Not open for further replies.

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    I'll add to the previous statements about shooting 22. I know it isn't the coolest or baddest a$$ thing to shoot, but shooting 22 stuff at least keeps me interested in firearms. If I stop shooting altogether, my interest will fade, my skills will diminish and the likelihood of wanting to purge the majority of my inventory will increase. So, I'd rather keep myself interested & entertained with 22, while still keeping my feet in the water and hope for the future of our country to improve.

Why are you standing in water? Its winter?

Benp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 19, 2017
    Avon
    Morning all!
    I think we are going to see a short term that will be similar to riding in a vehicle with trash in the gas tank. I think the second act will be similar to the queen of hearts in Alice in Wonderland.

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    I agree with the emphasis on .22 shooting.....as much as that pains me. :runaway:

Spicy.....don't get me wrong, as I really like my Wrangler.... but mine is shooting low&left (about 4"). Yes. I know that's where typical bad trigger habits will put the bullet. However, both Tarzan and I shot it (including from a bag-rest), and that's where the bullets landed....every time. With the sighs on the Wrangler, that might not be easy to correct (it also may vary in each copy, of course).
    Tarzan said that I should just compensate by purposely aiming high&right...and being he's a pro-level shooter, I bet that he's correct.

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    263   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    I agree with the emphasis on .22 shooting.....as much as that pains me. :runaway:

Spicy.....don't get me wrong, as I really like my Wrangler.... but mine is shooting low&left (about 4"). Yes. I know that's where typical bad trigger habits will put the bullet. However, both Tarzan and I shot it (including from a bag-rest), and that's where the bullets landed....every time. With the sighs on the Wrangler, that might not be easy to correct (it also may vary in each copy, of course).
    Tarzan said that I should just compensate by purposely aiming high&right...and being he's a pro-level shooter, I bet that he's correct.
    Me personally, I can't stand a gun that doesn't shoot where I aim, assuming I'm using the sights correctly.

My H&R .22 revolver shot WAY low. It had a very tall front sight. I filed down the height a little at a time while at the range until it shot where I wanted it with standard velocity ammo.

I think I remember watching a video, possibly 22plinkster, where he mentioned his Wrangler shooting left?

You could bend the front sight slightly for windage. It's only a $200 gun. Or call Ruger and discuss?

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    That does make me nervous about that gun now. It’s next on my “want” list. Because it’s cheap and from a company like Ruger. I expect it to be a “cheap” gun, but I also expect it to shoot where aimed... Hmmmm.

Haven

Network Warlord
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 6, 2016
    Camby Area
    Thanks Haven. I wouldn't want to burn up too much 9mm currently, and I'm staying pretty low contact. I appreciate the offer, and may take you up on that at some future date/time if the offer is still open at that time.

I am interested in what brace, etc you may have on yours. Thanks again
    Sure no problem. I fully understand.

As far as a brace, it has the factory default SB Tactical brace (SB3?). I like the thought of the one that slides closed, but this flip out one works pretty well.

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    That is good news, sort of. Hopefully it is something mild, like strep.

Flu and Strep test negative. Still has fever. He has a “bug” of some kind.

Rest and fluids.

Exactly what we would have done pre
    Covid without a three hour excursion to and from a doctors office...

I have followed the orders of the government and meet my obligations as a sheep. Now back to work...

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    Me personally, I can't stand a gun that doesn't shoot where I aim, assuming I'm using the sights correctly.

My H&R .22 revolver shot WAY low. It had a very tall front sight. I filed down the height a little at a time while at the range until it shot where I wanted it with standard velocity ammo.

I think I remember watching a video, possibly 22plinkster, where he mentioned his Wrangler shooting left?

You could bend the front sight slightly for windage. It's only a $200 gun. Or call Ruger and discuss?
    Yup, the bend & file fix was discussed with Tarzan. For me, I'm probably just going to occasionally carry the Wrangler around my Owen county property (loaded with snake-shot), so I'm unsure whether I'll actually attempt that fix. :dunno:

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    I had one range trip in early winter.....with Tarzan down at HHRP. But since then....nada ! :(

I used to go to the range every Saturday and sometimes through the week as well, but have slacked way off since the ammo price hike / shortage. Even shooting only .22 got old going all the time. My new goal is to shoot at least every other week, which keeps my Point Blank membership useful.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom