nation.

He should have stayed put and not listened to donors trying put a bug in his ear and court him. If he stayed put and finished his second term as Governor he could have been a good soldier in the 2024 Campaign and strategically positioned himself to be the front runner for the 2028 Campaign.

Trump is not selecting a VP, he's selecting the successor of the America First Agenda and Vivek has positioned himself to be at the head of the line, though I do feel Kristi Noem is suitable for the job.
    Sounds like Noem has some skeletons in her closet.

Just like most politicians.

Problem is we knew who Trump was when he ran and we voted for him anyway.

No life long politician governor is going to get that kinda pass from many conservatives.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Sounds like Noem has some skeletons in her closet.

Just like most politicians.

Problem is we knew who Trump was when he ran and we voted for him anyway.

No life long politician governor is going to get that kinda pass from many conservatives.
    Trump just has a big enough personality, and can gain enough loyalty, that he can kinda get away with it.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009

First response.

Very honored to have his endorsement," Trump told Fox News Digital. "I look forward to working together with him to beat Joe Biden, who is the worst and most corrupt president in the history of our country."

Mr Trump’s campaign said: “With only a few days left until President Donald J. Trump’s victory in New Hampshire, we are honored by the endorsement from Governor Ron DeSantis and so many other former presidential candidates.

“It is now time for all Republicans to rally behind President Trump to defeat Crooked Joe Biden and end his disastrous presidency.”

Last edited:

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    Well, I guess that means Desantis anticipates Trump still being alive, well, and in the race in November.

Top Bottom