• ...and so much more!
  • JAL

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2017
    Indiana
    Normal Presidential Cabinet Meeting Cadence:
    As a comparator, the normal Presidential Cabinet Meeting cadence is once a week -- very occasionally skipping a week, but not often. That lines up with military Command and Staff Meetings with the immediate subordinate commanders and the unit's staff officers when in garrison. When operationally deployed, it's a daily event for situation reports, updates, warning orders (a heads up an op order is coming), operations orders, etc, albeit usually not as long. Three months without one is unheard of. Likely one for the Guinness Book of World Records.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Here is another way to look at it: he is irrelevant. He is just a figurehead diversity hire meant to fill a chair for photo opportunities. The people actually running the show are still at the controls, doing what they have always done. Think of Governor Lepetomane in "Blazing Saddles."
    Like Biden.

JAL

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2017
    Indiana

I saw this on Fox and the White House Briefing YouTube Channel (where you can see full briefings, vs sound bites). Brutally blunt barely captures the nature of it . . . and it was the poignant credulity/veracity question that needed to be asked . . . likely going through almost every other reporter's mind in the room, but they weren't going to ask.

Last edited:

Libertarian01

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    When I first read this I thought it was all overblown. OF COURSE I don't want our nations enemies knowing the times or details of the Secretary of Defense being put in a vulnerable position. That would be stupid. Maybe I'm setting the bar too high for government...?:dunno:

Now, in decency to the gentleman and his family I don't care what party he belongs to, he is fighting prostate cancer and all the best to him. From the posted timeline I am guessing that he went in for a procedure and when he got out he had complications that required his re-admittance. It is also reasonable to guess that this wasn't expected and so no one notified the chain of command. A likely oversight.

There should be a light investigation to see if this was just human error or policy oversight. I'm guessing a judgement error that whomever was supposed to report this didn't think he'd be in that long but, oops.

Regards and Happy New Year,

Doug

Shadow01

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2011
    WCIn
    Think about this and the Sec. Austin story. Still not sure why we aren't turning the launch sites into rubble.

1 nuke to Yemen and the world would do nothing but cry and stand with their mouth agape. Remember we are the only nation crazy enough to use not 1 but 2 atomic bombs. Maybe the world needs to think we are still that crazy.

Top Bottom