• ...and so much more!
  • chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    I know someone who had a severe reaction to the covid shot.

On its own, it’s an anecdote. When many of the same anecdotes are collected together, those plural anecdotes become data. Even if it’s only two of the same anecdotes among millions, it’s still data. Just statistically insignificant.

The thing about whether the plural of anecdotes is informative depends pretty heavily on the numerator and denominator. I think when you say the plural of anecdote is not data, you’re trying to say it’s not necessarily informative data.
    Yes, if I were being precise instead of pithy, I'd say, "the plural of anecdote is not information."

Ziggidy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 7, 2018
    Ziggidyville
    This

thread will live until there’s no more clock flipping to hate. Or it gets too close to 5000 posts. Speaking of, we’re getting pretty close. It’s kinda over for this season. Maybe we should give it a rest and get another season out of it.
    We should try to reach 5K now; I’d hate to have to start a new on in the middle of a DST episode.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Yes, if I were being precise instead of pithy, I'd say, "the plural of anecdote is not information."
    Then are you not concluding that VAERS 'data' is not 'information'

In situations where anecdotal 'data' is the best you can get I think it qualifies as data, like when a plane crashes with no survivors and no CVR or FDR

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    The other day when I stood up from the dinner table around 6:00, my wife said, the lawn looks like it could be mowed. Looked at my watch. Yeah, I got time before sunset. Got it all mowed well before it got too dark.

Loves me some DST!!! Wish we were on it year round so we wouldn't have to keep clock flippin!

jkaetz

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Nope! I’ll be here hating that I lost my evening light. Glad you see it is a hate…
    We have reached the point where an array of LEDs can practically replicate the sun for a defined space. You are welcome to get one of these fine inventions and let the rest of us sleep.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    We have reached the point where an array of LEDs can practically replicate the sun for a defined space. You are welcome to get one of these fine inventions and let the rest of us sleep.
    I feel sorry for folks that have no use for an additional hour of light after work, even if it is just mowing as @jamil did. The added hassle of lighting and the reduced temperatures make many things unappealing after dark, no matter what time it is.

Can I mushroom hunt by flashlight? Sure. Things like bike riding and golf not easy in the dark. Also not easy to work around the place whether a house, mini farm or acreage. Then there are the service business that come after I get home from work. I am not meeting them before work and most know the noise ordnances apply 8am-8pm, so that 6am light is wasted on me.

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    I feel sorry for folks that have no use for an additional hour of light after work, even if it is just mowing as @jamil did. The added hassle of lighting and the reduced temperatures make many things unappealing after dark, no matter what time it is.

Can I mushroom hunt by flashlight? Sure. Things like bike riding and golf not easy in the dark. Also not easy to work around the place whether a house, mini farm or acreage. Then there are the service business that come after I get home from work. I am not meeting them before work and most know the noise ordnances apply 8am-8pm, so that 6am light is wasted on me.

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    My balls are normal, I do want to know what one does that has three of them glowing different colors. I am fairly certain that it did involve Tiffany, strippers, redheads or a hairdresser…
    Golf course by the house used to have night golf. Its actually a lot of fun.

They also do a winter game. Its not as fun

Top Bottom