• GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    A lot of people including many of DeSantis’s supporters say he should drop out. I think as long as Haley stays in the race, as long as he’s competitive with her on delegates, he should stay in the race.

If they somehow took Trump off the board, they’d have a hard time justifying installing Haley. That’s not what Republicans typically do overtly.
    The system seems to always get its man.

edporch

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Oct 19, 2010
    Indianapolis
    A lot of people including many of DeSantis’s supporters say he should drop out. I think as long as Haley stays in the race, as long as he’s competitive with her on delegates, he should stay in the race.

If they somehow took Trump off the board, they’d have a hard time justifying installing Haley. That’s not what Republicans typically do overtly. If DeSantis has more delegates…let’s say I’d rather it be DeSantis than Haley. If the GOP stays fair, neither Haley nor DeSantis have a a chance. These days I don’t trust the GOP to play nice.
    Yes, Haley would be a disaster if somehow Trump gets taken out.
    DeSantis is the only alternative to Trump and should stay in it as at least a backup nominee.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    I'd kinda like to see DeSantis stay in as a spoiler to Haley. Then when she drops out, he drops out.
    His donors were already getting antsy, and its possible some of them were ABTs and see Haley as a better avenue to stop Trump and as someone who will play ball

I don't think he has the resources to stay in. He shot the wad in Iowa

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    His donors were already getting antsy, and its possible some of them were ABTs and see Haley as a better avenue to stop Trump and as someone who will play ball

I don't think he has the resources to stay in. He shot the wad in Iowa
    No. There were reports that his own donors were trying to get him to quit so it’s only a matter of time.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    If he is dropping out, it will be interesting to see where his support goes

That will show if they backed him because he was a 'kinder, gentler Trump' or because they hoped he could stop Trump
    I think that DeSantis’s AF supporters have already peeled off. He’s been hovering around 10% nationwide RCP. I think most of what’s left will go to Haley.

edporch

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Oct 19, 2010
    Indianapolis
    I'd kinda like to see DeSantis stay in as a spoiler to Haley. Then when she drops out, he drops out.
    I'd like to see DeSantis stay in as a backup in case the Democrats somehow gain "traction" in railroading Trump out.

Regardless of Trump's MO of trashing his opponent's reputations as a campaign strategy, DeSantis would make a good President too.
    I'd vote for either one of them in November.

What I don't want to see is Haley, a Democrat's Republican, end up being the candidate in November.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    I'm getting the vibe that many would not have as much of a problem with DeSantis if Trump was not running. I've heard it from several here before that they don't dislike DeSantis and what he stands for per se and that he had the makings for a good POTUS But It's just not his time now.

Also the honest ones are able to acknowledge without the need for narcissistic comparisons the successful accomplishments he had in Fla. during his first term as Governor which led to his substantial reelection in 2022.

Now that might not be good enough for their standards, but it was still undeniable nonetheless to those that are dealing in honesty.

Apparently, that's what DeSantis claims he is hearing out on the campaign trail as well.

DeSantis has in recent days dwelt publicly on the sentiment among Trump supporters he met on the campaign trail, and their pledge to vote for him in the next cycle.

Speaking on Tuesday in South Carolina, DeSantis said that Trump voters in Iowa had told him they would support him in four years.

'They were coming up to me saying, "We want you in 2028, we love you, man," he said.

He told a similar story on NBC News.

'I had people come up to me saying, "I love you, man. I'm going to do Trump this time and you next time,"' he said.

'That's not what I wanted to hear, but being there we did make an impression and it's important.'

He was also willing to concede his campaign strategy was perhaps flawed,

"He admitted to Hewitt that perhaps his campaign strategy had been flawed and conceded that Trump's strategy was a successful one."

'Clearly, when you win Iowa by the amount he did, that's what you want to be doing if you're going to win the nomination,' he said.

Last edited:

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I'm getting the vibe that many would not have as much of a problem with DeSantis if Trump was not running. I've heard it from several here before that they don't dislike DeSantis and what he stands for per se and the honest ones are able to acknowledge without narcissistic comparisons the successful accomplishments he had in Fla. during his first term as Governor which led to his substantial reelection in 2022.

Now that might not be good enough for their standards, but it was still undeniable nonetheless to those that are dealing in honesty.

But It's just not his time now.

Apparently, that's what DeSantis claims he is hearing out on the campaign trail as well.

DeSantis has in recent days dwelt publicly on the sentiment among Trump supporters he met on the campaign trail, and their pledge to vote for him in the next cycle.

Speaking on Tuesday in South Carolina, DeSantis said that Trump voters in Iowa had told him they would support him in four years.

'They were coming up to me saying, "We want you in 2028, we love you, man," he said.

He told a similar story on NBC News.

'I had people come up to me saying, "I love you, man. I'm going to do Trump this time and you next time,"' he said.

'That's not what I wanted to hear, but being there we did make an impression and it's important.'

He was also willing to concede his campaign strategy was perhaps flawed,

"He admitted to Hewitt that perhaps his campaign strategy had been flawed and conceded that Trump's strategy was a successful one."

'Clearly, when you win Iowa by the amount he did, that's what you want to be doing if you're going to win the nomination,' he said.
    I dunno man. Some people are severely offended that DeSantis dared to run this time. They see it as a betrayal of Trump. I think those people carry a grudge. But I think those people are few. DeSantis could probably be successful in 2028. Ramaswamy would probably give him a good run for his money. Who knows if there'll even be a 2028 general election in the US. We might all be eating bugs by then.

Last edited:

Ziggidy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 7, 2018
    Ziggidyville
    He should stay in and be attacking Haley every chance he gets. Become a Vivek to show people he has the gonads to go after democrats and expose truths. When Trump is no longer in danger, he should put his support towards Trump; and he will pave a good solid path to 2028. Don’t whittle down now.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    It's looking like his next move is to drop out. I expect him to endorse Trump. Which, regardless of his true feelings, he has to do if he's gonna make a run in 2028.
    Oh there is no doubt that if he wants to save face and look ahead to 2028 his best move would be to drop out graciously and endorse Trump like Vivek did after his mistake of getting "cute" with Trump.

Top Bottom