• ...and so much more!
  • jkaetz

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Indianapolis
    A big thanks to @indiucky .

This how it used to be when Indiana went it alone. We were at a different time relative to the rest of the country half the year. Nobody could remember what time it was here…

View attachment 340059
    To be fair, this was before widespread use of devices that could schedule things across time zones. With the proliferation of remote work and shared calendars this is largely a non-issue.

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.
    To be fair, this was before widespread use of devices that could schedule things across time zones. With the proliferation of remote work and shared calendars this is largely a non-issue.
    And this was the basis on which Mitch got it pushed through.

I’m convinced it was more for increased state tax revenue, when you see people hanging out at the ice cream shop at 10:30 at night and things like that it has to be a huge boost.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    The whole article claims that the one-hour time change is detrimental, but the next to last line says, "For something as insignificant as a one-hour time change?" Is it detrimental or insignificant?

Every Sunday I get up an hour earlier than my regular time, so that I can get to church on time. If I am tired in the afternoon I take a nap. It does not take several days to recover.
    Filed under: Straw Man.

You go back to your normal routine on Monday. So, you have no idea how long it might take to adjust your circadian rhythm for a semi-permanent change.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    You do not turn on any lights in your house after sunset, regardless of the time of year? If you drive at night, you do not want any streetlights and do not use your headlights?
    I avoid as much artificial light after sunset as I can, yes.

When I'm driving, I'm (hopefully) not trying to sleep. So: yet another Straw Man.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    So there obviously must be enough support to pass it and extend it or it would not have happened. Even if corporate supporters want it for something like this, that directly impacts people, there usually is some support from the people.

It is laughable how INGO is such a pocket of anti DST and just cannot believe a lot of others love it.
    I didn't realize that the YouGov survey you posted/discussed, in which, by 61% to 21%, respondents were in favor of stopping, rather than continuing, the practice of changing clocks, merely polled INGOers.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    The polls are jokes. They never ask questions in fairly. They ask stupid questions like do you want to keep changing clocks, like changing clocks is the purpose. Never seen a question like this: I would prefer to have an extra hour of sunlight in the morning or in the evening? I would prefer to not change clocks and have sunrise at 9:30 am in December and January?
    Including the one that you posted/linked?

Also, how is it unfairly asked: "are you in favor of stopping or continuing the practice of changing clocks twice a year?" :rolleyes:

Top Bottom