T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    263   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    Morning

I noticed with the new site that you can easily look through all of your old threads. Just took a brief trip down memory lane back to February of 2011. It was interesting. Didn't realize it had been quite that long ago on some of the things I once owned. :oldwise:

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    263   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    There's a strong chance the only gun I purchase in 2021 is a Ruger Wrangler. I'm not seeing the ammo situation improving for a long time. Prices are continuing to increase online. I think I will do a full inventory count on my ammo. Then go through and deep clean all of my guns & suppressors. Focus on shooting 22 for as long as needed. Not sure if I'll do any IDPA matches at Antwerp this year. They do a low round count of less than 100rds per monthly event, but even that would put me shooting up over 500 rounds of 9mm this year. I know this sounds stupid, but I don't want to have to buy any centerfire ammo right now. I have enough inventory to last an entire 4 year term if needed, but I have to manage round counts per year to do so.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    There's a strong chance the only gun I purchase in 2021 is a Ruger Wrangler. I'm not seeing the ammo situation improving for a long time. Prices are continuing to increase online. I think I will do a full inventory count on my ammo. Then go through and deep clean all of my guns & suppressors. Focus on shooting 22 for as long as needed. Not sure if I'll do any IDPA matches at Antwerp this year. They do a low round count of less than 100rds per monthly event, but even that would put me shooting up over 500 rounds of 9mm this year. I know this sounds stupid, but I don't want to have to buy any centerfire ammo right now. I have enough inventory to last an entire 4 year term if needed, but I have to manage round counts per year to do so.

Yep, one of the biggest reasons I'm as into rimfire as I am right now. I have a decent stockpile of .22 ammo and have plenty of handguns and rifles to shoot it all up.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Yep, when my son was in over the holiday we went to the range, but I only took the 22 handguns for this very reason. I have 9mm, but being very conservative with it until I can start replacing what I would shoot.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    @WebSnyper If you wanted to get together, I can bring it along, and you can try the Scorpion out.

Again, I enjoy shooting it. The only gun I enjoy shooting more is the Sig 1911-22 that have.

Thanks Haven. I wouldn't want to burn up too much 9mm currently, and I'm staying pretty low contact. I appreciate the offer, and may take you up on that at some future date/time if the offer is still open at that time.

I am interested in what brace, etc you may have on yours. Thanks again

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    263   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    I'll add to the previous statements about shooting 22. I know it isn't the coolest or baddest a$$ thing to shoot, but shooting 22 stuff at least keeps me interested in firearms. If I stop shooting altogether, my interest will fade, my skills will diminish and the likelihood of wanting to purge the majority of my inventory will increase. So, I'd rather keep myself interested & entertained with 22, while still keeping my feet in the water and hope for the future of our country to improve.

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    Morning folks! :coffee:

It may be a while before I get back to the 13k a year point in shooting. Now is the time to enjoy a good .22 bolt gun

I recall you recently setting a goal to REACH a certain number of rounds downrange; the opposite may become true for a while.

My intent is to shot 22 and get the precision game back to form. So far, I have not seen a range in 2021.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom